Removed

"
Drekor wrote:
Few things that stand out as odd for the build:

Commander of Darkness with only 1 Aura? You should at least have an additional L1 Clarity in there. Each additional aura gives 10% damage and 5% cast speed which is significant. However you have a BL CoH setup with GMP instead of a 2nd curse on it? That doesn't make much sense. Shift a curse from blasphemy onto the CoH setup and ditch GMP, it's incredibly unnecessary with BL. If you really want to cover the whole screen you are literally right beside 25% increase AoE nodes on your tree, pick them up. All this frees up another aura slot for you along with the clarity that's 20% damage and 10% cast speed.

No charge generation for your minions? Not having necromantic aegis + victario's charity means you are loosing 600% crit chance, 12% MORE damage, 45% cast speed, and 15% movement speed for you minions. Dropping a clayshaper for the shield even though you lose a golem you gain back far more. The other option being spectre+Blood magic+carnage chieftain but that's only frenzy charges which is nice but not having power charges as well when using flame golems is a significant dps loss. Minion damage double dips with ignites and along with temp chains is super important for killing higher HP stuff quickly.

Other than that looks ok, the stone golem along with the fire ones using harmony gems is pretty interesting. I'm pretty sure using 3x eminence with an additional flame golem would be higher dps though you do lose the bit of regen and taunt.

I thought about adding a L1 clarity but there isn't a socket im willing to give up so I take Commander for the all res aura. I suppose I could add a socketed ring.

Reason why I have blasphemy with Temp Chains and Enfeeble is due to the playstyle. When minionsmobs are ahead, golems behind and convocation on CD, it's best to run up to and around the next pack until the golems tether onto your new position. I tend to get hit a little bit when doing this, so I'm not comfortable leaving only Temp Chains on blasphemy and removing GMP on the CoH link to add Enfeeble. I also appreciate debuffing the screen in one click with the GMP lightning ball versus a single ball. If not for these factors I'd replace Enfeeble for GMP and pick up Discipline.

I don't use a chieftain spectre for the same reason I outlined for an Animated Guardian, and because fuck spectres. Thought about victario's charity but I don't feel it'd be best due to how the golems AI works, even if it does look good on paper. Flame golems do the most damage when at a distance, throwing ground targeted GMP fireballs. They aren't always in position to do this, even after using convocation to urge them to. With more flame golems I've got a higher probability of golems attacking in the most effective manner. 600% crit is a big deal, but I don't need the AoE clear speed, I need single target damage. Lots of bosses tend to stand on top of the golems. Flame golem AI is also why I opt for 1 stone golem. Hopefully the stone golem has the target placed far enough for the golems to use their strongest attack.
Last edited by SuccYE on Dec 16, 2016, 3:06:22 PM
"
simakover wrote:
build really interest, but 5ex for starting doing better expensive af.
really like how build looks, but impress how it works but cost.... too big to fresh player, and as would growing and growing

It's like you guys don't even read the guide, I started the league fresh with this build using only 3 golems and had zero problems. I'd still be clearing content with those 3 golems if not for having saved up for 5.
"

flame golems dont benefit from the cooldown reduction but stone golems do (taunt)

whaaaat? holy shit, actually? where did u find that if i may ask.
"
KinGGaiA wrote:
"

flame golems dont benefit from the cooldown reduction but stone golems do (taunt)

whaaaat? holy shit, actually? where did u find that if i may ask.

Shit, I misread the 2.5 patch notes.

"
Stone Golem's damage has been increased by 100%. Its chance to taunt on slam has been lowered. Its melee attack range has been increased.

I had thought wording implied that the slam attack was CD based but I'm not certain if it is or not.

Here's what wiki says:

"
The Stone Golem can uses a rolling movement skill and a taunting AoE ground slam in addition to its melee attacks.

Based on wording, it does sound as if the rolling attack and ground slam are CD based but my Flame golem's attacks don't have a CD or mana cost. The Flame golems use whatever attack they think is best.

Here's wiki about Flame golems:

"
The Flame Golem can use a fire spray, a wave of fire damage, and an explosive arcing projectile.

Wording sounds the same as Stone golem's, but I know that the Flame golems don't have cooldowns.

Need dev input as to how golems benefit from CD reduction, I think. I strongly suspect that the AoE ground slam is CD based, considering how I've watched it behave.
Last edited by SuccYE on Dec 14, 2016, 10:42:32 PM
Really excited to try out your build!

I'm curious about 2 things:

1. How do you know flame golems don't benefit from cooldown reduction?

2. How did the build feel when running Primordial Eminences instead of Harmonies? Do you think Eminences are better if one plans on only running flame golems?

I like the idea of 1 stone golem as a tank, but I'll only have 3 golems for a long long time, plus I'll be playing with a friend running a traditional summoner, so I expect his zombles will tank for me.
"
Really excited to try out your build!

I'm curious about 2 things:

1. How do you know flame golems don't benefit from cooldown reduction?

2. How did the build feel when running Primordial Eminences instead of Harmonies? Do you think Eminences are better if one plans on only running flame golems?

I like the idea of 1 stone golem as a tank, but I'll only have 3 golems for a long long time, plus I'll be playing with a friend running a traditional summoner, so I expect his zombles will tank for me.

1. I should have worded this better. I believe that flame golems don't have CD's but it's possible they still benefit from CD reduction in some other way. I can't say for certain whether they do or not until seeing confirmation from GGG.

I believe their skills don't have CD's because of how they behave. If they're at sufficient distance from an enemy they'll shoot ground targeted fire balls. If they're swamped with mobs on top of them, they use the AoE cone. If there's one or two enemies on top of them, they use the fire stream. I've never seen the golems use the fire balls when a single enemy is on top of them, and I've never seen the golems swap from the AoE cone to the fire stream on a single enemy, which to me would suggest that their skills dont have CD's on them.

I think the stone golem might have CD's because it has an auto attack and then 2 separate skills, and the skills behave a little differently than those of flame golems. Stone golems have this rolling attack that they don't use often and the golems seem to prefer to run up to targets rather than roll to them all of the time, which to me suggest the skill has a CD. The AoE taunt slam seems to be inconsistent as well. Again though, needs confirmation from GGG. I'll edit the post.

I just rewatched the boss fight in the my guide video a few times and the golems are swapping between their attacks on a single target. I don't know what to think anymore but I swear they're behaving the same as they did when I didn't have golem CD reduction. I DON'T KNOW MAN.

2. It felt fine with Eminences. Clearing was a little slower than with 4 flame of course but it was still very strong, and the defense was amazing vs bleed. Eminence's would be best if only running one type of golem.
Last edited by SuccYE on Dec 16, 2016, 9:21:01 PM
Is there a leveling tree or does it not really matter?
"
keldosnick wrote:
Is there a leveling tree or does it not really matter?

Late reply but there's a brief leveling section near the bottom with a link to a level 41 tree, that's it though.
i open breaches with this build and 9 times out of 10 the breaches just reck all 11 pets =/
"
Echon9ne wrote:
i open breaches with this build and 9 times out of 10 the breaches just reck all 11 pets =/

I only ever experienced that with breaches in confined spaces, when the ground AoE effects would stack up. Are you not using convocation to reposition minions?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info