[2.6] Nextguy's Magma Orb

"
nextguy wrote:
"
NaveedLife wrote:
I am having a rough time getting the +3 6L staff. I have a 6L staff and I eevn have a +3 5L staff, but getting 6L and +3 skill staff is expensive or hard to craft. I have been trying to craft the staff using shrieking/deafening essences of rage, but to no avail. suggestions?

Don't sweat it. I went into this league fully expecting to only use a 5L the whole league. In the
little under two weeks I used a 5L +3 staff I was still destroying the white/blue/most rare mobs. The 6L is only for killing some rare enemies with reses etc. faster and map bosses. Just throw fuses into it when you can is what I did. GL!

Ok, Thank you! What gems would you use in the 5L?
"
NaveedLife wrote:
"
nextguy wrote:
"
NaveedLife wrote:
I am having a rough time getting the +3 6L staff. I have a 6L staff and I eevn have a +3 5L staff, but getting 6L and +3 skill staff is expensive or hard to craft. I have been trying to craft the staff using shrieking/deafening essences of rage, but to no avail. suggestions?

Don't sweat it. I went into this league fully expecting to only use a 5L the whole league. In the
little under two weeks I used a 5L +3 staff I was still destroying the white/blue/most rare mobs. The 6L is only for killing some rare enemies with reses etc. faster and map bosses. Just throw fuses into it when you can is what I did. GL!

Ok, Thank you! What gems would you use in the 5L?

MagmaOrb - SpellEcho - LMP (slowerproj against bosses) - controlled destruction - fire pen
Magma Orb Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1735193
Tried this build and already at 71 and loving it, thanks for the guide :)!

btw if you could move the flask you linked for another poster to your main post, so we don't have to remember what page it is on that would be greatly appreciated!
"Had they not taken my home with fire, I would not have taken their children." Witch -
"
Rmpz wrote:
Tried this build and already at 71 and loving it, thanks for the guide :)!

btw if you could move the flask you linked for another poster to your main post, so we don't have to remember what page it is on that would be greatly appreciated!

done :)
Do you think that the 3 dragons helmet would increase the dps effectively by shocking enemies with this build? Or is it a waste of time?
"
shydo wrote:
Do you think that the 3 dragons helmet would increase the dps effectively by shocking enemies with this build? Or is it a waste of time?

It would not be worth it since 6 of every 14 seconds enemies are already being shocked due to shaper of desolation

I will go for this build i think :D Crafted this from a white one with enchant.

Last edited by engelswut on Dec 15, 2016, 3:56:41 PM
"
engelswut wrote:

I will go for this build i think :D Crafted this from a white one with enchant.

Kreygasm
Hi,

Didn't like Magma Orb when it was released. Recently, I thought using it and came upon your guide and saw the videos. Great work indeed.

I was building a life based magma orb build myself but with different gear. I am yet to acquire the Helmet enchant but so far its been awesome melting stuffs.

My current tooltip DPS with LMP (6L Pledge of Hands) is 98.5k. With Slower projectile tooltip DPS is 143.9K.

I use Orb of storms to proc both Elemental Overload (for 40% more DPS) & MasterMind of Discord (ascendancy Point for additional +25% fire penetration) for full up-time. I also use Anger (for added fire damage), clarity for mana regen (not mandatory if you don't have Enlighten +4 lvl), and dual curse setup of Warlord mark + Flammability. Warlord mark helps me with leech and flammability for more damage multiplier (via +43% fire penetration) resulting in a almost all map mod compatible build.

I also think PoH gives huge benefit for this build over +3 Gem Staff as it also gives 100% increased Mana thus helping us investing less points in Mana nodes. PoH also have built in spell echo thus frees up a gem slot for another DPS gem. As this build does not rely on Ignite, elemental focus is a big DPS boost.

Skill tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAALjA3UEBwSzBg4HpQj0CfYLYQ3NEzUWbxcvF6QYaho4GmwczhzcH8ckqiTYJy8n7SqNK1AreCycLYs1kjbYNuk5UjpYOtg64TwFPC09X0GHRZ1JG0myTItMs03jUlNTUlXGVdZWSFgHWHdfBF8qZOdmVGjyakNtGXxLgKSCEIKbg1-DzIPbhW2Fe48aj0aQVZD6kSuWdJeVl_SaO5rgm6GdrqIAplenCKyYr2yvp7c-wFTAZsT2xq7UB9R81YHVptgk2L3cjd9t37Dhc-Nq5CLr5Ovu7DjsVe0870vvfPAf8WzyRffX-ej60v4K_lT-jw==

Gear Setup + gems:

Spoiler

DPS Stats: (with LMP, No Buffs)
Spoiler

DPS Stats: (with LMP, Anger, Lightning & Fire Golem)
Spoiler

DPS Stats: (with Slower Projectile, Anger, Lightning & Fire Golem)
Spoiler

It's been amazing. Looking forward to try Shaper and uber Atziri next.

Cheers all.
Last edited by archzin on Jan 20, 2017, 2:46:14 PM
"
archzin wrote:
Hi,

Didn't like Magma Orb when it was released. Recently, I thought using it and came upon your guide and saw the videos. Great work indeed.

I was building a life based magma orb build myself but with different gear. I am yet to acquire the Helmet enchant but so far its been awesome melting stuffs.

My current tooltip DPS with LMP (6L Pledge of Hands) is 98.5k. With Slower projectile tooltip DPS is 143.9K.

I use Orb of storms to proc both Elemental Overload (for 40% more DPS) & MasterMind of Discord (ascendancy Point for additional +25% fire penetration) for full up-time. I also use Anger (for added fire damage), clarity for mana regen (not mandatory if you don't have Enlighten +4 lvl), and dual curse setup of Warlord mark + Flammability. Warlord mark helps me with leech and flammability for more damage multiplier (via +435 fire penetration) resulting in a almost all map mod compatible build.

I also think PoH gives huge benefit for this build over +3 Gem Staff as it also gives 100% increased Mana thus helping us investing less points in Mana nodes. PoH also have built in spell echo thus frees up a gem slot for another DPS gem. As this build does not rely on Ignite, elemental focus is a big DPS boost.

Skill tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAALjA3UEBwSzBg4HpQj0CfYLYQ3NEzUWbxcvF6QYaho4GmwczhzcH8ckqiTYJy8n7SqNK1AreCycLYs1kjbYNuk5UjpYOtg64TwFPC09X0GHRZ1JG0myTItMs03jUlNTUlXGVdZWSFgHWHdfBF8qZOdmVGjyakNtGXxLgKSCEIKbg1-DzIPbhW2Fe48aj0aQVZD6kSuWdJeVl_SaO5rgm6GdrqIAplenCKyYr2yvp7c-wFTAZsT2xq7UB9R81YHVptgk2L3cjd9t37Dhc-Nq5CLr5Ovu7DjsVe0870vvfPAf8WzyRffX-ej60v4K_lT-jw==

Gear Setup + gems:

Spoiler

DPS Stats: (with LMP, No Buffs)
Spoiler

DPS Stats: (with LMP, Anger, Lightning & Fire Golem)
Spoiler

DPS Stats: (with Slower Projectile, Anger, Lightning & Fire Golem)
Spoiler

It's been amazing. Looking forward to try Shaper and uber Atziri next.

Cheers all.

Looks great! If I were to make this build again I would definitely make use of the mastermind of discord as it is purely better than what I chose last league. Pledge of hands also great. One thing I would do this league that I could not last league because they did not yet exist is use the uniques Xoph's Blood and The Green Dream for frenzy charge gen during normal map runs if you can work it in, it might not be worth it though. However, I would absolutely use Xoph's Blood because it is just insane for any life based fire builds, and the extra strength is a blessing. Try that out if you want and let me know how it goes! Good luck on uber and shaper, the farthest I got in uber was the second split of atziri so you better beat me :).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info