[2.6] Nextguy's Magma Orb

Hello,

First of all, thanks for your guide !
I'm new to this game and it really helps a ton :)

The links to the passive skills tree are currently returning : 502 Bad Gateway.
Anything expired ?
Or we just have to wait for the site hosting the service to come up again ?

Cheers
"
Keedam wrote:
Hello,

First of all, thanks for your guide !
I'm new to this game and it really helps a ton :)

The links to the passive skills tree are currently returning : 502 Bad Gateway.
Anything expired ?
Or we just have to wait for the site hosting the service to come up again ?

Cheers

It works for me although the skill tree I made and the one in game will be slightly different due to 3.0 coming out today. The only real difference that I noticed is that Heart and soul has been moved to a better location making pathing around there easier. Good luck in Fall of Oriath!
Magma Orb Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1735193
Thanks for making the guide and I'm excited to try it. But the talent link is definitely throwing a 502 Bad Gateway error. Maybe try clearing cache then reloading? Or using links without shorteners?
"
qikr wrote:
Thanks for making the guide and I'm excited to try it. But the talent link is definitely throwing a 502 Bad Gateway error. Maybe try clearing cache then reloading? Or using links without shorteners?

Ya it is likely caused by the new skill tree changes. I will try and fix this when I update this build for 3.0 in the coming weeks.
Just wanted to let you know that this build is working great for patch 3. Im only level, 69 yet but its seems to be one of the better builds I have played through the story mode with.
Its very strong and does lots of damage once I put the 2nd Inevitability gem in. I took Soul of Solaris for major god and Soul of Abberath for minor god. Had to put extra points into intel to make 2nd Jewel work but Im just heading into Heart and Soul now which should make it even stronger.
Last edited by GreyBeard1 on Aug 29, 2017, 5:58:42 PM
"
GreyBeard1 wrote:
Just wanted to let you know that this build is working great for patch 3. Im only level, 69 yet but its seems to be one of the better builds I have played through the story mode with.
Its very strong and does lots of damage once I put the 2nd Inevitability gem in. I took Soul of Solaris for major god and Soul of Abberath for minor god. Had to put extra points into intel to make 2nd Jewel work but Im just heading into Heart and Soul now which should make it even stronger.

Good to hear! I am currently working on a version that has higher clear speed if that interests you. Should be ready in a couple weeks.
Hi. Quick question regarding Magma Orb.

The wiki states:

"Lesser Multiple Projectiles Support and Greater Multiple Projectiles Support increase the number of projectiles, and thus the area of effect. However, the explosions from Magma Orb's splashdown do not overlap, meaning that each time the orbs strike down at the same time, damage is dealt only once to any given enemy. Spread of the projectiles can be controlled by targeting closer to or further way from the caster."

So why even run Inevitability if it does not add additional damage per target? All you're doing is increasing the AoE size?
"
BigES wrote:
Hi. Quick question regarding Magma Orb.

The wiki states:

"Lesser Multiple Projectiles Support and Greater Multiple Projectiles Support increase the number of projectiles, and thus the area of effect. However, the explosions from Magma Orb's splashdown do not overlap, meaning that each time the orbs strike down at the same time, damage is dealt only once to any given enemy. Spread of the projectiles can be controlled by targeting closer to or further way from the caster."

So why even run Inevitability if it does not add additional damage per target? All you're doing is increasing the AoE size?

The aoe size is great, but even more importantly is the spread. You can cast once and hit a third of the screen instead of only a small portion of it. The extra projectiles gained from running 2 make it a lot quicker to kill packs because you are hitting all of them at once. Other than that, the increased aoe makes it more common for the chain aoes to overlap which does actually increase the damage. Enemies can only be hit by 1 orb per bounce, but they can be hit by multiple bounces.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info