[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

A cheap dagger with attack speed and flat lightning to spells (to shock) is much better than all the bad cast speed daggers people have linked in this thread. Also use elemental proliferation instead of controlled destruction

Edit: also get reduced flask charges used on belt, take flask effect nodes on witch. Get insanity gloves and put shield charge in it. Get "2% of life and mana regenerated after being hit" enchant on boots. Also take Zealot's oath so you get up to 7% regen with sulphur flask.

Fix this in the build guide and you will get massive clearspeed and survivability boost. Right now the guide is very suboptimal
Last edited by adrinatoren on Jan 26, 2017, 9:41:42 AM
Well unless I spend 100 ex on indivdual upgrades (which I may end up doing) my build is pretty much done.

I have 21/20 gems in all 6 link FB setup (and a few other 21/20's scattered about.

I think all up I spent perhaps 90 ex on gear (check my profile). I might spurge on a better dagger (or perhaps try dual weild to see how it stacks up)

I am sitting about 12k ES (could be 14k if I didn't use Skyforths/Voidbringer + used Energy from Within)

Damage is great, and now I have little issue with T15 breaches PROVIDED I move sensibly and cast enfeeble etc.

I am not 40 challenges (all on this build). I found the life version terrible and even ES is unforgiving if your gear is sub-par (and I do not mean all GG gear)

This build requires you to position carefully at times and know when you need to back off a bit to let shield recharge. In all honesty though, I can yolo throught most T15/16 mobs without caring, provided I take care with certain mobs that can smack you (porcupines anyone?)

Clear speed is very good, mobility is ok. Mana cost can be an issue if using Voidbringer (I can use DISC + ANGER even with Voidbringer due to Skyforths + one mana reduction gem) I am using FOUR jewel slots.

This build is most certainly T15 viable even with relatively CHEAP gear, but comes alive if you throw exalts at it.

I still think I preferred Norse's EQ Slayer which I played last league (50 ex to totally max it out), but this build has at least if not a lot more damage, but of course requires a bit more care with playstyle.

I have played all league on this build to test it out, I decided to play some totem in last few weeks of last league (didn't want to play meta shit) and who knew this would be one of meta hehe.

I have not done Shaper, coz I am shit at mechanics and he kills me too fast, but Guardians and everything else is no fuss. EQ Slayer is MUCH superior for Uber LAB, but everything else this build compares very favourably.

For those who have no played EQ, I highly sugget you google "Norse EQ Slayer" for next league, and catch his streams, he is a nice Aussie bloke who cares about the game.

Anyway, for those of you who moan about survivability of this build, I agree with you that with less than decent gear (life or ES) it can be a pain, but if you improve gear and learn that you are a caster essentially and NOT melee, you should have no drama with ANY content.

Have had a lot of fun reading this thread and playing with this build, I wish the OP had commented a bit more but whatever.

Check my profile to see what I am currently using. Any comments on how I could improve tree or improve gear would be greatly apprecitated.

Thanks guys, and love POE :)
OCEANIC EXILES https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/581434
Hey guys, I'm new to this game and this is the first build that I've tried.
I've died a lot but I managed to reach lv 78.
Just wanna ask one small question:
Why is my flameblast still orange but not red?
Thanks all!
"
Hey guys, I'm new to this game and this is the first build that I've tried.
I've died a lot but I managed to reach lv 78.
Just wanna ask one small question:
Why is my flameblast still orange but not red?
Thanks all!

Eh?

I am level 95 and mine is orange :)

If you need help, I am PTBroski in-game, look me up mate.

If I can help in any way at all (maps or whatever I will) Anyone can PM for help/advice.

Peace.
"
VenGanZa9 wrote:

Check my profile to see what I am currently using. Any comments on how I could improve tree or improve gear would be greatly apprecitated.

Get flat lightning to spells damage on your weapon (so you can shock mobs)
Get attack speed scaling for whirling blades (attack speed roll on your weapon).
Get insanity gloves (16% more attack speed).
Get 20% reduced flask charges used on your belt.
Get flask effect nodes in witch.
Skip voidbringers so you can skip mana potion.
Take Zealoth's oath and sanctity node in templar.
Get 2% mana and life regen after being hit enchant on boots.
Get rare boots.
Use valyrium.
Use elemental proliferation instead of controlled destruction.
Buy dying sun flask if you can afford it.
Get % ES rolls on your rare ring.
Get critical strike multiplier on your amulet. F
Fix your resist so you can craft cast speed on shield.

Edit: also you got no antishock flask, which is pretty much suicide

Do all of that and your character will be twice as good.
Last edited by adrinatoren on Jan 27, 2017, 12:23:07 PM
"
adrinatoren wrote:
"
VenGanZa9 wrote:

Get flat lightning to spells damage on your weapon (so you can shock mobs)
Get attack speed scaling for whirling blades (attack speed roll on your weapon).
Get insanity gloves (16% more attack speed).
Get 20% reduced flask charges used on your belt.
Get flask effect nodes in witch.
Skip voidbringers so you can skip mana potion.
Take Zealoth's oath and sanctity node in templar.
Get 2% mana and life regen after being hit enchant on boots.
Get rare boots.
Use valyrium.
Use elemental proliferation instead of controlled destruction.
Buy dying sun flask if you can afford it.
Get % ES rolls on your rare ring.
Get critical strike multiplier on your amulet. F
Fix your resist so you can craft cast speed on shield.

Edit: also you got no antishock flask, which is pretty much suicide

Do all of that and your character will be twice as good.

Ummm.. Removing Voidbringers loses me a lot spell crit but sure I could do it, I could afford to pay 20 ex for new gloves without blinking, even if I didn't ditchSkyforths.

Ele prolif I can buy a 21/20 right now, will it make a diff?

As for Witch, remember I am INQUISI, so how can I take Zealots and such? Don't I need hella life leech or wtf to make that work?

I do not find mobility an issue, I did use what is now legacy 20% attack on EQ Slayer last league and sure could buy some 16% now.

My cast speed is pretty good, given I am using quite nice cast speed jewels, so not sure why I would need cast speed on shield.

Dying sun I can buy out of petty cash right now, and I prolly will :)

As for Ammy, my Ammy is pretty good (and I paid peanuts for it) to replace its stats + get crit multi is going to be a pain :)

I await your respones (seriously) I have perhaps another 30 ex right now I can plug into this build (cost me 90 ex alread) but by end of league I want it to be all it can be.

Using ele prolif gem will be huge clearspeed boost.
Zealot's oath has nothing to do with being witch or inquisitor.
Don't use skyforth becuase it's terrible for totems (can't use zealot's oath for regen and lower ES on it)
You want 8% cast speed on shield because it's just straight up better than 30 res craft (for a min/maxed char)
You want to replace your terrible dagger and get flat lightning to spells, so you can shock mobs
Removing voidbringers will make you able to get more attack speed and use a defencive/offensive flask insztead of mana flask for huge survivability boost.
"
adrinatoren wrote:
Don't use skyforth becuase it's terrible for totems (can't use zealot's oath for regen and lower ES on it)
You want 8% cast speed on shield because it's just straight up better than 30 res craft (for a min/maxed char)
You want to replace your terrible dagger and get flat lightning to spells, so you can shock mobs
Removing voidbringers will make you able to get more attack speed and use a defencive/offensive flask insztead of mana flask for huge survivability boost.

Where is the life regen for Zealots coming from?

I understand Voidbringers change be interesting, and I may well do that.

Dagger could be a worry, my current dagger was 5 ex and as you know good daggers with no wasted stats can cost vastly more than that. I might perhaps consider 20 ex on some good daggers if they come up, but sadly few good ones come up :)
"
VenGanZa9 wrote:
"
adrinatoren wrote:

Dagger could be a worry, my current dagger was 5 ex and as you know good daggers with no wasted stats can cost vastly more than that. I might perhaps consider 20 ex on some good daggers if they come up, but sadly few good ones come up :)

1% from sanctity, 2% from boot enchant, 4% from consecrated ground from flask

Edit: you can get better dagger than you have for 10 chaos
Last edited by adrinatoren on Jan 27, 2017, 4:23:58 PM
"
adrinatoren wrote:
"
VenGanZa9 wrote:
"
adrinatoren wrote:

1% from sanctity, 2% from boot enchant, 4% from consecrated ground from flask

Edit: you can get better dagger than you have for 10 chaos

Ok well I will scope out boots over next day or so and see about Zealots etc, I can drop an almost inconsequential 4th jewel slot to grab them.

Dagger with no wasted stats and good cast speed? We shall see :)

Oh shield is now 8% cast speed enchant :0
Last edited by VenGanZa9 on Jan 27, 2017, 4:37:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info