[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

Is there an order of importance for gem quality?
"
leakvoid wrote:
"
Flapdrol wrote:

To do low-life with ES, you need either a Shavronne's Wrapping or a Presence of Chayula (or you can dick around with a Solaris Lorica)

But you can already swap into low life, chaos damage is not an issue in like 2/3 of high lvl maps. That is the point, shavs isn't a must-have in softcore.

You can get to about 2500 life without having lots of life nodes. Going low-life means you have 800 life against chaos. While 2/3rds of maps will not have chaos damage, 1/3rd will.

And, unless you have *high* chaos resist, some monsters will do a real number on you (especially those ranged Constructs which can fire from off-screen).

So yes you can, if you don't mind dying once in a while. I try to get my builds up to 95+ in a league and at the top end dying "once in a while" means no progress. But if you are running a MF build with no intent to progress any further, low-life Wondertrap works very well.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 12, 2016, 8:09:01 AM
"
AnalCrusader wrote:
Is there an order of importance for gem quality?

My sequence for when you run Anger:

1) Faster Casting as cast Speed is life
2) Flameblast (20% damage) (note that you want to have a 21/20 in the end)
3) Inc. Critical Strikes (20% Crit chance)
4/5) Inc AOE (10% Area Damage) and Controlled Destruction (10% Spell Damage)
6) All other gems in your build
7) Spell Totem (Totem Placement Speed - don't bother)

My sequence for when you run Blasphemy - Temporal Chains (my choice):

1) Temporal Chains, as quality has a MAJOR effect
2) Faster Casting as cast Speed is life
3) Flameblast (20% damage) (note that you want to have a 21/20 in the end)
4) Inc. Critical Strikes (20% Crit chance)
5) Blasphemy (another 4% slower for Temp Chains))
6/7) Inc AOE (10% Area Damage) and Controlled Destruction (10% Spell Damage)
8) All other gems in your build
9) Spell Totem (Totem Placement Speed - don't bother)
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 12, 2016, 8:20:45 AM
"
Flapdrol wrote:
Suggested CI Tree Improvement:

Delete the following 7 nodes:
- Explosive Impact and the nodes leading to it, for a total of -55% Fire Damage and -5% AOE
- The two 15% crit multiplier nodes near DoomCast for -30% crit multiplier

Add the following 7 nodes:
- Throatseeker and the nodes leading to it, for a total of +54% crit multiplier
- Snowforged and the nodes leading to it for +43% fire damage and 30% crit chance

Total: +24% crit multi, +30% crit chance, -12% fire damage, -5% AOE

Seems like a very good trade to me.

I thought the same thing. Was looking at that last night.
"
Flapdrol wrote:
Suggested CI Tree Improvement:

Delete the following 7 nodes:
- Explosive Impact and the nodes leading to it, for a total of -55% Fire Damage and -5% AOE
- The two 15% crit multiplier nodes near DoomCast for -30% crit multiplier

Add the following 7 nodes:
- Throatseeker and the nodes leading to it, for a total of +54% crit multiplier
- Snowforged and the nodes leading to it for +43% fire damage and 30% crit chance

Total: +24% crit multi, +30% crit chance, -12% fire damage, -5% AOE

Seems like a very good trade to me.

Is it a good trade? 5% aoe and 12 fire damage is pretty big for the sake of crit chance which we dont really need, (Im at 84 and I could use a diamond flask) and multi on an amulet? I might try it though and see

edit - I did it and went from 3757 unbuffed to 3962, and 61 crit to 64. My multi went from 407 to 430, the aoe is quite noticible but I think its better. Buffed up I gained 300 damage (5.3k and have 86 crit instead of 82)

For super late game this also leaves that fire wheel needing 5 points to fill, you could take a jewel socket at 94 or begin to refill in that fire wheel. Think it's better
Last edited by GGZII on Dec 12, 2016, 3:02:41 PM
"
GGZII wrote:

edit - I did it and went from 3757 unbuffed to 3962, and 61 crit to 64. My multi went from 407 to 430, the aoe is quite noticible but I think its better. Buffed up I gained 300 damage (5.3k and have 86 crit instead of 82)

Can you actually see the AOE difference? You get 30% from the tree and 40% from Inc AOE gem, so the difference would be between a 170 radius and a 165 radius which seems mighty fine to me....
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 12, 2016, 5:06:19 PM
Guys, what dmg you have on 5/6 Link? I'm feeling somehow not enough on damage on T12+ maps, or its normally? Im running double curse instead of anger + 1 curse (with 2 curses on 6L Fb+Totem+Inc. crit+ Fast cast + Ele prolif only 2k tooltip, with 1 curse + anger 2450 tooltip without power charges). I dont have much survivability problems tho at 5.2k life + 1.5k ES, but at bosses it already takes time.. My tree is same as recommended
My gear looks like:

^^Is Elemental Proliferation really worth the damage loss?
Quick question.

I just switched to a Dagger last night before logging off and I haven't got Instruments yet, but will I get the cast speed bonus just by firing off a Whirling Blades? Do I have to hit anything or is just using the skill enough?
"
Matematikas wrote:
Guys, what dmg you have on 5/6 Link? I'm feeling somehow not enough on damage on T12+ maps, or its normally? Im running double curse instead of anger + 1 curse (with 2 curses on 6L Fb+Totem+Inc. crit+ Fast cast + Ele prolif only 2k tooltip, with 1 curse + anger 2450 tooltip without power charges). I dont have much survivability problems tho at 5.2k life + 1.5k ES, but at bosses it already takes time.. My tree is same as recommended

Well first thing to do is to dump ele prolif. This isn't an elementalist build. You should be using Controlled Destruction or Crit Multi as your 6th. A high level empower could work too but super expensive.
Last edited by damelon on Dec 12, 2016, 8:09:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info