[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
maykay wrote:
^^Is Elemental Proliferation really worth the damage loss?

Helps a bit to clear big packs, what you recommend as 6th gem? With controlled destruction my crit chance drops to 27 (from ~41) :D
I have a doryani's catalyst on Breach. Should I keep with it or try to get a crit dagger?
"
Meatshield93 wrote:
I have a doryani's catalyst on Breach. Should I keep with it or try to get a crit dagger?

Why not have both at the same time?
"
reciprocate wrote:
"
Meatshield93 wrote:

Why not have both at the same time?

Using a shield (only 6k ES without it)
"
Flapdrol wrote:

To do low-life with ES, you need either a Shavronne's Wrapping or very high Chaos Resistance (or you can dick around with a Solaris Lorica). You also need a way to avoid/diminsh stuns.

I'm playing full hybrid with no intention to go CI: at level 86 I have 2200 life, 7000 ES, +19% chaos resistance.

Saving up for the 5ex or so amulet Presence of Chayula (anti-stun and 60% chaos res), so I can go low-life for an extra aura, 30% more spell damage from Pain Attunement, and switch into Wondertrap with a Culling Strike + Rarity + Arc + Spell Totem in them to finish off very high level bosses.

My tree - I am not using Power Charges, as using Orb of Storms is not necessary at the moment and just slows me down. Maybe I will slot them in when I hit the 90s.

Orb of storms does not slow you down at all. If you're casting enfeeble you might as well just cast orb of storms intead, any time you want to cast enfeeble. It's that effective at applying the curses (Once it hits level17). Be sure to try it. Especially against breaches having a way to curse an enemy before you're aware it exists or before you can even see it is important to me.

"
Quick question.

I just switched to a Dagger last night before logging off and I haven't got Instruments yet, but will I get the cast speed bonus just by firing off a Whirling Blades? Do I have to hit anything or is just using the skill enough?

Yes. You get the cast speed as soon as you use whirling blades even if you hit no one, even if you whirling blades yourself against a wall. However you ONLY get the spell damage bonus if you cast a curse or orb of storms, placing a totem doesn't grant it.

You do need to hit an enemy with whirling blades to get the fortify buff though.

"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
AnalCrusader wrote:
Is there an order of importance for gem quality?

My sequence for when you run Anger:

1) Faster Casting as cast Speed is life
2) Flameblast (20% damage) (note that you want to have a 21/20 in the end)
3) Inc. Critical Strikes (20% Crit chance)
4/5) Inc AOE (10% Area Damage) and Controlled Destruction (10% Spell Damage)
6) All other gems in your build
7) Spell Totem (Totem Placement Speed - don't bother)

My sequence for when you run Blasphemy - Temporal Chains (my choice):

1) Temporal Chains, as quality has a MAJOR effect
2) Faster Casting as cast Speed is life
3) Flameblast (20% damage) (note that you want to have a 21/20 in the end)
4) Inc. Critical Strikes (20% Crit chance)
5) Blasphemy (another 4% slower for Temp Chains))
6/7) Inc AOE (10% Area Damage) and Controlled Destruction (10% Spell Damage)
8) All other gems in your build
9) Spell Totem (Totem Placement Speed - don't bother)

There is no choice between blasphemy and anger... you can just run orb of storms curse on hit, which will quickly max out power charges and curse everything nearby, in order for blasphemy to save your hand any clicks you actually have to drop power charges as well. So, I guess I'll work on getting superior temporal chains. That is a good tip I hadn't thought of.

"
Matematikas wrote:
"
maykay wrote:

Helps a bit to clear big packs, what you recommend as 6th gem? With controlled destruction my crit chance drops to 27 (from ~41) :D

So you're not using daggers or power charges? I drop from about 80% to 72% crit chance by adding controlled destruction. Also the tooltip, iirc does NOT include the +100% crit chance from being an inquistor and taking that ascendant ability. All of this said I do not think you should use controlled destruction unless you're at or above 50% chance or so.
Last edited by namad on Dec 13, 2016, 1:33:13 AM
I have pretty good gear and here is my tree but i am getting crushed in breaches, not just the frozen ones. I get overrun sometimes - even thought my cast speed is like 120+. I am a new player - so I am sure there is user error. I even am using double curse with enfeeble and temporal chains. Almost all my gems are 20% quality etc. Shouldn't I be breezing through this? Is it possible i went too defensive and that's why its harder?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAFvApYFQgceCaoMUg5IES0RLxFQEZYV1xhqGmwbJR0UHU8i9CTYKgsqEysKLJwsvzW5NsU8BT1fQZZEoUlRSbFLrkyzUlNWY1gHWOVaK1xrXfJeXWSdZp5sC20ZcFJ4L3yDfOV_xoKbg_OESIVthq6J04t6i4yMNox2j0aP-pJukyeVLpeVl_SaO5uhna6f36Evo_KnCKcrp5Soua4SrrO3MbxWvorAZsCaw23QH9D10f3SfNWB1abXz9gk2VvZ_OL35CLpAuvu6_XsGO0873zviO_r8NXyHfk3-d360g==?accountName=lve2raft&characterName=Tahllonn

"
namad wrote:

"
Matematikas wrote:
"
maykay wrote:

So you're not using daggers or power charges? I drop from about 80% to 72% crit chance by adding controlled destruction. Also the tooltip, iirc does NOT include the +100% crit chance from being an inquistor and taking that ascendant ability. All of this said I do not think you should use controlled destruction unless you're at or above 50% chance or so.

Im not using dagger, since i can't get one good with essence craft, not sure where people post all these daggers with global crit, cast speed & crit for spells.. On poe.trade there are few, but prices are also high for rolls without spelldmg. And i'm using shield, maybe thats why? But i have spell crit on it, it helps me to survive breaches better as dual-wield. I'm using power charges (got 6), but didn't posted how my stats are, just wanted some in natural conditions at hideout just with auras (or without)

Holy shit i got a luck after 20~ essences:
Last edited by Matematikas on Dec 13, 2016, 5:12:54 AM
Been enjoying the build so far, figured I'd share my gear / stats. Currently sustaining T14/T15 maps, some breaches destroy me if I can't keep my totems up, others just get melted. I know a lot of people have daggers but I've decided to just stick with my wand.

Gear
Spoiler

Stats
Spoiler

"
lve2raft wrote:
I have pretty good gear and here is my tree but i am getting crushed in breaches, not just the frozen ones. I get overrun sometimes - even thought my cast speed is like 120+. I am a new player - so I am sure there is user error. I even am using double curse with enfeeble and temporal chains. Almost all my gems are 20% quality etc. Shouldn't I be breezing through this? Is it possible i went too defensive and that's why its harder?

"
Matematikas wrote:

Im not using dagger, since i can't get one good with essence craft, not sure where people post all these daggers with global crit, cast speed & crit for spells.. On poe.trade there are few, but prices are also high for rolls without spelldmg. And i'm using shield, maybe thats why? But i have spell crit on it, it helps me to survive breaches better as dual-wield. I'm using power charges (got 6), but didn't posted how my stats are, just wanted some in natural conditions at hideout just with auras (or without)

I just use a dagger without cast speed until I can afford one with it (before that I used a dagger without casting and a scepter with casting as a balance while leveling). Having one dagger is important because it lets you use whirling blades. You can try shield charge if you want. I vastly prefer whirling blades personally. You might be going too defensively I do not think breaches can be beaten with defense. You have to deal enough damage to not get overrun. Personally I only do breaches that are against a wall, so only half as many enemies spawn. Have you tried that? or do ALL breaches wreck you? The difficulty of a breach is directly related to how much usable land area opens under the circle. If you're really weak only open breaches in dead end's.

I consider maximum power charges natural, they build up almost instantly via orb of storms. Personally I would not use enfeeble with blasphemy I do not see the point. If blasphemy can enfeeble something I would rather just cast whirling blades to move myself rather than lose resistance on my helmet, and reservation and gem slots. That said if your critical chance is low, just don't use controlled destruction, level controlled destruction in your alternate weapon set until later. No harm no foul. A good 6link chest costs about ten times what a dagger with casting speed on it costs. So you don't even need to replace it with anything :)
Last edited by namad on Dec 13, 2016, 5:13:50 AM
Hi all,

Was hoping to get some advice. I am just starting mapping and am doing ok but getting crushed in breaches. I know my gear aint the greatest and i MIGHT be able to pick up one of the ubershields.

So i was wondering if you all had a suggestion for build changes and/or gear changes for how I can improve?

(profile is public, character is Alaunius)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info