[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

Is divine guidance that much better than Illuminated Devotion?

and is Doryani's Catalyst a good weapon choice?
Last edited by dxn817 on Mar 5, 2018, 3:14:39 PM
"
How much Cast Speed do you need for Flameblast to feel nice?

I beastcraft this wand and it feels really good. Level 17 faster casting and this put me at 9.43 cps.

These two wands give me quite a bit more damage, the 7% cast speed one is way too slow, the 12% one feels barely useable. Hope this helps. I'm using the Heathen Wand over the more damage ones.
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Mar 5, 2018, 3:17:06 PM
Hello sir @viperesque

Im really love your build but im really lots in terms of damage, im just lvl 72, but my tooltip dps is just 2300, i dont understand what i need to raise my dps in a good way, my weapons are not perfect but they are not bad, i have cast speed everywhere, but still i cant raise it no matter what i do.

I understand that i should aim for golden kris, and i will when the prices lower a bit, but even so i cant explain how the hell can i have only 2300 dps, can you help me?

Thanks a lot for your time!

PS: Here is a pastebin link to my build: https://pastebin.com/B9rEDeim
Last edited by xSlaynx on Mar 5, 2018, 5:26:29 PM
Is this build viable in end game without investing to critical hits/gear? At least in skill tree, going for critical chance stuff is quite far and some pure totem damage buffs are skipped
"
Croc411 wrote:
Playing mixed totems in campaign now and it's incredibly fast and fun!

Frostbolt totem for clearing and Flameblast totem for bosses and other toughies. This way you get the best of both worlds: Frostbolt is awesome for clearing but bad against tough mobs, and Flameblast is great against bosses etc. but lacks clear speed.

It's so good that I encourage everyone who reads this to give it a try. You need 2x Frozen Trail jewels for Frostbolt, but go for it as soon as you can afford them (and have 2 4L items and 2 jewel sockets). After all, we have plenty of free sockets.

I'm pretty convinced that this is the way to go, at least for playing the campaign (can't tell yet how viable it is for maps and endgame).

On a side note, this also makes it easier to capture beasties.

I use Glacial Cascade instead frostbolt and its super nice to :)
im still unsure to what to use (Flameblast or Glacial Cascade).
One one side i feel that GC is way better at clearing because it does instant damage but on the other side it seems to me that Flameblast does more dmg when fighing against bosses.

Do you guys have any insight on how the damage numbers are when you compare GC against FB Totems?(running 4 Totems as Hierophant atm)
"
Napster4 wrote:
One one side i feel that GC is way better at clearing because it does instant damage but on the other side it seems to me that Flameblast does more dmg when fighing against bosses.

Do you guys have any insight on how the damage numbers are when you compare GC against FB Totems?(running 4 Totems as Hierophant atm)

From what I've read its the exact opposite. Glacial is faster on bosses, and Flameblast is faster for clearing. Imo use the Flameblast tree and level with Glacial until you have enough cast speed to make FLameblast feel good, and then never look back.

Especially if you're into MTX. Celestial Flameblast is one of the best looking things in this game!
Any reason not to use Flammability for the curse in this build? Seems like it should add a lot of damage, unless I'm missing something, but I don't see it suggested in the OP.
"
JLawL wrote:
"
Napster4 wrote:

From what I've read its the exact opposite. Glacial is faster on bosses, and Flameblast is faster for clearing. Imo use the Flameblast tree and level with Glacial until you have enough cast speed to make FLameblast feel good, and then never look back.

Especially if you're into MTX. Celestial Flameblast is one of the best looking things in this game!

don't know, the high requirement of cast speed is kinda holding me off from Flameblast, it's really hard to find daggers with cast speed, GC is easier to gear in that point
"
genghis999 wrote:
Any reason not to use Flammability for the curse in this build? Seems like it should add a lot of damage, unless I'm missing something, but I don't see it suggested in the OP.

I'm using Flammability because of that sweet, sweet DPS, but I understand why you'd want to use Temp Chains instead. With Temporal Chains, it slows the enemy so that they aren't as easily capable of running out of your flameblasts before they go off. With some enemies/bosses like that snake with the proximity shield, it's absolutely hell to hit them with a Flameblast while Temporal Chains makes it much easier to hit them.
Less damage, more quality of life.

Or at least that's how I look at it, someone who knows more can chime in if they want.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info