[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
What skill actually is more rewarding and scaling into lategame to come with? Cascade or FB?

GC
Any tips on keeping totems alive? My character is in my profile (grifftotes). I have problems with sometimes putting down my 4 set of totems and they live to cast MAYBE once before dying. I'm not sure how you would get more health on them or get them more defensives.
This is a crit build, so will you take Elemental Overload? And how about Elemental Equilibrium?
"
nbminh5595 wrote:
This is a crit build, so will you take Elemental Overload? And how about Elemental Equilibrium?

Elemental Equilibrium is out of the question because it gets triggered by totems. All it would do is giving every monster your totems hit +25% fire resistance.

Elemental Overload is also out of the question because it nullifies all crit multipliers (+50% base and additional ones from tree, gear and Alira), which amount to a way bigger damage increase than EO's 40% more.
Last edited by Croc411 on Mar 4, 2018, 8:11:50 AM
Is this a good weapon for GC totems?
"
raulbsc wrote:

If you want to shield charge and not spend lots of money on a spell dagger, definitely worth it.
El Psy Congroo.
"
Patchumz wrote:
"
raulbsc wrote:

If you want to shield charge and not spend lots of money on a spell dagger, definitely worth it.

i assume its same for freezing pulse totems? since they are basically the same gc/fp/frostbolt?
Loving this build. I just made the switch to fireblast after finishing normal lab and getting ancestral bond. I was a little worried about what to expect with me not being able to cause damage with skills anymore, but man was I surprised.
I've never been able to beat Dominus or Kitava without dying before. But with this build I just steam-rolled them both with ease.
Thanks for putting this post together!
Playing mixed totems in campaign now and it's incredibly fast and fun!

Frostbolt totem for clearing and Flameblast totem for bosses and other toughies. This way you get the best of both worlds: Frostbolt is awesome for clearing but bad against tough mobs, and Flameblast is great against bosses etc. but lacks clear speed.

It's so good that I encourage everyone who reads this to give it a try. You need 2x Frozen Trail jewels for Frostbolt, but go for it as soon as you can afford them (and have 2 4L items and 2 jewel sockets). After all, we have plenty of free sockets.

I'm pretty convinced that this is the way to go, at least for playing the campaign (can't tell yet how viable it is for maps and endgame).

On a side note, this also makes it easier to capture beasties.

Last edited by Croc411 on Mar 4, 2018, 7:18:41 PM
For people who went GC with this build, how did you handle the Dex requirement for Hatred and Cold Pen? did you just get it via equipment? Is there a different mtree to follow?

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info