[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
Croc411 wrote:
Playing mixed totems in campaign now and it's incredibly fast and fun!

Frostbolt totem for clearing and Flameblast totem for bosses and other toughies. This way you get the best of both worlds: Frostbolt is awesome for clearing but bad against tough mobs, and Flameblast is great against bosses etc. but lacks clear speed.

It's so good that I encourage everyone who reads this to give it a try. You need 2x Frozen Trail jewels for Frostbolt, but go for it as soon as you can afford them (and have 2 4L items and 2 jewel sockets). After all, we have plenty of free sockets.

I'm pretty convinced that this is the way to go, at least for playing the campaign (can't tell yet how viable it is for maps and endgame).

On a side note, this also makes it easier to capture beasties.

what skill gems did you change for frostbolt?
So what am I missing re: wands? Per path of building a 1-5c Apep's Rage does about 98% of the damage of a 200c Void Battery. It's literally within a couple percent.

Only real downside to Apep's is the increased mana cost, but we have so much mana regen it really doesn't matter.
"
"
Croc411 wrote:
Playing mixed totems in campaign now and it's incredibly fast and fun!

Frostbolt totem for clearing and Flameblast totem for bosses and other toughies. This way you get the best of both worlds: Frostbolt is awesome for clearing but bad against tough mobs, and Flameblast is great against bosses etc. but lacks clear speed.

It's so good that I encourage everyone who reads this to give it a try. You need 2x Frozen Trail jewels for Frostbolt, but go for it as soon as you can afford them (and have 2 4L items and 2 jewel sockets). After all, we have plenty of free sockets.

I'm pretty convinced that this is the way to go, at least for playing the campaign (can't tell yet how viable it is for maps and endgame).

On a side note, this also makes it easier to capture beasties.

what skill gems did you change for frostbolt?

You run both totems in parallel (having both on your skill bar). Right now I use:
- 5L: Frostbolt - Spell Totem - Faster Projectiles - Crit Damage - Cold Penetration
- 4L: Flameblast - Spell Totem - Faster Casting - Elemental Focus

The links are kinda subject to personal preference though (and since we're still leveling subject to what socket colors you can reasonably achieve).
"
zz9za wrote:
So what am I missing re: wands? Per path of building a 1-5c Apep's Rage does about 98% of the damage of a 200c Void Battery. It's literally within a couple percent.

Only real downside to Apep's is the increased mana cost, but we have so much mana regen it really doesn't matter.

Did you activate power charges in Configuration tab in PoB?

Also, you need to allocate all three +1 power charge nodes in passive tree (and pick the minor node above Instability) since these are mandatory when using Void Battery.
Last edited by Croc411 on Mar 5, 2018, 1:22:54 AM
"
Jehutiy wrote:
For people who went GC with this build, how did you handle the Dex requirement for Hatred and Cold Pen? did you just get it via equipment? Is there a different mtree to follow?

Thanks

Until you reach right side of the tree, you get them from items like rings/amulets or any other items does not matter too much. But I prefer rings/amulets since dex can be on the upper side of the item and I can still get juicy stats at the bottom.
Last edited by Lynkeus_ on Mar 5, 2018, 3:01:46 AM
Nice build!
RAAAAAAAA!

(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ǝ︵ o︵ d

I'm out.
I've been playing since beta and I've been wanting to do a totem build for so long and now I am at last!

I'm loving it so much. Seeing flameblast being spammed is also very cool. Can't wait to start doing maps.

Cheers
fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
I was wondering if this build is viable for end-game content if played in SSF-SC?
How much Cast Speed do you need for Flameblast to feel nice?
For me when I reach around 9 cast per sec it begin to feel very comfortable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info