[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

So just wanna pitch in and show of my somewhat different approach on the build.
Theres 2 problems we have with this build:
No leech and no real mitigation besides flasks and the ES pool.
While I like vipers approach I wanna show mine.

gear:
Spoiler

Swapping in mana flask for low regen maps.
Shaper flask for general faster clearspeed due to higher AoE.
Gear is okay in the other slots.
(Some gems/flasks aren't fully leveld or qualitied, I'll do that tomorrow, I was just lazy.)
Get the cold ground enchant on gloves from lab.
I use culling strike on orb of storms to shorten bossfights (helped against shaper, fuck his clonephase).
For general mapping I'd use controlled destruction over inc. crit-dmg, but against bosses you really want more crits, since 10stack ignites are huge (especially against shaper).
Against iginite immun bosses (fuck you phoenix) just use controlled destruction too.

Most important change: swapping Anger for Temp.-chains on Blasphemy.
Temp. is the best curse you can run.
Slowing mobs down is the best way to avoid damage, since 99% of the damage in this game is dodgeable if the attack is just slow enough, paired with our totems that do the damage, we can freely roam, while doing damage.
Anger's damage boost is pretty small compared to the defensive Temp.-chain gives.
Yes its less effective on bosses, but its still a huge bonus.
Small positive sideeffect is that mobs stay mire grouped due to them being slowed, which helps our clearspeed, since totems oneshot pack and we have less single strugglers left (shaper flask helps too).

skilltree:

I only take one totem cluster, since the pathing down is just bad.
Couple of nodes are personal preference:
Templar powercharge
Eledmg. at shadow

I picked the manacost and manaregen nodes for QoL.
Paired with clarity I can freely spam and don't need a flask, unless I have -60%regen, but even then its still doable without flask.
I wanna take more jewel slots too, since jewels are insane.
Using three atm. : Energy from within and two rares with Area damage; fire damage; double castspeed.
Area and fire damage double dip with ignites, so I prefer them over crit multi, which is pretty good too tho.
You could sacrifice damage for the witch ES cluster, but I'm just gonna take them after lvl 94.
Aside from that I took ZO coupled with a bit regen from the tree and a sulphur flask.
Helps alot against prolonged bossfights (theres rarely one, but against shaper and guardians its super good) and for traps in lab.

Tooltip is 7.1k without Conc and inc. AoE, fully buffed.
10.6k with Conc.
Gem's are still leveling, so theres probably 1-2k tooltip missing.
ES is 10.2k atm, can easy get to 12k with better gloves and boots and %ES and more levels.
Did all guardians, shaper and almost every map so far. (Minotaur was easiest so far imo, maybe Viper needs more practise)
Phoenix is the most annoying (no ignites) and Hydra is rippy with bad rng.
Didn't do Uber Atziri, but she should be fine, just use 3 Vaal Discs.

All in all super smooth build...I'd like to have more ESregen, sinve thats the only weakness.
At the people who ask if the FB MTX is better: NO its way worse, because the "splat" at the explosion is super FPS killer on "not-so-good PCs".

Thats all, if theres questions I'll gladly answer.
Also: Nice guide Viper, hope you submitted it for Lioneyes Podcast showcase!

cheers
EXALTS>EXAMS
Last edited by skieZ on Sep 19, 2016, 10:13:50 PM
Dunno what to think of this build, it's pretty good, I like it, kind of relaxed to play, you plant totems and collect rewards : > While whirling like a crazy chicken trying to stay away from all Hell.

Damage is pretty good... but not enough. It doesn't melt bosses like a trapper, which means I'm forced to run around a lot and hope I'm not running into some face-melting situation. I'm max or close to max lvl and quality with all main attack gems. I get 5-6k tooltip with AoE, and 7-8 with Conc. Buffed, dunno.. a bit more. So my average is probably 6-7k * 11 = around 70ish k per blast.. I'm guessing 2 seconds or more until blast * 2 totems = less than 70k total DPS. Maybe a 50-60ish k. Not sure if half or more of that damage is crit.. so at least 30k DPS is 100% effective, the other is reduced by boss resists. So against a boss with 45% resist I get maybe a 40k actual DPS? More than most of my other builds, but not enough for high tier maps. I'm already lvl 84, and I kind of need to do high tier to continue playing.

I did invest in shield more though and I'm missing a few damage skills. I had to add Essence Surge for faster recharge and less delay, and faster shield restart on one of my rings, I think that's hugely important for shields, more than the amount of shield. I also added Melding with an Energy from Within. So I'm at 8k shield, no leech, no regen, no Soul Strike.. and especially no Occultist ascendancy, all in all fairly mediocre. My main defense is Whirling Blades, and he is very fast with them, compared to all my previous characters. And Temp Chains too.. I can't play this game without it, and hexproof maps are Hell.

Btw, I don't see any problem with Chain, not sure what it even means.. maps where monsters Chain skills?.. No problemo at all, as far as I can see. Reflect though.. is a bit annoying. I have to plant more totems than usual. : > It's much better than reflect with flame totems though, they were dying so fast without getting to do much damage. At least with flameblast they explode and die dealing max damage. Yey.

I hope things get a bit better with a maxed Flameblast gem, and maybe adding a jewel, maybe grabbing the Explosive Impact cluster. I had to leave that out for now, so I can get crits and shield.
"
skieZ wrote:
ES is 10.2k atm, can easy get to 12k with better gloves and boots and %ES and more levels.

Wut?.. How? Not with that Vaal regalia..
I have a lot more shield on my chest piece, I took a ton of shield nodes, I think my Discipline gem is pretty close to max.. if not maxed.. and I have 8k. : /
What would be the best way to alter this build to take advantage of a Shav's chest ? Not sure if I should buy a high ES chest or a Shav's.
"
"
skieZ wrote:

I have a lot more shield on my chest piece, I took a ton of shield nodes, I think my Discipline gem is pretty close to max.. if not maxed.. and I have 8k. : /

Post your gear and tree.
Getting over 10k is extremly easy.
My regalia has 38 int, thats almost 8% extra ES, so the chest gives me 736 ES, which is decent.
I have 16% on my amulet, a ton of flat es everywhere (the belt for example).
I don't know how you can have 2k less ES if you have better gear.
EXALTS>EXAMS
question you suggest maybe running vaal discipline/haste with cwdt i tried it and it does not proc i was just wondering what the advantage of running this set up is i am new to poe so be kind :) also great build i am loving it
"
skieZ wrote:
"
"
skieZ wrote:

Post your gear and tree.
Getting over 10k is extremly easy.
My regalia has 38 int, thats almost 8% extra ES, so the chest gives me 736 ES, which is decent.
I have 16% on my amulet, a ton of flat es everywhere (the belt for example).
I don't know how you can have 2k less ES if you have better gear.

I have no idea how to post my gear. My tree is this atm, at lvl 84:

http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAFvApYEswVCCaoMUhEtES8RUBXXGyUdFB3ZIvQk2CoLKhMrCiycLL8y0TW5NsU8BT1fQZZDVEShRUdJsUuuTLNOrlBCUlNTNVZjWOVaK1xrXfJeXWSdZp5sC20ZcFJ8g3_GgpuD84RIhW2GrohCidOLeouMjDaMdo5kj0aP-pJukyeXlZf0mjuf36EvogCj8qcIpyunlKi5rhKus7E2tvq3MbmTvFa-isBmwJrBxcMJw23Q9dH90nzVgdWm18_YJNlb2fzhc-L36QLr7uv17BjtPO9874jyHfRx96b5N_nd-tI=

So I still have to take more damage nodes, not shield.
I have a ton of ES on my gear. Not much on rings or amulet, because I struggle with strength + dex + resists. I do have a faster shield restart on one ring, and I would totally have that on both if I could. I also had to lower my MF a bit, which in turn doesn't help at all with finding maps.. I get awful loot now, I will probably have to find another build. I think the problem with this build is that it tries to grab too many things, it invests in radius, totems, crit, charges.. It's easier when you focus just on damage and ES.
Last edited by monkeyonyourtonsils on Sep 20, 2016, 9:57:26 AM
Lvl 80 in hc with this build, going pretty well 9k es without really trying that hard, 10k shouldn't be hard. Curious how well this build would farm uber lab?
Last edited by facelessman122 on Sep 20, 2016, 6:12:36 PM
Level 91 on EHC now using pizza totems. Got almost 12k ES and my totems kill anything and everything in seconds. I'm running T11 maps and it's a breeze so far. If you are going CI I would definitely recommend getting a Stone Golem, at least 1% regen in the tree and Zealot's Oath. Shield Charge is waaaaaaay better than Whirling Blades!

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAFvApYFQgmqDFIOSA5cES0RLxFQEZYV1xbzGF0abBslHdkgbiL0JNgmPClPKgsqEysKLJwsvy-dNbk2xTwFPO89X0GWQ1REoUV-SVFJsUuuTLNQMFJTVmNXlFjlWitca13yXl1knWaeaPJrt2wLbRlwUnyDf8aD84RIhW2FfYauiEKLeouMjHaP-pJukyeXlZf0mjuce52unjyf36Evo_KnCKcrp5Soua3xrhKus7cxvFa-isBmwJrBxcNt0PXR_dJ81YHVptfP2CTZW9n8217i9-Qi6QLr7uv17BjtPO1h73zviPDV8h30cffB-Tf53Q==?accountName=Hookt&characterName=Pizzabrotems

Gear:
"
Hookt wrote:
Level 91 on EHC now using pizza totems. Got almost 12k ES and my totems kill anything and everything in seconds. I'm running T11 maps and it's a breeze so far. If you are going CI I would definitely recommend getting a Stone Golem, at least 1% regen in the tree and Zealot's Oath. Shield Charge is waaaaaaay better than Whirling Blades!

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAFvApYFQgmqDFIOSA5cES0RLxFQEZYV1xbzGF0abBslHdkgbiL0JNgmPClPKgsqEysKLJwsvy-dNbk2xTwFPO89X0GWQ1REoUV-SVFJsUuuTLNQMFJTVmNXlFjlWitca13yXl1knWaeaPJrt2wLbRlwUnyDf8aD84RIhW2FfYauiEKLeouMjHaP-pJukyeXlZf0mjuce52unjyf36Evo_KnCKcrp5Soua3xrhKus7cxvFa-isBmwJrBxcNt0PXR_dJ81YHVptfP2CTZW9n8217i9-Qi6QLr7uv17BjtPO1h73zviPDV8h30cffB-Tf53Q==?accountName=Hookt&characterName=Pizzabrotems

Gear:

Intriguing...but you seem a little low on cast speed? What cast speed do you have?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info