[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
Artwebb1986 wrote:
I like this build been having the most fun ever playing this game with it.

I tried Skies build version and My question is why are we using CWDT + Immortal Call when we dont get any endurance charges ? Or does it discharge the power charges too ?

It still gives you a small moment of phy. dmg imunity. I personly added phase run...its really amazing. I think in a perfect world you got a ES item with 3 red/1 green for cwdt/ic/phaserun/inc. duration. Since im playing the bow version with soulstrike its perfect to regen es.
Im currently running the life based build and I was wondering if we could use a 5L soul mantle and also use self flagellation?
Hi everyone!

First, big thanks to viperesque for the sick sick build and for saving my ass! Like many others (I feel), I got stuck in limbo when ziz decided to dump flameblast. I struggled and never really felt it with firestorm... Then I saw that this tree was very close to ziz's flameblast, so to save regrets, I combined the two, making as few changes as necessary to get the relevant totem skills; after all they share the bulk of the tree, and both need lots of crit, and good attack/cast speed.

Well, I am here to report that the experiment, so far, has been a success. I am pushing into tier 15+ with relative ease, playing pretty much solo and 2man with my friend, who is running BV, and I am able to keep up with him just fine :) It's actually a really nice combo as he tanks/DPS and I support/AoE/DPS.

Here are the details:

1)Build: www.poeurl.com/Nc1
2)Toon: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/corosou/characters
2)Stats:
Spoiler
With Anger+Discipline+Flame Totem

(right click each and open in new tab if you can't see them)

The way I have the build going it's super fun to play. I have tons of movement speed, which make it easier to kill lots of mob packs close together, because casting whirling sometimes goes too far and puts you in a bad spot too close to mobs; this way you can keep a very fast pace as you drop totem after totem moving from pack to pack; not to mention that Uber Lab traps are a joke moving this fast. Not only that but I'm also using lightning warp for even more mobility and trap avoidance. I've made up for lack of cast speed in large part with jewels, so make sure you check those out in the toon profile.

I've recorded several runs T11->T15s, both solo and with my BV friend. If anyone cares to see them, drop me a note here or hit me up in game and I can share some on youtube. And of course if anyone has any questions, feel free to hit me up in game.

Again, thanks viperesque!
Last edited by corosou on Sep 27, 2016, 2:38:51 AM
I am playing the CI version of this build and am managing at level 69 to pretty much do anything I want to do. I haven't started maps yet and am only in act 3 but everything is fairly easy even though I have pretty crappy equipment. My question is this: I stuck pretty much to the tree laid out in the guide except for the lower section; there I deviated into more ES. I have found two wands; one with 19% increased cast speed and one with 16% faster cast speed. If I utilized both wands into my playing will I see significantly faster explosions and thus clear speed? Or would the additional 16% not let me see much difference?

I am asking this because I will have to completely change my character, crafting resist mods onto most of my equipment to keep my resists up. This I do not want to do if it will not make much difference.

Thanks.
"
WolfeDude wrote:
I am playing the CI version of this build and am managing at level 69 to pretty much do anything I want to do. I haven't started maps yet and am only in act 3 but everything is fairly easy even though I have pretty crappy equipment. My question is this: I stuck pretty much to the tree laid out in the guide except for the lower section; there I deviated into more ES. I have found two wands; one with 19% increased cast speed and one with 16% faster cast speed. If I utilized both wands into my playing will I see significantly faster explosions and thus clear speed? Or would the additional 16% not let me see much difference?

I am asking this because I will have to completely change my character, crafting resist mods onto most of my equipment to keep my resists up. This I do not want to do if it will not make much difference.

Thanks.

From my own personal experience I would say you want as much cast speed as you can possibly get and yes it will make a big difference in your clear speed. 16% is a respectable upgrade, but dual-wielding will make you squishier. You can do what I did, use a shield and get cast speed on your one dagger, rings, amulet and jewels. That brought me to +152% cast speed modifier using a "Stone of Lazhwar" and +149 using "Warped Timepiece" (unbuffed).

I am a newb to the game, but I would say the priority is:

Cast Speed > Spell dmg > Crit: Mult > Crit: Spell > Area dmg

Someone correct me if I'm wrong pls
Last edited by wirus_pp on Sep 28, 2016, 12:35:15 PM
Hello, can you write all map mods this build can do with no problem and mods I should skip.

Thx
"
GOSARN wrote:
Hello, can you write all map mods this build can do with no problem and mods I should skip.

Thx

He mentions it under "Playstyle"

"Map mods of note: Blood Magic (CI version can't do it, have to turn your auras off, and make sure to rely on flasks), reduced/no regen (bring a mana flask), elemental reflect (your totems will one-shot themselves so be ready to recast them constantly)."
Why flame golem over lightning golem? Isn't the cast speed on totems and attack speed on whirling blades more important than % dmg?
Now lvl 89 and running smoothly, awesome trash clearspeed and enjoyable to oneshot normal atziri vaals/trio and atziri itself :)

Didnt take those power charge nodes and i dont use power charge on crit, already ~72% crit chance and with diamond flask thats enough for me. And anger --> blasphemy+temp chain works for me better than extra dmg.

Whats good enchantment for boots/gloves? For helmet went for lightning golem 150% buff to extra cast speed.

Stats

Energy shield ~10100
Dmg in hideout ~7500
Full buffed dmg with inc aoe ~9600
Full buffed dmg with conc effect ~14800

Current Gear

Spoiler

Passive tree

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAFvApYFQgmqDFIRLREvEVAV1xqBGyUc3B0UHxgi9CTYKgsqEysKLJwsvzLRNbk2xTwFPV9BlkShRUdJUUuuTLNOrlBCUXRR-1JTUzVWY1jlWitca13yXl1knWaebAttGXBSc7N8g3_GgpuD84RIhW2GronTi3qLjIw2jHaOZI8aj0aP-pJukyeXlZf0mjuce5_foS-io6PyppmnCKcrp5Soua4SrrOxNrb6tzG5k7xWvorAZsCawcXDCcNtzRbQH9D10f3SfNWB1abYJNlb2fzfiuL36QLr7uv17BjtPO1h73zv6_DV8h33pvnd-tI=
Ign HalpingHansu/Jevnigeff
Last edited by Jevnigeff on Sep 29, 2016, 9:01:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info