Atlas mechanics / map drops: Is GGG lying to us? Deliberately not telling the truth?

"
MANIQKBG wrote:
"
TheArtOfFugue wrote:
Map drops are fine, sometimes I run out of red maps, sometimes I overflow with them, its RNG people.

Run more maps and stop whining.

LOL sometimes you play out of red map 91 lv.GL dude, but I do not want to play t10 map, when you play as much as I play then tell me stop whining

It's ok. If 6 people are "whinning" about low drop rates and 2 other says they are insane, it means that everything is fine as in average everyone is getting lot of drops :)

So people, please don't whine, just realize that statistically you are having really good drop rates, as there is always someone beside you getting shitload of drops to even it out :)
Sounds great. Doesn't answer the actual question of the thread, though.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Yet another I don't understand how random works post, sadly. Not to mention that third reply points out that these posts are precise in what GGG said, and how these things work.
These assumptions are, sadly, a tin foil hat party. :(

No offense, and kudos for taking the effort, but it is missed one.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Just adding some salt to the pile of shit GGG calls the map pile. Once I RIP'd in EHC that was it for me. Atlas just added yet another RNG gate to the final end game content.

Back to ----------

It's none of your business what I go do. Now to pry the door knob out of my ass cause the door hit me on the way out.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
"
Perq wrote:
Yet another I don't understand how random works post, sadly. Not to mention that third reply points out that these posts are precise in what GGG said, and how these things work.

I don't know, but can you quote where GGG says precisely how the drops work? I could not find any information. I have taken more than one statistics class in my life, I know how RNG works. But only if I know how the rules for the RNG are. Which is specified... nowhere. Which sucks.

I've implemented map drops myself in a simulator, and there are different ways to implement the Atlas bonus. None of these ways is obviously the right one. And I do not know which of these implementations GGG chose.
Thank you very much for this post!

Would love some GGG response.
"
Perq wrote:

You do realize that it isnt entirely random. There are rules written into their "Random" thus making it ... not entirely random. He is following assumed rules, and trying to figure out what the Actual rules are.
If 70% of people are pissed because of map drops, and 30% have insane map quantities - maybe it is time to revisit decision for this to be determinated by RNG?
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
I don't see what is so hard to understand. If you have 100% bonus, every map drop will be upgraded by +1, but of course this is limited by the usual drop restrictions: white mobs cant drop higher than +0, magic & rares cant drop higher than +1, bosses cant drop higher than +2.

Ofc we don't know if GGG tweaked base drop chance & quality, because of this Atlas bonus, so its pointless to speculate.

E:
GGG post says there is no reduction to map drop rates - which means quantity. But they don't mention anything about quality. It's possible that he overall tier quality of map drops has been lowered, to compensate for the Atlas bonus. But again - speculation.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Sep 30, 2016, 11:24:39 AM
"
morbo wrote:
I don't see what is so hard to understand. If you have 100% bonus, every map drop will be upgraded by +1, but of course this is limited by the usual drop restrictions: white mobs cant drop higher than +0, magic & rares cant drop higher than +1, bosses cant drop higher than +2.

OK and what happens if the determined tier cannot drop from the monster? Drop removed? Drop re-rolled? Tier capped? Unclear, no clear statement from GGG.

"
morbo wrote:
Ofc we don't know if GGG tweaked base drop chance & quality, because of this Atlas bonus, so its pointless to speculate.

They said they did not lower the map drop rate (which probably is not true). So if that was true and the tier would just be capped, then we would all be swimming in T14/T15/T16 maps. Are you?

Besides, there are clear hints for a re-roll in that case, specifically the behavior of the "Dreamer's Dream" prophecy, which changed with the release of Atlas of Worlds as far as I can determine.

"
morbo wrote:
GGG post says there is no reduction to map drop rates - which means quantity. But they don't mention anything about quality. It's possible that he overall tier quality of map drops has been lowered, to compensate for the Atlas bonus. But again - speculation.

True, but that would be a bit of an asshole move, no?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info