Atlas mechanics / map drops: Is GGG lying to us? Deliberately not telling the truth?

"
Char1983 wrote:
Pretty sure the truth is b).

I just got a Dreamer's Dream that triggered in a Lair of the Hydra map. Great, right? Not really.

What dropped was a T13.

Pretty sure it got upgraded to T17, which cannot drop, and then re-rolled.

t13 on a t16 map? lucky, both times I've done dreamer's dream I've got -5 and -6 tiers from the map level lol.
Another thing I don't see mentioned, and it may be because I'm wrong, but weren't white maps supposed to tend to drop above level maps, red maps supposed to drop lower level maps, while yellow ones being the mid point?
GGG moved the red threshold down, so it's only understandable that the mapping is worse than 2.3 now.
Granted that wouldn't explain why even sustaining t10 is hard for a lot of people.
Did you do those Dreamer's Dream before or after Atlas of Worlds came out?
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
The 2.4 version of the maps seem to be a bit smaller than 2.3. E.g. jungle valley is a bit thinner (seems to be about the same length), gorge is a bit shorter, mtn ledge/atoll is smaller, etc. Not sure if there are the same number of mobs or not, but smaller maps could have a counteracting influence on that Atlas bonus so that map drops are not that much different than 2.3 (until more/most of the atlas is unlocked?).
I'm only into T6 maps but I have the feeling most maps are smaller than before or at least less denser. I mean take Beach, for me that map should be twice as long. Statistics and comparisons are out of the window if maps are just less dense. I love the new maps I really do but the amount of empty space is starting to annoy me. Where is the old Dunes where you couldn't move a step without seeing a pack of monsters? Acid Lakes almost feels like Fallout, empty.
I'm only into T6 maps but I have the feeling most maps are smaller than before or at least less denser. I mean take Beach, for me that map should be twice as long. Statistics and comparisons are out of the window if maps are just less dense. I love the new maps I really do but the amount of empty space is starting to annoy me. Where is the old Dunes where you couldn't move a step without seeing a pack of monsters? Acid Lakes almost feels like Fallout, empty.
"
vikroda wrote:
The 2.4 version of the maps seem to be a bit smaller than 2.3. E.g. jungle valley is a bit thinner (seems to be about the same length), gorge is a bit shorter, mtn ledge/atoll is smaller, etc. Not sure if there are the same number of mobs or not, but smaller maps could have a counteracting influence on that Atlas bonus so that map drops are not that much different than 2.3 (until more/most of the atlas is unlocked?).

Yeah, I've noticed that as well. Which is kind of stupid to be honest. They tell us the map drop rate has not been reduced, but to be able to not reduce it, they just make the maps smaller to counteract the Atlas bonus...

On the other hand, I've never had as many T12+ maps as I have at the moment. Even though I sold two or three T16 and a few T14 already.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Sep 13, 2016, 7:19:51 PM
Sad stuff, less shamefull playing wow instead of the league for once...
This need to be answered.
Most guild mates reported to have bad map drops (some of them have farmed dozens of EX already so you cannot blame them for not playing much), with the exception of like 3-4 of them gets LOADS of red maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info