Patch 2.4.0d (Restartless)

Doesn't do shit for me, the first time when I start up my PC the game stutters like crazy, very annoying;

i5 2500 OC'ed to 4,0Ghz
GTX 680 OC'ed a bit
8GB RAM
WIN7 ON SDD
POE ON HDD

Game runs fine after I run a few maps. Issue started with the load time changes.
IGN; HugeCocInYourFace (Warbands)

EU timezone
so what about the quay boss?
"
Chris wrote:
Patch 2.4.0d
  • Fixed a bug that would cause extraneous disk access on the main thread when loading new shaders. This was one cause of stuttering on some machines, especially those without SSDs. This bug had been present since 2.3.0.

This has been deployed without a realm restart. Restart your game client to download this update.

Ever since 2.4 started my poe has been using around 70% of my cpu.
I have an I7 4790k at 4.4GHz turbo boosted and I enjoy streaming poe but this patch has seen a huge increase in CPU usage meaning I am struggling to stream.
Not sure if the massive CPU Usage is just me? Hopefully if it isn't then I hope it gets fixed soon but if it is just me (which I don't think it is) I'm not sure because I can run most games with 0 problems just POE seems to be worse.
"
Cool, now you just need to fix Scion's passive tree art not appearing... because that's a bug... right? Q.Q

GGG did not expect for anyone to play scion...
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
The Patch did worse for me. I died on the warden because my input froze. I couldn't even Alt+F4.

Rather old machine here:

E6600 @ 3,00 GHz
Geforce GTS 8800
4 GB RAM
only HDD.

Day before I could play without the observed behavior.
It still didn't fix the memory leaks, that crashes the client at least 4 times/hour, which I didn't have before 2.4

Are u guys still looking into that?

Guess I can only hope...
Make the matter worse. My fps in map jump from 330ish to 17-30 ??? what is wrong, still work fine before and i actually think you guy make a great work.

My rig is old but that shouldnt happen, since i can run most of game out there with out problem.

Dual xeon 2680v2
SSD samsung evo 240gb
geforce 1070 Gigabyte
32 gb ram
[3.2]Muh Sprinkler - /view-thread/2117962
[3.2]Muh Poet's pen elementalist - /view-thread/2105455
[2.6]Unethical Voltaxic -6mans shaper - /view-thread/1882958
[2.4]LULFinder CocDischarge - /view-thread/1753207 (sucks now)
[1.3]JustAnotherCritMjolner - /view-thread/1181110 (relics of the past)
How many patches have there been today? I am on my 4th!!!
Hmmm is it only me or does the game works kinda 10 times smoother than before?!
I dont know will see in the next hours, anyways thank you GGG nice job!
My bug left me!

Thanks GGG. :)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info