Patch 2.4.0d (Restartless)

Patch 2.4.0d
  • Fixed a bug that would cause extraneous disk access on the main thread when loading new shaders. This was one cause of stuttering on some machines, especially those without SSDs. This bug had been present since 2.3.0.

This has been deployed without a realm restart. Restart your game client to download this update.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Sep 8, 2016, 8:33:31 PM
Last bumped on Sep 14, 2016, 2:45:06 PM
hi mum! (that's the common thing to write here, not?)

edit: had alot of stuttering today on the frankfurt gateway, mostly lag spikes, don't think it was my computer.

it went away when i connected to the amsterdam gtw, we europeans are really spoilt with gateway density:)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Sep 8, 2016, 8:17:27 PM
Cool, now you just need to fix Scion's passive tree art not appearing... because that's a bug... right? Q.Q
Last edited by Rumiroom12 on Sep 8, 2016, 8:40:47 PM
I have been getting big ping lag and disconnects these past few hours, screen just freezes and I have to alt f4 out otherwise ill die so hopefully this is the fix for that
Awesome.
"
Chris wrote:
Patch 2.4.0d
  • Fixed a bug that would cause extraneous disk access on the main thread when loading new shaders. This was one cause of stuttering on some machines, especially those without SSDs. This bug had been present since 2.3.0.

This has been deployed without a realm restart. Restart your game client to download this update.

GLORY BE!

And all the people rejoiced, and said -

God Save the Chris,
Long Live the Chris,
May the Chris live forever.
"
vio wrote:
edit: had alot of stuttering today on the frankfurt gateway, mostly lag spikes, don't think it was my computer.
Can confirm that for me and my girlfriend (using different ISPs).
>especially those without SSDs

I have Samsung 840 Pro and i had stuttering issues. hope this fixes it
"
vio wrote:

it went away when i connected to the amsterdam gtw, we europeans are really spoilt with gateway density:)

Us NA have noticed, it's become a game almost to guess what EU server I'm getting screwed by because a single EU player in a group of NA players created the instance first.
If only I didn't find this post because I crashed suddenly out of a master rota and had to find something to do while reloading PoE (which used up 99% Disk to check resources for 45 minutes).

:(

Still, I hope the restartless patch fixed things for others!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info