Plaguemancer || Beacon of Corruption Degen || EZ Red Maps || Golems?!?!

Maybe, just maybe...

I fell quite entriqued in this build, but seeing as im already a dedicated aurabot, i was wandering how to do some solo content..

Then a wild idea appeared.

Scorching Ray (With 11 auras and CoD) were way up there in cast speed anyway.
perhaps this setup for some solo clearance ?

SR - CwC - Spectre - Minion life - Minion Dmg (6th link??)

If its possible to have a totem cast Desecrate for you to keep the corpses up (if it even works like that, im a necronoob), you would be able to stack this degen at a value of 0.40 times per second at lvl 1 Scorching Ray. (0.35 at lvl 20 with + quality), which would be pretty insane yes? all alongside all the other skellies and zombies we have.

Am i in the wrong ballpark here or is there something to this? im definately going to find out! ill keep you updated.

Regards
Last edited by Yunojelly on Dec 4, 2016, 5:25:57 PM
I managed to change a few things, by dropping wrath and anger, concidering my friends could run them just as easily, my quest for a golembot came closer.

I specced out of blood magic, dropped anger & wrath, moved discipline and vitality to a bloodmagic setup in the same item (weapon, clayshaper instead of Ephemeral), thus also indirectly freeing up the elreon ring slot for another ring (help me out here for a good replacement).

I stopped reserving auras at around 180 mana left to be able to summon my golems.

At lvl 18 flame golems, a simple 4link setup with echo, gmp and fire pen, theyre able to wipe trash / rares and champions in a tier 10 map. Clearspeed aint that bad, charge around, cast flame golems (or cast convocation to strategically place gollies for beacon debuff) and then cast golems at your desired chosing, wait for mobs to die.

However, i still do not own an Anima Stone NOR do i own a 6l shavronnes or chayula's presence amulet (all of which i feel could take this idea MUCH further), therefore im resting on this idea for now.

Summed up:
Still able to run 10 auras, without enlightens, no bloodmagic, still LL (can lvl up clarity to be able to trigger the LL threshold), still tanky AF. This idea requires alot more work, currency and experience to really shine, but i lack the time, currency and experience to try anything more right now.

PS. Also tried SRS (potential here is HUGE aswell, just have mana issues, but those are easily sorted, bosses die quicker on a 4l than with the flame golems)
What do you think about using wither-Cwc-Spectres-Zombies-Inc aoe-Void manipulation or something along those lines?

Also how do you think katava's thirt would do paired with the set up above. Perhaps linked with stone golems, skeletons, zombies, and spectres. Would have to find a way to make wither cost 100 mana but is doable. I remember seeing a post where GGG said each time you spend 100 mana during a channel, kitava's can proc, not just the initial expenditure. However have heard it was bugged and not working so who knows if that is an option atm.
all the CWC ideas are very interesting but just so you know you will never get close to the damage potential of a 6-L spectre degen cloud.
Correct me if I am wrong. The only way to heal myself using this build is to use flask?
Last edited by Gambrix on Jan 3, 2017, 12:00:15 PM
I am currently running a similar build and I have 2 questions:

1. In high tier maps, which minion has higher life? The stone golem (with Empower and Primordial Might) or the spectre?

2. Does the increase chaos/dot damage nodes on the passive tree have effect on Beacon of Corruption? I tested, the increase AoE nodes have effect but not sure for the damage part.

If anyone can answer my questions, it is very appreciated =3
1) with all that applied I am not entirely sure but my guess is still spectres as they have 15k to 25k base life (before any modifiers) in red tier maps.

2) the only thing that works to boost damage is minion life and minion damage. The chaos and dot nodes are character specific and will not work for your minions.
"
Kartikdon wrote:
1) with all that applied I am not entirely sure but my guess is still spectres as they have 15k to 25k base life (before any modifiers) in red tier maps.

2) the only thing that works to boost damage is minion life and minion damage. The chaos and dot nodes are character specific and will not work for your minions.

Thanks for replying. Helped a lot =3

Personally I prefer using stone golem because the operation is simpler: if you keep the maximum golem to 1, by just clicking summon golem (with spell echo), you immedeately get 2 chaos cloud, 1 faraway and 1 always in front of you. It is easy to aim and efficient, especially during boss fight. But for cleaning up small minions, the spectres is faster since you dont have cast CD and you can use corpses everywhere. And with primordial might amd high level empower, the golem build is much more expensive. Damn, so difficult to make choice =/

Kind want to get "Growth and Decay" node but if the damage does not have effect then I have to pass =/
Last edited by aquCHAOS on Jan 8, 2017, 7:57:27 AM
Yo guys
An idea just popped in my mind, that any life-regen block necro can be easily transformed to BoC spetromancer:

Tree:
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAUAAPEzAAB2AZEB3AQHBLMFLQY5CTMLYQxfEJcRLRLhE2wUIBUgGbQaOBo-HKcc3CcvKPosnC2DLdIvzDWSOlg62DrhPC09D0GHRARFnUd-TLNNRk3jUEdTUlOlVcZfP2LsZU1o8mvbbzt07XfjeA15OXloeu98g3y7fRh-4oLHg1-DzIPbhNmE74Vgjr6PGpBVksGYrZrgogCi6qZXqW6qxKyYr2y18rc-uJO9Nr6nwBrBBMGCxYrGrsy80TbT-9i92sHfsOIs6dXr7uyK7w7wH_JF99f56P4K_o8GSWqs0B_v6zkLR4Wbir5P2V7-geyD048AAAAAAA==

With decent gear (2k+ armor shield) you can get 15-20k armor, 75/72-5ish block and with 6EC 80-90%ish phys reduction tooltip, 500+300+500hp (+-) regen hp/sec
You dont need any curses, and run Determination for 50%more armor.

I play very similar build with 4 spectres now, and I can facetank all guardians, and i wear Vis Mortis and Bones of Ullr - any of these are not necessary for BoC - so you can equip any life/armor chest for more protection (watch out for sockets though)

Weapon of use is Scourge for 70%inc minion dmg to counter some missin life/dmg nodes from the tree
Or you can drop some %life nodes and get them - if you get 200life from the chest and shoes.. maybe 6L Belly will fit nicely idk.

Point is, this base setup is basically immortal to all content till T16, so the only challenge is how to get some damage tools into it, and BoC fits nicely :)

Last edited by Velky_Kormidelnik on Feb 15, 2017, 4:55:29 AM
Idea has merit, Velky. I rolled this build up again in LHC and while getting a scourge to counter lack of investment into minion nodes is out of what I'd call "budget," your idea of using life-based block necro intrigues me. From my experience with the build last league I feel it's a bit short on damage for "easy" Shaper, though it came close. With the tree (and AoE) changes I've modified my links a bit - chains aoe no longer feels very good even with full investment, so I've dropped it in favor of ZO and vitality. The cwdt-bone offering-immo call-inc duration setup I hit upon for gloves was rolled earlier, and I've been using a normal chayula over a minion damage one to keep the STR high, enchanted with word of spite to get that critical on hit slow (gotta feel safe, yo). Saving 10 points from curse investment means you really fill the build out much earlier.

New Tree

New Gears
Spoiler

Using CWC Skeletons + Desecrate has sidestepped a lot of the need for cast speed, so I've substituted in an Ephemeral Edge for the extra ES. Obviously with ZO I've become much stronger against bleeds and burns, so I may forgo even the Leo rolls for Elreon's % ES, or custom craft some rings from scratch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info