Plaguemancer || Beacon of Corruption Degen || EZ Red Maps || Golems?!?!

I would like a CWDT set up but I don't know what I would give up. Vaal lightning trap is giving to much of a DPS boost vs bosses to want to drop. Maybe ill swap in a CWDT vs uber izaro or something.

edit: updated the guide to reflect my build changes. EB/MoM/ZO is just a huge QoL.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Oct 5, 2016, 7:04:38 PM
"
nicrnicr17 wrote:
"
Baronfuming wrote:
This is a really cool build. It seems like the most effective method to utilize Beacon of Corruption. I think Maligaro's Lens with necromantic aegis would be very useful due to the increased life, area of effect, and 2% of spectre life grated as regeneration would amount to quite a lot due to all of the extra scaling. That might actually be very powerful defensively.

I think you have a point. Would be nice to know how much life the spectre has because I don't think it is shown in the tooltip is it?

If you can boost them up to at least 20K life I think this is the best route you can go defensively.

Only thing would be your zombies would take that massive resist de-buff. Would think that would be solved by running purity of elements/jewels with minions resist or possibly not caring because if they die they spawn the cloud and you can easily resummons them. Would be nice to test though.

You can find a lot of map-specific monster statistics on poedb.

The very first iteration of this build I've seen ran Maligaro's but in this day and age, especially for HC, defense trumps all else. What's the point of playing a gear-independent skill (literally gear independent, since damage is scaled solely through monster HP and gems) if you can't focus the rest on defense?

On a 5-link, damage is not a problem for this build. Clear speed, flexibility and defenses are way more important. The shield slot is essential in making this build HC viable.
for me, personally, Bone Offering is worth it regardless of SC or HC.
BTW guys, unless you go up against CI, you really can't be beat in PvP... My first 1v1 rank... I feel it is a fitting position :)

Alright, so with CI based defenses using leo rings and mistress of sacrifice CWDT-inc duration - Bone Offering - Immo Call I've got stable (deathless) kills on all four guardians. Chim and Phe are by far the easiest for it (with inc dur in cwdt), with Mino and Hydra being arguably the most challenging. With some practice in SC (let's be real here) and careful map rolling this is probably viable in HC, too. Hexproof has been ripping all these maps for me, rest is conditional.

Some notes:

Mino - AoE and Movement reduction (temp, chilled ground) will rip you in this fight. Let your zombies fall and use your desecrates to keep corpses up for CWDT Bone Offering procs and to spread the clouds - you'll consistently recharge before he gets another good attack off unless he's hasted from map mods (hexproof, boss speed, etc). I'll swap out rarity for conc on this fight because he's fairly slow and will stand in the cloud. If his golems left corpses this would be way easier. No special requirements for flasks, but a rolled stibnite could potentially mess him up (I haven't rolled one with grounded yet). Once I stopped wasting corpses on zombies it was much easier to keep them ready for a nice long offering supported disengage, which is what you have to plan out in this fight.

Phe - AoE and Movement reduction will cost you portals in SC and a character in HC. -max is more or less irrelevant, he's gonna get -fire res on you and ignite you. One dousing flask is required, two will make it much safer. Resummon 1-3 (max if you're stable) zombies to keep him distracted while you cloud his summons. Keeping a corpse or two free so his hits will proc your offering will keep you in control. Conc is optional, he moves around enough that the choice is preference.

Chim - Movement speed reduction, boss speed. Carry two bleed flasks, it's the only way he has to threaten you. If he's not hasted you'll have little problem resummoning a full complement of zombies, which makes conc an option (I use rarity). The sequence for his cloud phases is to get a full desecrate down for a long offering, then quicksilver through the clouds to find him. with Sacrifice and duration this largely defangs him (without duration these phases were costing me several portals easy).

Hydra - Movement Speed reduction, boss speed. Quicksilver of heat and an aquamarine of heat are very, very, important for this fight. It's rather hard to explain, but there's safe zones around this boss where you want to stay close but not *QUITE* melee attack range. Avoiding the minions, the flying balls, and staying close but not too close is the trick. In HC I'd bounce the heck out (logout) if I lost charge on either the quick or the aquamarine at any point in time. The forking shot is the big damage dealer here and will either maul or kill you. With corpses free for offering (this fight is also a tricky balance between a few corpses for offering, a few corpses for spectre, and a few corpses for zombies), none of her other attacks threaten death on their own. They will, however, deal enough damage to kill you in combination with another source. More than any other guardian fight I'd practice this fight on SC before attempting on HC. Conc is largely not helpful here, as it's just too hard to keep her locked down, even with the aquamarine's chill.
Mind uploading a vid? I'm interested to see how the hydra fight plays out.
Yo all!sup? :))

regarding the BiS life chest - yesterday I rolled this on 3rd essence:

Its not perfect, but I run CoD-SE-MoS, so i dont need resists, plan to craft +1 zombies and probably +dex to remove passive. If only i could craft minion dmg.
Also must say the Clayshaper is awesome - run LG to help with cast speed/CG for boss fights.

Still need +40minion dmg/+2 gems/ +80 life helmet though :/

Also have to say, the build is really very easy to gear - i have all resists at 2 rings, belt and (ES) boots. The rest might be easily essence crafted, looking only for life - and hoping for ES.
everything else is just bonus :)))

Btw i noticed there is quite a lot of minion life+DoT jewells, are they useable ? - is the DoT of BoC affected by jewells ?
the only thing that boosts the cloud damage from beacon of corruption is Minion Life and Minion Damage.
I'll see about posting a vid when I get off work. At work, I play on a laptop - so I'm a bit sketched out about recording when some bossfights are already dropping me to 8fps. In terms of the positioning, I can best describe it as like a sweep or an inc aoe RF build radius - just close enough that you could attack her with frost blades. You ideally want the zombies to tank her barrages while you stand just far enough to the side to not be hit. With all the other things going on (her blink arrow repositioning, etc) this can be quite difficult, but it's consistently the safest place to dodge her forked arrows.

With the new primordial jewels this build just got way more interesting I think. This will be my 2.5 start of league project going golems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info