Hacked Accounts

"
mkmaddage wrote:
"
i really don't like being called a cheater just because my account was compromised, chris

You're not being called a cheater idiotbean. And now I'm calling you illiterate cos you can't read.

nice
"
FSM wrote:
"
BuDiu wrote:
"
FSM wrote:
I would just like to say that if I was a hacker on the mission to reap wealth and do it over an extended period, I wouldn't hit the wealthiest and more renown individuals. My goal would be to fly under the radar. I would take little here n there without causing a significant amount of loss on a per user basis. I would do this to minimize the chances of action being taken to stop me.

You see. Most hackers take PRIDE into this type of thing. SPECIALLY if they had access to the Devs accounts and big players like KRIPP. Those would be their first targets to send a ''message'' to the community.

There is no pride involved in Trojans, malware, and pw databases. So there is no point into showing off. If it was the game COMPROMISED and BREACHED, they would most likely want to show off by owning some of the big names / devs.

Boasting and revealing yourself is also a good way for your illegal activity to bite you in the arse.

Unless you're Kevin Mitnick..then you get hired as a security expert.

By hacking one account you are basically reveiling yourself JUST AS MUCH as hacking GGGs account. They are not BOASTING it and everything and thats exactly why i said this is more then likely NOT a security problem on the games side. Usually when hackers do this type of thing they do it to ruin the game and to fuck with peoples stuff. Mass hacking and this sort of scenario like in the D3 happening, is purely for profit ingame or to sell to 3rd party websites who sell ingame currency. Witch there are outthere already too.
"
Chris wrote:
We often have users write into support complaining about side effects of their maphacks, only to later report the same day that their items have been stolen. It is worth pointing out that these hack programs are bannable, and while we haven't yet done a banwave, the thousands of people who use them will lose their accounts due to it if they are still running them as we turn on our countermeasures.

Emergency Operator: "911 Emergency, This is Diana, please state your emergency?"

Victim: "These fucking police officers need to do their job. I was sitting in my own home, about to light my crack pipe and some mother fucker just came busting in and took all my blow."

Emergency Operator: "I apologize for your inconvenience and can assure you that the entirety of the police force is working to make Acmeville a better place everyday. I'll dispatch out an officer to do an investigation on the breaking and entering."

Victim:"Fuck you! You should refund me my coke because your cops aren't doing a good enough job!"
"
Elynole wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
We often have users write into support complaining about side effects of their maphacks, only to later report the same day that their items have been stolen. It is worth pointing out that these hack programs are bannable, and while we haven't yet done a banwave, the thousands of people who use them will lose their accounts due to it if they are still running them as we turn on our countermeasures.

Emergency Operator: "911 Emergency, This is Diana, please state your emergency?"

Victim: "These fucking police officers need to do their job. I was sitting in my own home, about to light my crack pipe and some mother fucker just came busting in and took all my blow."

Emergency Operator: "I apologize for your inconvenience and can assure you that the entirety of the police force is working to make Acmeville a better place everyday. I'll dispatch out an officer to do an investigation on the breaking and entering."

Victim:"Fuck you! You should refund me my coke because your cops aren't doing a good enough job!"

thank you for that I loled so hard , thats freaking great right there
"
kotsapl wrote:
Dont say me rich ppl dont get hacked i lost today like 20 exalted 80gcp 250 chaos + 100 + alchemy and some gear ...

support anwer was only about how i can avoid being hacked so annoying 15 years of gamming and never got hacked and You handle me like idiot ... so annoying im done with POE

only way i can got hacked its they got login from another games /mmo's well my bad then im leaving anyway bye bye and good luck

Bye Bye~

Oh, just because you've played games for 15 years does not mean you're not an idiot just how the older you are does not mean you're wiser than someone younger. There are pretty stupid old people no matter how many years of experience they have.
IGN: Xilfie
Chris, did you not say before that you track every item? Would it not be very simple to delete all of the items removed from the account, from the system, then restore them on the original account? I don't see the logic in not doing that, as it would be very easy to automate it, even somebody who hadn't been hacked could use it and nothing would change, the economy would remain the same. Besides, it's permanent leagues, the economy gets fucked up with time no matter what.

Also, the morons claiming Chris is condescending and just blaming them and saying GGG hasn't done nothing wrong, are hilarious. They are so stuck-up and ignorant, they deserve to be hacked tbh.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on Feb 20, 2013, 10:11:05 AM
"
Illyasviel wrote:
"
kotsapl wrote:
Dont say me rich ppl dont get hacked i lost today like 20 exalted 80gcp 250 chaos + 100 + alchemy and some gear ...

support anwer was only about how i can avoid being hacked so annoying 15 years of gamming and never got hacked and You handle me like idiot ... so annoying im done with POE

only way i can got hacked its they got login from another games /mmo's well my bad then im leaving anyway bye bye and good luck

Bye Bye~

Oh, just because you've played games for 15 years does not mean you're not an idiot just how the older you are does not mean you're wiser than someone younger. There are pretty stupid old people no matter how many years of experience they have.

well i know much enough

"Mommy always says dont click any links from strangers"
IGN KotsaPL
we are so totally screwed
"
kotsapl wrote:
"
Illyasviel wrote:
"
kotsapl wrote:

Bye Bye~

well i know much enough

"Mommy always says dont click any links from strangers"

You'd be shocked of how many people were never told that! I too got hacked and lost all good currency and they killed off one of my two characters (Lv34 with several good uniques) luckily they killed him and not my 81 so I'm really happy for that. It's sad that they even killed one because I don't play SC and only softcore characters I have are Lv1 who have not even killed hillock (Name holders).

I know I got hacked because of reused password (I still don't like the idea of using email as unique identifier for this reason), while it's easy to say to use a different password for each account it's really difficult if you've been playing games for a long time because, if you're like me, you've created about 100 accounts for different games and their fan sites and keeping a unique password for them would take some work. I hope their new system includes a temporary password which you get from smart phone or keychain.

Well, sorry to hear that you're leaving.
IGN: Xilfie
So many people got hacked today and its our fault? Sure...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info