Hacked Accounts

"
Chris wrote:

Within a week we expect to launch the account security improvements which would mean that even if you do have your password compromised, it's still hard for people to access your account. We may be able to deploy the first improvements that help with in the next 48 hours.

I wonder what it will be.
Some IP restriction? Maybe two factor authentication, say LinOTP?
I hope it won't lock me out, when I travel :-)
i really don't like being called a cheater just because my account was compromised, chris
well at least all my stuff still there ^.^

this totally feels like DEJAVU from the diablo3 community when there was that wave of people having their accounts compromised.

And just like that time, alot of people came screaming and crying that the Game was breached and it was not ''USERS'' fault. But in the end it was users fault and tons of the compromised accounts were from ''old'' Databases and FAN SITES.

This also makes me feel like that one time Mousepads maphack had a woopsie and mad people lost their D2 accounts for using it. LOLOLOLOL
I would just like to say that if I was a hacker on the mission to reap wealth and do it over an extended period, I wouldn't hit the wealthiest and more renown individuals. My goal would be to fly under the radar. I would take little here n there without causing a significant amount of loss on a per user basis. I would do this to minimize the chances of action being taken to stop me.

The idea is take x% of wealth from the same individual acquired over time rather than take everything once and get stopped there.

If I sneak in and take an alchemy orb once a week from 20 different individuals, those people will probably think they had used those alchemy orbs or weren't remembering correctly how many they actually had. I don't think people keep a checkbook of how many alchemy orbs they have.
FAQ: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
GGG Posttracker: http://www.gggtracker.com/
Last edited by FSM on Feb 20, 2013, 9:36:44 AM
funney tou mentions D# and the hackk , i waas also one of the onse hacked , & i possessed an authenicator while i was hacked , doing all the right things all the seurity offered & still hit. i just can't wait till the measures are live so i can begin rebuilding , i lost 6 uniques , but i didnt use my treasured unnique they missed it i was lucky
"
FSM wrote:
I would just like to say that if I was a hacker on the mission to reap wealth and do it over an extended period, I wouldn't hit the wealthiest and more renown individuals. My goal would be to fly under the radar. I would take little here n there without causing a significant amount of loss on a per user basis. I would do this to minimize the chances of action being taken to stop me.

You see. Most hackers take PRIDE into this type of thing. SPECIALLY if they had access to the Devs accounts and big players like KRIPP. Those would be their first targets to send a ''message'' to the community.

There is no pride involved in Trojans, malware, and pw databases. So there is no point into showing off. If it was the game COMPROMISED and BREACHED, they would most likely want to show off by owning some of the big names / devs.
"
BuDiu wrote:
"
FSM wrote:

You see. Most hackers take PRIDE into this type of thing. SPECIALLY if they had access to the Devs accounts and big players like KRIPP. Those would be their first targets to send a ''message'' to the community.

There is no pride involved in Trojans, malware, and pw databases. So there is no point into showing off. If it was the game COMPROMISED and BREACHED, they would most likely want to show off by owning some of the big names / devs.

Boasting and revealing yourself is also a good way for your illegal activity to bite you in the arse.

Unless you're Kevin Mitnick..then you get hired as a security expert.
FAQ: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
GGG Posttracker: http://www.gggtracker.com/
Last edited by FSM on Feb 20, 2013, 9:39:35 AM
"
TheHeffNerr wrote:
That "attitude" as you call it if from the lack of transparency and service. They have good transparency when it comes to game bugs, that's about it. GGG isn't known for anything but PoE. Saying they are known for transparency and listening to the community is just dumb.

This is characteristic of your general approach - everything you don't agree with is just 'dumb' - no explanation, logic or meaning. I'm sure this is why most people aren't even bothering to comment (yes, I'm the only angry troll who looks for a fight - until I discover there's no logical comeback or salient thought-pattern to put me in my place so I wander off somewhere else). Saying GGG are known for transparency and an open-ear to the community is not "dumb", it's what is being said. Have you even read a single post on this forum? Argue with it all you like but - wait, no, you don't argue - you just say it's "dumb". Way to make your point - if the point is that YOU are, in fact, "dumb".

"
TheHeffNerr wrote:
It will not crash the game's economy and have given 2 examples of games that have not had the games economy crushed just because of dupes. I've said 2 games where I have experienced in playing when it comes to HACKED items. I've played many RPG / ARPG games but have never dealt with any sort of hacked items that have gone on.

You've proven with statements like this that you aren't thinking rationally and are lacking in basic knowledge of... well, it seems like pretty much anything. You say PoE's economy won't crash because WoW's and whatever's don't - absolute idiocy. That's like saying "my Nissan Maxima won't seize up if I pour diesel in the tank because my uncle's truck and my granddaddy's tractor work fine with it!" DIFFERENT GAMES, son - comparisons are apples to oranges.

And what's with the "they owe me, paying customer, blah", etc. Read the Terms of Service son! Read them! You are owed NOTHING that you don't already have. You have access to 'rent' the digital data from GGG's servers in whatever form it comes to you - you don't have ANY rights to dictate how that digital game data should be managed or presented to you. Even paying games have the same position. Never actually properly read or understood a Terms of Service have you chum?

"
TheHeffNerr wrote:
GGG is the only company that has treated me this badly ever. I've never had any company in any where treat me like I'm just a fly on the wall they want to swat with a newspaper.

Then you're obviously in your early teens at best and you've never dealt with any company in your life before. You're bleeding emotion all over the page, kid - GGG haven't done anything to you; you're so upset that you've lost grip on reality. And the fly on the wall bit - lol - almost cried myself, I was so overcome by your desperate whining need to be acknowledged.

You say you're tired - probably explains it then. Partially. (The other part, in case you didn't get it, is that you're just a f($#en idiot.)
IGN: ScrubcoreRulezBitch
Alt: HardcorePwnsScrubcore
Last edited by mkmaddage on Feb 20, 2013, 9:41:42 AM
"
i really don't like being called a cheater just because my account was compromised, chris

You're not being called a cheater idiotbean. And now I'm calling you illiterate cos you can't read.
IGN: ScrubcoreRulezBitch
Alt: HardcorePwnsScrubcore
Dont say me rich ppl dont get hacked i lost today like 20 exalted 80gcp 250 chaos + 100 + alchemy and some gear ...

support anwer was only about how i can avoid being hacked so annoying 15 years of gamming and never got hacked and You handle me like idiot ... so annoying im done with POE

only way i can got hacked its they got login from another games /mmo's well my bad then im leaving anyway bye bye and good luck

IGN KotsaPL
Last edited by kotsapl on Feb 20, 2013, 9:48:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info