Why is reflect still in the game?

"
Oh man I don't complain about reflect anymore cuz you know I went to another anti reflect build whew nice mechanics nice fucking mechanics.

LOL!

Well, yeah, I guess there is no point. Can't talk reason to stupid. Oh well.
Like I'm baffled why some of you even enjoy this reflect bullshit at least make it so turn it on and turn off.

Thankfully I don't worry about this shit anymore but I do wanna play my vortex build WITHOUT DYING TO MYSELF.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Even though I can deal with reflect, I won't waste my time, there's no point at all, just reroll and move along.

Meanwhile, another build of mine can ignore it entirely.

Pretty amazing mechanic, huh.
Just watched HCNT Podcast and the talk about reflect ... I do get the argument that we need something to hinder glasscannons, but why do people think reflect is the ONLY way to do that ? I don't get it...

Sudden leap slamming frogs, hooks that pull you close, vaal glacial hammers, bear traps, flicker, etc, etc .. It's not like we don't have tools that would force you to invest into defenses, they are just not fully utilized. There are also ways to make sure that monsters using those things can't always be one-shotted off screen. Hint: proximity shields. I mean if you really try you can come up with 9000 other ideas. It's not that hard.

All reflect does right now is limiting build diversity - first and foremost those phys builds that happen to want to utilize evasion as defense. Or you just play miner, trapper, summoner, totemmancer, chaos damage ..... It's pointless and stupid.
"
dyneol wrote:
Just watched HCNT Podcast and the talk about reflect ... I do get the argument that we need something to hinder glasscannons, but why do people think reflect is the ONLY way to do that ? I don't get it...

The thing is, reflect and being tanky or a glass cannon has nothing to do with each other.

For reflect rares all it takes is leech + VP for most builds and you are fine.
For reflect maps all it takes is a chaos orb to reroll the map...

There is no counter play to a reflect map, if you are crit elemental build no number of "tankiness" will help you run an ele reflect map.
"
CoronaLVR wrote:
"
dyneol wrote:

The thing is, reflect and being tanky or a glass cannon has nothing to do with each other.

There is no counter play to a reflect map, if you are crit elemental build no number of "tankiness" will help you run an ele reflect map.

It's not even that.

You can pop a elemental flask + wear purity area of your element AND ring the elemental resist ring.

And you can still die to reflect.

Either your build can handle it or it doesn't, there's reason why Elementalist is the most popular character for elemental based builds. 50% reflect reduction helps you far better than any marginal amount of damage most other ascends will give you.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Sep 25, 2016, 5:08:09 AM
imo relfect is way to strong and it prevents many builds especialy pure ele or pure phys builds. example: build a cleave build (beserker) with the starforge (cant do elemental so im pure phys) have 7k life ~11k armor 140k dps. oneshot myself on a relfect monster...
so ur forced to play a elementalist for pure ele dmg builds or slayer for pure phys builds AND go vaal pact in most of the times or u will always die do relfect...thats just bs
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
Last edited by guggelhupf on Sep 25, 2016, 5:32:28 AM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
i miss old reflect auras

No you don't. ^^ We all hated the old version but it's funny that the new reflect is still challenging for some builds.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
CoronaLVR wrote:
"
dyneol wrote:

Meh, will just leave this here then.

http://plays.tv/s/KyQYbMe_tnv5
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Feels good to have a immune reflect build now.

Yep
Yep

...STUPID FUCKING MECHANIC
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Sep 25, 2016, 5:56:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info