PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Why is reflect still in the game?

"
"
CoronaLVR wrote:
"
dyneol wrote:
Just watched HCNT Podcast and the talk about reflect ... I do get the argument that we need something to hinder glasscannons, but why do people think reflect is the ONLY way to do that ? I don't get it...

The thing is, reflect and being tanky or a glass cannon has nothing to do with each other.

For reflect rares all it takes is leech + VP for most builds and you are fine.
For reflect maps all it takes is a chaos orb to reroll the map...

There is no counter play to a reflect map, if you are crit elemental build no number of "tankiness" will help you run an ele reflect map.

Meh, will just leave this here then.

http://plays.tv/s/KyQYbMe_tnv5

So you linked a video of a crit archer with 8.4k HP playing a pathfinder with infinite high end defensive flasks and playing a dodge based character so he dodges half of more of the reflect with his current level of gear.

Also as VP + leech.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Sep 25, 2016, 3:13:31 PM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
I don't know how the guys with mirror weapons cope. Do they only take defensive nodes on the tree and skip all damage nodes?

I just made a Kinetic Blast build for the first time to use the new flask. I one shot myself sometimes with just a 250pdps wand even with instant leech (Legacy Vinktar and Vaal Pact just in case). The only damage nodes I've taken on the tree are portions of the the three wand clusters nodes plus some crit/crit multi. My sources of leech which are always up:

Weapon:

About 50% of my damage is lightning. So don't know how those mirror weapon guys do it. If I have to sacrifice a gem slot in my 6L for Life Leech with a mirror weapon, then what is the point? Might as well just use a lesser damage weapon and not use the Life Leech gem. Damage will end up quite close and I save +200ex.

Full setup:

Show off.
We need more elementalists, that's why!
We're all just walkin' through this darkness on our own.
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
So you linked a video of a crit archer with 8.4k HP playing a pathfinder with infinite high end defensive flasks and playing a dodge based character so he dodges half of more of the reflect with his current level of gear.

Also as VP + leech.

Was just addressing the comments made.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Sep 25, 2016, 4:58:57 PM
So this thread is basically "Help I do too much damage and don't know how to change it"?
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
"
Timewar9 wrote:
So this thread is basically "Help I do too much damage and don't know how to change it"?

Not if you actually try to read.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"

Meh, will just leave this here then.

http://plays.tv/s/KyQYbMe_tnv5

Also as VP + leech.

I use the same set of flasks with Pathfinder and Kinetic Blast but elemental reflect sometimes wrecks me in one shot. I'm only at 300k dps tooltip with all flasks and Vaal Haste up. My weapon is average too so why strive to improve it if I'm only going to die more often against reflect. Still busy testing this build and fine-tuning but I don't see myself making a character to level up to lvl100 with such a build that will die so often. Kind of puts me off the game because after CoC and Mjolner nerfs, most of the normal type skills/builds feel bland and the cool fun stuff dies to reflect.

Something GGG could do is keep reflect as is except just make it impossible to one shot yourself with it from full life. Make the damage taken be a maximum of 99% of your effective hp. So if you can't leech back to full hp in the same hit, you'll still die on the next hit. This gets rid of the one shot death for some builds where the only way to counter it is to lower damage or get more life/ES.

Yeah the tornado shot character is many smaller hits split up so with dodge he can't straight up one shot himself, and smaller hits are much easier to mitigate than one big hit (like your KB character?)

You will have to respect to elemenetalist just for the 50% reflect reduction or try that 30% reflect reduction ring and change out your facebreakers to have resists instead.

Only other option is to run 21 + empower purity for res cap.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Sep 26, 2016, 12:01:45 AM
"
Feels good to have a immune reflect build now.

Yep
Yep

...STUPID FUCKING MECHANIC

But... can you leech? :D

Reflect is annoying, but so are many more that can actually kill you. :D
Not communicating reflect well enough is a biggest problem. :V
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Sep 26, 2016, 1:44:30 AM
"
Perq wrote:
"

Yep
Yep

Yeah my build can do everything now however if I was obviously another build I'd be pretty like straight up mad.com

Thankfully switched to something that can do everything and everyone.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
Perq wrote:
"

Yep
Yep

Yeah my build can do everything now however if I was obviously another build I'd be pretty like straight up mad.com

Thankfully switched to something that can do everything and everyone.

I must be masochist, but I enjoying having to pay attention. :D
My build is especially vulnerable to reflect, because I'm doing pure fire damage and have RT, meaning I'm doing shitton of reflect to myself. Gotta admit I killed myself plenty of times because Essence rares only show their mods when you activate them, and I'm usually keep forgetting about that, essentially bursting myself with 2 shots. XD
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info