Why is reflect still in the game?

Yeah I am never ever rolling a build well core char that can't do reflect.

Ever.

Was such a bad idea holy fucking shit was a bad mechanic like it's so fucking bad even D3's reflect is better and grimdawns.

Outdated pile of dick.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Sep 26, 2016, 2:30:29 AM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

If you didn't know, not all builds deal damage the same way. Some hit harder but slower. Others fast but with less damage. Both end up with similar clear speed and dps but the build that hits hard and slow gets hampered by reflect whilst the other just doesn't need to care about reflect.

And that is completely fine because when it comes to lightning thornes is 100% the other way around!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
The difference is lightning thorns is only on a few bosses and you know exactly where they are. Reflect is random and everywhere.

True but unless you kill shit offscreen you know exactly where the reflect mobs are too and if it is a map affix you can just reroll the map.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
The difference is lightning thorns is only on a few bosses and you know exactly where they are. Reflect is random and everywhere.

True but unless you kill shit offscreen you know exactly where the reflect mobs are too and if it is a map affix you can just reroll the map.

Killing shit offscreen is obvously part of the game, as GGG introduced skills that just do that casually. Punishing us for using those skills is pretty fucking retarded.
"
dyneol wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

Killing shit offscreen is obvously part of the game, as GGG introduced skills that just do that casually. Punishing us for using those skills is pretty fucking retarded.

Offscreening is retarded and don't get me wrong I don't say it's the players fault using it it's completely bullshit design wise. And that goes for both directions neither players nor monsters should be able to do that offscreen bullshit. There is no need to "fix" reflect, they should fix that offscreen bullshit!
"
666lol666 wrote:
Offscreening is retarded and don't get me wrong I don't say it's the players fault using it it's completely bullshit design wise. And that goes for both directions neither players nor monsters should be able to do that offscreen bullshit. There is no need to "fix" reflect, they should fix that offscreen bullshit!

Why exactly is that bullshit ? How would you fix that exactly ? What about chain and over 9000 skills that have the potential to do that - even novas with enough inc AoE. Do you just want to cut off any damage at the edge of the screen ? Stupid lazy boring way of balancing imho.

Again... There are tools to deal with these sort of things, to pose a challenge to ranged DPS. Leap slam, Flicker, Hooks, Far shots, etc and things that can hinder kiting like Vaal Glacial Hammer, Bear Trap... Those tools just aren't utilized to the extend they could be and or are simply to weak (e.g. their range). Combine that stuff with proximity shields and you have actual mechanics that can be outplayed and not just build barriers. Use something called creativity and you'll see you can come up with all sorts of similar solutions that can be added to the mix. Flicker-on-hit anyone ? ;)

By the way the strongest FOTM build right now cannot off-screen anything, yet simply deletes any end game content with ease.
Last edited by dyneol on Sep 26, 2016, 11:08:12 PM
You could fix offscreening by not allowing it to bypass the limits of a max screen, personally i think it would be great if we could zoom out more. Quite a few bosses do one shot dmg from off the screen which makes dodging it ridiculous.
Chain pierce etc already have a lot of advantages so if the max size of a screen was increased that would be fine imo.
"
Fhark wrote:
You could fix offscreening by not allowing it to bypass the limits of a max screen, personally i think it would be great if we could zoom out more. Quite a few bosses do one shot dmg from off the screen which makes dodging it ridiculous.
Chain pierce etc already have a lot of advantages so if the max size of a screen was increased that would be fine imo.

That is exactly how I would like it too.
You guys still didn't explain why you deem off-screening a bad thing and why another bandaid fix would be better than improving monster AI and mechanics.
I'm either super unlucky or they vastly increased the chances of rolling reflect on maps now

It seems 1 out of 4 maps I alc will have phys reflect on it and I'm only do phys builds this league :(((

This is making me really sad
S L O W E R

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info