Atlas Map Drop Improvements

"
Chris wrote:
Today, with a serverside hotfix, the following changes will be made

is this still scheduled for 'today', since it's now 7pm in NZ?
don't intend to sound too impatient, but i've been holding off on doing my zana daily until the hotfix is deployed

edit: hotfix was deployed the same minute i posted this. you're welcome, everyone. :)

edit2: apparently all she offers still is tower maps. okay..
Last edited by haste on Sep 6, 2016, 3:16:22 AM
Ran yesterday Strand map and thought: "so good to have atleast one strand map" - 86lvl - 30hours of mapping and can't get t8-t9 map pull, t6-t7 dont give enough exp anymore, first twelve hours of mapping was like - let's run phantasmagoria to drop phantasmagoria and to find zana to open phantasmagoria with phantasmagoria map drop, and now 1st strand map that was crafted from Dune selling. Low tier progression boring and shitty because of slooooooow progression. Though out of 3 friends one didn't have issues with low-tier map drop and runs t12 maps already. You're strong enough to run t11+ maps but can't

Atlas restriction of maps drop available to loot working soooo good, you can't jump over one tier from boss +2tier maps, because you need to open some +2tier maps before it can be dropped. That's good for slooooowing progression. If you have friends and you mapping solo, just invite one another on maps to kill boss only - this will make atlas progression MUCH faster, you'll want to buy/run always 1 map of +2tier of your highest tier to make +2tier drop work.

And now i'm planning to just farm uber-lab, because its tier higher than tier of my maps pull. Maybe Zana will make low-tier progression much easier, don't know.

I like new maps just don't like progression pace.
Nice surprise when i logged in and Zana had other maps than that damn ghetto for sale :D
"
habbey wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
not liking the Lab chest change

while trading can bypass entire map progression it can do it only when someone else did it before. with Lab droping T10+ maps on day 1 means that the entire 'explore the atlas to progress' is a joke for idiots

instead of playing the game as advertised the way to do it is:
a) create a lab farming jugg
b) farm 3+ key runs, get lots of otherwise unobtainable maps
c) sell and be filthy rich OR:
d) spam them and leave others in the dust

the entire Atlas mechanics, lore, progression speed bump etc - all irrelevant because it can be simply bypassed. not a great game design.

for a game that promotes itself as being diverse having one way of playing the game that is CLEARLY superior to other options is pretty lame.

Yup, the uber lab change really ruins exploring the atlas and the map economy entirely. It's a really, really bad change.

I agree completely, the lab change completely bypasses the otherwise good Atlas mechanics.
"
Wilde79 wrote:
"
habbey wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

while trading can bypass entire map progression it can do it only when someone else did it before. with Lab droping T10+ maps on day 1 means that the entire 'explore the atlas to progress' is a joke for idiots

the entire Atlas mechanics, lore, progression speed bump etc - all irrelevant because it can be simply bypassed. not a great game design.

for a game that promotes itself as being diverse having one way of playing the game that is CLEARLY superior to other options is pretty lame.

Yup, the uber lab change really ruins exploring the atlas and the map economy entirely. It's a really, really bad change.

I agree completely, the lab change completely bypasses the otherwise good Atlas mechanics.

How about you don't give a shit of what others do hm?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
How about you don't give a shit of what others do hm?

you claiming to be the "winner of trade" essentially means you're caring alot about competition in this game.

i wouldn't throw stones being in a glass house..
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
sidtherat wrote:

I agree completely!
Map drop rates just got Heavy striked! It's a buff.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
The Uber Labyrinth map chest will be able to drop maps that you haven't completed.

this is NOT a good change.
I agree that the Uber Lab change to drop maps you haven't unlocked is not a good move. Uber already drops a ton of goodies, it doesnt need to be the best option for everything.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info