Atlas Map Drop Improvements

"
Chris wrote:
We're really glad that you've been enjoying Atlas of Worlds so far. We've gone through feedback and wanted to respond quickly and transparently about some changes we're making related to map progression.

Today, with a serverside hotfix, the following changes will be made:
  • Overall map drop rates will be increased slightly (around 5%). This is intended to ease the map pressure that some users are feeling in lower tiers.
  • Cartographer's Sextants will drop more often. They were too rare.
  • Zana's Sell Window will now sell you maps you haven't completed. It's like you got them in trade from another player.

We also have a larger 2.4.0c patch lined up for tomorrow with many bug fixes and improvements. Specifically, the map changes planned for that one are:
  • If a Zana mission grants you access to a map that is a higher tier than normal, then it's treated as connected to a random map of that new tier rather than being capped at dropping lower maps.
  • The Uber Labyrinth map chest will be able to drop maps that you haven't completed.

Thanks for the continued feedback, and best of luck exploring the Atlas!

Love changes, but 5% is hardly enough. It's misersble number in this scenario actually. And Lab change is terrible idea. In Atlas it was pointless to farm maps already - yet you make situation even worse.

Allow Cartographer's Chest to drop uncompleted map, not the fricking Lab.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Sep 6, 2016, 6:56:45 AM
Why on earth are people complaining about Uber Lab map drops??
I've run about 10 maps and I have yet to even find a trial of ascendancy. It took me around 100-150 map runs to even unlock Uber Lab last league. I had already progressed to the higher tier maps at that point.

Oh you're using others to get trials and unlock lab? Then why do you care that it skips maps and makes your progression quicker?
God damn I love this game.

Even though there are small features I wished would change.

Most recently: Specifically being able to search by name on the atlas or select a tier to highlight all atlas spots of that tier.

Call me a contrarian but for a change I found the map drops normal.
Censored.
"
Chris wrote:

Cartographer's Sextants will drop more often. They were too rare

I'm level 86 and I dropped one Carto sextant ( white ).

I dropped also one exalted orb and one divine orb.

For now, the drop rate of cartographer's sextants to me is the same of divine and exalted orbs.
(what?)

Yes, very very rare. I hope you fixed it. ;)
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Sep 6, 2016, 4:11:26 PM
i found 5 or 6 sextants and 2 ex so they isn't so rare but all them are crappy :(

nice for map drops, maybe now can found some t16 to try the new content :)
still ggg is trying to ge tpeople to run the lab by adding more treasure at the end... :(
there should be some limits to that chest..uber lab is 75 so thats T8. => limit should not be above t9 or so.
have finally gotten used to the lab... I dont hate it anymore.:)
Still waiting for 2.4.0C .....
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

"
Cartographer's Sextants will drop more often. They were too rare.

They still are :(
Don't know where to type my opinion so I will leave it here.
After 2 days of brainless grind i still stuck at tier 6-8 maps. They just don't drop tier higher often enough. All I do is channeling maps and hope for next tier drop. What worse is to increase my map droprate I STILL need go back to t2-3 to find remaining t3-t5 that i missed. Other option guess is just buy maps from players, but that shouldn't be requirement for progressing in atlas. I tried to trade 3 T8 Pier map for some T9 map and you know what I got??? Tier 8 Atoll. What a point of vendoring 3 t8 maps for another t8???

Shapers orb was a nice idea... at least I hoped. But after upgraded few t1-t3 maps most of remaining Shapers orb was in Unic maps... Olmec, poorjoy, death and taxes, vaal temple (not unic but still really hard to get). Am I supposed to play only Temple map to get Poorjoy? Unic map drop is unreliable and gating shapers orb in unic map seems really unfair. And yeah if you got shapers orb, you forced to use it otherwise it will be in your inventory forever.

It only seems good idea to fill atlas for increased more map drops. It make progress in the start really slow and players with filled atlas can make a lot of money just by selling maps. Isn't it backwards? Wasn't atlas purpose to make maps more accessible? Instead maps now MUCH harder to get than in previous leagues and gated with placement requirement.

I didn't test sextant too much, because they droprate was abysmal before patch. Used only a few. Why it's only 3 uses and not 5 as it was shown in previews? Got effect "Strongboxes are mirrored". Completed map - 0 strongboxes as expected. I guess you need to create stronboxes yourself, but don't have "Ambush" unlocked yet. Othertime got 10% inc phys taken +20% iiq.. it's nice, but pretty irrelevant most of the time.

Scariest part - atlas isn't league mechanic, it's core game part that will be forever. Each league you will need to complete 100 (sic!) different maps to unlock +2 tier map drops... That was allowed before this patch from the start. This game is already really grindy but this is become ridiculous, grind masters to lvl 8, complete same content for 3 times, complete trials on each difficulty and now you need to fill atlas each league. Isn't it too much???

PS Didn't expect this comment be so long and angry. Sorry for my bad english.. too sleepy. Goodnight.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info