The Carnage Mystery Box

Pretty happy with this box so far.

The last one had those fireworks. What the heck am i supposed to do with 80+ fireworks?
Good decision to add skin transfers.

Got a lot of things i wanted and even more stuff i'm very pleased with now that i have them.

Grabby Hands Pet ftw!

Edit: And for those who don't know why you would buy boxes, because almost all those things are insanely cheap for 25 points. Even 5 Skin transfers are below their usual price. It's a good deal if you're ok with averything in the box.
Fireworks are bullsh** tho.
Last edited by Scherge on Sep 4, 2016, 2:08:33 PM
nvm.
Last edited by Schiriki on Sep 4, 2016, 8:41:35 PM
woooohooo!

I did not yet viewed the video... but just by reading the new MTXs I got orgasm ]:>

hell yeah!

♥ GGG ♥
Playing for joy ♥

If interested, check out my Hideout(s): /view-thread/2226019
nvm.
Last edited by Schiriki on Sep 4, 2016, 9:28:34 PM
best box yet!

i love the gore armor

Spoiler
carnage wings & Gore portal in first 3 boxes :D
"
I learned my lesson.

Fuck that.

+1
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Held off from these boxes since after the first one, and it seems I'll just keep doing so since nothing seems to be improving the faults of them.

I'll just wait until the effects and stuff go out in the store since it will, ultimately, be for my better sake rather than gamble too many points out and have buyer's remorse.
No thanks. Tried my luck on Mystery Box, and got 5 same gloves and ton of skin transfer...

We have a RNG game, now RNG MTX, what next? RNG pack: great you've got Minotaur Supporter pack for $500.. While lucky guys are posting on reddit their lucky Phoenix Supporter pack for $10.

Or RNG points in pack, you purchased the Phoenix Supporter pack, but only got 100 points... sad... try again buying another $440 pack...

But thank you for your support :)

Seriously GGG, I really enjoy your game, and happy to support you, but I want to buy MTX I want, not a RNG box that give me MTX I don't want!
Note: After reading this over, and due to the lack of tone available in the current state of message board posting, I decided that I wanted to open with a small statement. I am not upset at the results of my mystery boxes. I had hoped to get Carnage Wings because I think they look amazing, however I'm content to know I can just purchase them sometime around the new year. My post is intended to show data to the consumers, and to give a suggestion to Grinding Gear Games.

Good evening! I had the opportunity to open some of the new mystery boxes tonight and I wanted to share my experience and statistics with everyone. The points I had from the most recent supporter pack were staring me in the face and asking, pleading, and begging to be used. Who was I to deny them.

In total I opened 165 boxes.

Spoiler

0x Carnage Wings
0x Vampiric Wings
3x Carnage Shield Skin
5x Carnage Weapon Effect
3x Carnage Body Armour
13x Carnage Gloves Skin
1x Carnage Helmet Skin
9x Carnage Boots Skin
2x Gore Portal
5x Grasping Hands Pet
1x Boar Hood Helmet Skin
0x Stag Hood Helmet Skin
1x Bear Hood Helmet Skin
4x Reaper Spectral Throw

0x Tentacle Wings
1x Gore Body Armour
5x Gore Gloves Skin
4x Gore Helmet Skin
4x Gore Boots Skin
2x Gore Weta Pet
6x Vampiric Weapon Effect
2x Gore Skull Helmet Skin
3x Gore Footprints Effect
3x Vampiric Footprints Effect
2x Extra Gore Weapon Effect
7x Blood Worm Pet
0x Demon Hand Cleave Skill Effect
0x Demonic Reave Effect Skill Effect
1x Demonic Split Arrow Skill Effect
3x Demonic Flameblast Flameblast Skill Effect
3x Demonic Blade Vortex Skill Effect
2x Gore Earthquake Skill Effect
1x Gore Sunder Skill Effect
1x Gore Lightning Arrow Skill Effect
6x Sawblade Cyclone Skill Effect
3x Gore Glacial Cascade Skill Effect
5x Crimson Weapon Effect
20x Sacrifical Shrine Hideout Decoration
34x Skin Transfer x5

Total Boxes = 165

My goal when I started ripping through the boxes was to complete a Carnage set, and hopefully get the Carnage wings. If both of those things happened I was content to stop, if they did not I was also content to "blow my stack" as it were. I did not own some of the items that were previously released and was almost out of skin transfers.

No wings were to be found. Random number generators do things like that, no surprise. It did however put the idea in my head that Grinding Gear may want to look at the game Granblue Fantasy for some inspiration if they're going to continue down the Mystery Box road.

Granblue Fantasy has a gacha system akin to many other freemium games. The main difference is they award you a "spark" with every random pull of the gacha. Once you reach a certain amount of sparks you can purchase an item of your choice that normally only comes out of the machine. If you don't reach the number of sparks to get the item during the current rotation then the sparks convert back to a currency.

I like their system. It stops the bad feelings from someone spending hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars looking for something specific and failing.

I feel something similar could be very beneficial for the Mystery Box system here. My suggestion would be 100 boxes. If you purchase 100 boxes you would collect enough points to pick 1 item from the list of new items in the box, if you didn't make it to 100 then the box points would revert 1 to 1 back to normal points. It could help people complete that last piece they need for the Carnage set, or get those wings they wanted, or even make themselves look more like a bear. On top of that it gives a customer a plateau to hit to guarantee themselves whatever the shiny new toy is, which I imagine would give a larger portion of the customer base reasons to support the company with Box purchases.

Thanks for reading!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info