[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

"
Nedieth wrote:
The problem with going LL is that it reqs a full 3L extra. This means you need to drop something, most likely the movement skill or parts of the contagion link somehow. Shaper can be a bit risky with my current setup, as well as guardians with damage mods. To be honest I find it very hard to justify going LL atm, especially considering the cost. For a LL character, I would most likely reroll Occultist and go pure Blight.

Have you seen that Death's Oath/Blight build? It's kinda like RF/SR, I was thinking about trying that idea with a Trickster since I love playing Shadow
Yeah, it seems pretty sweet. Should be quite strong as Trickster as well. It is not for me though, as I love to be able to fight at all ranges with the same character. stuff like Death's Oath + Blight or Blade Vortex just doesn't work for me in the long run.
Hi , not sure if I just missed it , but you mentioned for self casting blight you replace CWDT set up? So what support gems are you linking to blight on alleopathy gloves then? This is super important for me as I literally melt mobs on all maps but bosses I either get destroyed or it takes me forever to drop them. Thanks in advance!
Sorry I forgot to ask in my post above in regards to self cast blight on alleopathy. Does the gem set up have to be on the gloves or can I do it on another piece of equipement( possible noob question)
Are you running any unique jewels or just ones focusing mana/life and chaos damage?
Last edited by TheTroutMan on Sep 27, 2017, 12:17:58 PM
@Danny, the gloves themselves grant Blight, so you just fit 4 supports into it. For maximum DPS you use Controlled Destruction, Swift Affliction, Void Manipulation and Efficacy. You can also swap out Swift Affliction if you want to be able to move more while still maintaining good DPS (not sure how well that would work out in practice though).

There are lots of different ways to do the Allelopathy link, but I prefer the one for max DPS at least.

@TheTroutMan, for the core build, I just use rare jewels. If you opt to run without a blasphemy, you can use Clear Mind. If Allelopathy is something you want for single target DPS, you should get 2x Spreading Rot.

Edit: Spell damage while holding a shield is actually the best damage mod on jewels for this build, as it has the highest roll potential. after that, just get some spell damage, damage over time, damage or chaos damage.
Last edited by Nedieth on Sep 27, 2017, 1:35:28 PM
thanks a lot for the quick reply this is my first essence drain build and im liking the playstyle great build guide!
Are you using biscos? Kinda feels mandatory this league :(
I am not using Bisco's myself. This character is made as a league starter that can clear all content and run uber lab like a champ. For this purpose, I see no reason to drop the amulet slot. It's not like lab chests or Shaper gives more loot with it. If you love the ED playstyle so much that you want to farm shaped spider forest all day long, you should slot in a Bisco's. I'd rather make some wander that can run the maps twice as fast if I was considering the amulet.

The core build can easily fit Bisco's, but I'd rather get the 3-400 EHP and utility my other ammy has for HC play.
"
Nedieth wrote:
I am not using Bisco's myself. This character is made as a league starter that can clear all content and run uber lab like a champ.

Did you ever potentially make a CI guide for this build? or do you not think CI is HC viable?

I'd love to try a CI version, but it seems so few people have active guides for it ;P you seem active on your ED character =)

Cheers for reading!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info