[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

Regarding gem priorities. Is it a requirement that an Empower Support (Level 4) be used in order to be a Shaper viable build? As it is, the Empower Support (Level 4) gem is very, very expensive. I don't have that kind of currency.
For single target, Pierce is better in all situations. Empower 4 is only better than Pierce for AoE at the moment, so most players are opting for a GGGGBB 6L these days.
Thanks for the information.
Hi there ! Im quiet interested in HP based Trickster with MoM, any advices about that? And what gems will you use considering new Decay support.
I am currently considering this as well. The tree will end up being quite similar to the old ES/life hybrid tree, currently looking at something like this:

https://poeplanner.com/AAgAANcACCYAAGiw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUu00cgMdoK1SOtjES82PZ2qbIxirCsKXfIOSLcwFAkTbSaIEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_6XECHy6ebdZ7PFX_GkydsCyL0bRkI9GpDvOqX9JeVTLPQH-_rRX4OXGr6BAfr5F8qg9tVxjpYLJwRLXyD6-6FMpctSU-8qprgRZ1TUjLRRUfAZgSzogDwH2jyHNyPGriTKPqCx_noQYe3Pv4K2L3yRTrhplc1kv6PTeNodNpiGFYJIKOjiw5auZFHgLM8tto7AAAAAAA=

This is a very open baseline for a level 70ish tree. You probably want some more damage than what is taken here, and the witch spell damage and Corruption are a few good options. Other than that you can just get more mana/cast speed/regen/AoE whatever you pref.

The gem setup with current balance will be something along the lines of this:

ED > Decay > Efficacy > Void Manipulation > Controlled Destruction > Rapid decay

One of the problems with the MoM setup is that we used to have a very strong setup towards melee enemies with our double blasphemy. As MoM you don't want to reserve as much or any mana at all, so you might need to come up with alternative ways to curse. In the beta I have been using a Blasphemy Temp. Chains, but something like a CWDT > blade vortex > Curse on Hit > [Curse] is also an option.

I will miss CI like crazy, and still probably try to do it, but we have a lot of stuff to figure out with how to stay alive as ED in 3.0.
I seem to be lacking in damage by a huge margin. Could anyone give me any tips?
"

1. Your Essence Drain is level 14, with no quality

2. You miss the ED enchantment on Hubris (40% increased ED damage)

3. Some of your ED supports are low level with no quality

4. No spell damage on shield

5. No witchfire brew

6. Wrong pathing in the Shadow area of the passive tree, you took the attack speed nodes instead of the chaos damage ones, plus you still miss Sniper which is a strong damage point

7. Pretty terrible jewels

8. No quality on Wither

You have a lot of room for improvements! :)
"
djnat wrote:
"

1. Your Essence Drain is level 14, with no quality

2. You miss the ED enchantment on Hubris (40% increased ED damage)

3. Some of your ED supports are low level with no quality

4. No spell damage on shield

5. No witchfire brew

6. Wrong pathing in the Shadow area of the passive tree, you took the attack speed nodes instead of the chaos damage ones, plus you still miss Sniper which is a strong damage point

7. Pretty terrible jewels

8. No quality on Wither

You have a lot of room for improvements! :)
Thanks. I literally just made it yesterday as a test to see if I liked it or not, and I did, so now I'm going to go all out based on your suggestion. Thank you.
Well I got better gems/jewels and fixed my tree. I am now doing way more damage than I did before thanks to your tips. Really enjoying this build. Thanks!
Posting a quick update from the beta. With the changes to MoM, it is more comfortable to play, and we will start going MoM until we can afford transitioning to CI (or just stay MoM). Did a map run to highlight a few things, but It is a shitty video, so you might not get much out of it.

Terribly explained ED changes

Listing the most important changes and ideas I have for now:

Since we aiming to stay MoM for a while, we take ascendancies that line up well with it. My preferred order is;

Patient Reaper > Weave the Arcane > Swift Killer > Ghost Dance.

If you want to go faster, you get Walk the Aether, but that also makes your shield charge unable to give you the mana from Weave the Arcane, so I for HC at least, I would take Ghost Dance over Walk the Aether.

We also want more mana, but so far I have only grabbed Deep Thoughts. You want to stay at around 30-40% of your health as unreserved mana, so just grab HP/mana to match those values.

Since we are life based for longer, we can also look more closely at a uniques:

Immortal Flesh provides a lot of flat life and regeneration, which again scales nicely with Patient Reaper.
The Perfect Form could be interesting to get Phase Acrobatics and Arctic Armour for next to no investment.
Cloak of Defiance gives a ton of mana, and will be a strong contender. One of the problems with relying too heavily on mana could be that ED does not regenerate our mana, and you could potentially run out of mana and be very vulnerable in extreme situations. This also applies to MoM in general though, so we will have to see when 3.0 releases.

Traveling down to Acrobatics in the tree is also an option, but again I will have to see what I end up with.

When it comes to new gems, remove Pierce and Slower Projectiles and add Efficacy and Decay. You also want to fit Arcane Surge in your movement skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info