[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

Can the CI version kill the endgame bosses like Shaper and Uber Atziri?
These days with skin of the loyal available, you can get pretty much the same DPS (excluding potential double dipping from Pain Attunement) as a Low Life character as CI. Due to limitations of the CI version when it comes to mana, it leans heavily towards the decay playstyle. I am personally not a big fan of killing Shaper with just decay, and would go LL before going there. It should still be perfectly viable though.

At the same time, you should be able to afford a Shav's if you have the rest of the setup in such a fashion that you are ready to take on Shaper as an ED character.
Last edited by Nedieth on Apr 30, 2017, 8:01:47 PM
so far so good but i dont understand i met this guy 96 lvl he had 19600ES and yet he only had 800ES chest and 500ES shield while i am lvl 87 and i barely have 13k ES i also have body armour 740 and shield with 430 so i dont really understand how i am suppose to reach 20k ES???
Well, you are following the guide of a guy who peaks out at 14-15k ES, so you would probably need another passive tree.
"
Nedieth wrote:
Well, you are following the guide of a guy who peaks out at 14-15k ES, so you would probably need another passive tree.

Oh...the reason i wanted play ED was becuz of high ammounts of ES :s Could u maybe give me a link to a skill tree or build where they have 20k es?
Just grab more ES in the tree, get better gear. It all comes down to how you prioritize your points between damage and the total ES pool. If you want additional ES, get additional ES. There is a search function in the passive tree.
Hey, first of all, thank you for this build. I was able to accrue a modest amount of currency this league and follow this build quite closely. I just have a few questions on how to optimize this build further, so I can push content like guardians, shaper, and vaal temple (for completion).

First of all, the gear:

Is this acceptable gear? Also, what about gem setups as an Occultist? I've got a 3R Consuming Dark so I decided to run CWDT/IC/Inc dur. I don't know if this is optimal so I figured I'd ask. Would you recommend running a Vaal Discipline?

Final question, flasks. Any others that you would recommend, or is this sufficient?

If you look at my tree, I'm lacking a few jewel slots due to lack of currency. I'll either farm it up and respec or get them as I level.

Once again, thank you for this guide. Really enjoy ED, not looking forward to the 3.0 nerf.
Last edited by Vakana on May 4, 2017, 3:15:47 AM
First off, what is your resists? it seems you have a very large focus on resists on most items, rather than pushing energy shield as high as possible (this might be a budget restriction ofc). Your potential in gear is pretty big considering your max ES. %ES craft on rings is one large factor. Once you are able to afford it, you can also look for some well rolled Brinerot Whalers and a ED damage enchanted hubris.

For guardians, you should get hold of a decay dagger/wand. Even those bosses that you can poison do not allow you to stand still for long enough to stack it reasonably well. You also don't have increased duration nodes, making poison stacking on these bosses significantly harder to pull off. You might even be better off with Decay only or just a larger focus on it for Shaper with no inc. duration (Poison duration will be under one second for you). Once you have decay ready, you can start practicing guardians. Keep in mind that ED is a build where you actually need to play the game on all end game bosses, so you will most likely die some before you get control over the fights.

You should buy a corrupted level 20/20 ED while leveling yours. I also notice you don't level gems in you secondary weapon slot. get some quality EDs in there to vaal when they get to level 20.

Your flask setup looks fine. It is pretty much the strongest offensive flask setup I can come to think of for you. When you go decay, you can swap the mana flask out for something else. I love using a Quartz flask for mapping. Basalt and Jade are also good choices.

When it comes to your choice in getting a CWDT setup rather than vaal disco and other utility, that is just fine. We have very few gem slots for utility/movement without sacrificing main links, so it all boils down to personal preference. If that is CWDT/IC for you, then that is what you should use.

Do you mean something like this? I've had it sitting in my stash for a while now. But the other stats aside from Decay don't feel optimal. I'm also not sure if a sai is the best choice but it's what I have for now. Does this give me increased DPS vs. bosses? I'll have to read up on the mechanics of decay vs poison. Thank you for the help and once again, great guide.
Decay is stronger than poison in situations where you are unable to stand still. Poison duration is useless on guardians+, and decay is unaffected by their unique boss mods. This makes decay stronger as long as you can/will hit the enemy every 2-5 seconds. This also leaves you with the time you need to dodge the boss abilities and stay alive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info