[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

Thank you very much for the update.
What is so expensive in the low life version compared to the CI version?
I have never played any energy shield character and am really looking forward to it. Though I need to hold myself back not to switch too early.
The Shavronne's Wrappings unique body armour is what makes it so expensive. Using heretic's veil, Shav's, unset ring(s) and Eye of Chayula (and Doedre's Damning for cheap triple curse) also makes it harder to reach the desired 169% elemental resistances needed to be capped with elemental weakness in t11+ maps.
Hey :) quote( On packs with high health and porcupines, flamedash into the pack after contagion, apply Abyssal Cry, dash out, throw an ED into the pack, get screen freeze.:)end quote !

Thanks for the lulz, just about drowned my keyboard in coffee,,hehe

Six Linked Cospri will is dang near rich player gear these days, that chestpiece has been very expensive for several weeks and doesnt seem to be slowing down in favor, almost expected Shavs to drop a bit before long if it holds steady for much longer.

Curious about the council scepter, havent seen it in action yet myself.
Remember when high end gear was really high end !
Classic Audio all the way,olderthandirt and twice as
Grizzly :)
"
Grizzledmoe wrote:
Curious about the council scepter, havent seen it in action yet myself.

I'm currently using it in my ED Scion (lifebased) in Standard, and it's an excellent weapon if you can live without whirling blades.
If I were to make a purely lifebased ED char in a non HC league, I would be dual wielding those things. All the stats it has are simply amazing for us. all your DoTs last for ages, increasing the maximum DPS potential on bosses by a significant ammount.
i see you have 4 jewel sockets, but no listed jelwes on your gear section.
wich jewels do you use? whats best to roll on jewels for this build?
IGN: Aryiez - Softcore
How do you get 28k dps?
I am at 7.8k (6-linked). I only have a level 2 Empower, a 20/20 ED, and no spell dam on shield, but even with that I have calculated that would only bring me to around 12k dps.

I can see you don't have any spell damage on gear either, so what is the trick to those numbers you got?
Last edited by sikker on Sep 25, 2016, 3:40:24 AM
"
sikker wrote:
How do you get 28k dps?
I am at 7.8k (6-linked). I only have a level 2 Empower, a 20/20 ED, and no spell dam on shield, but even with that I have calculated that would only bring me to around 12k dps.

I can see you don't have any spell damage on gear either, so what is the trick to those numbers you got?

I was going to ask the same thing; also, is it worth dropping the dagger (with poison) to pick up the scepter? What's the overall DPS increase?
All that and a bag of chips!
Since we're talking weapons, anyone tried out the DoT essence? I think it's called Essence of Delirium. One thousand damage affected by our gems and tree sounds like it might be strong.
Are you looking at your topmost tooltip DPS, Sikker? The DPS you are looking at is probably the direct DPS that the Essence Drains would do if you chain cast it on a target.

A full screenshot of what my ED tooltip can look like

The Essence of Delirium might be nice, but that would have to be on a second weapon. That being the case, I think that Breath of the Council is a better choice (without having tested it myself).

Now, let me explain how important poison is, and why I use it even as my fourth link.

Instead of doing a lot of math that nobody cares about, let's use pictures!

First off, I had to remove Empower, slot in a lvl 20 Essence Drain, remove Vulnerability, use no flasks and no Wither totem so that I would not one-shot Voll in Dried Lake.

I started out using a Divinarius to keep my spell damage relatively similar.

Found Voll, shot an ED at him:

I then equipped my usual dagger.

One ED:

EDIT: I realized I was running temporal chains when I did this, so there is a chance that the temp chains screwed the damage comparison a bit.

The damage in it self is pretty nice, but now the huge arguments for poison starts.

- The poison runs out way before the Essence Drain does, meaning that poison is relatively stronger than what the pictures portray.

- Poison stacks. I have about 2 casts/sec on my character. Poison lasts about 3 seconds. This means we can have about 6 stacks of poison active on an enemy that really needs to die. Now consider the extra bit of damage that the damage did to Voll, multiply by 6.

- Then we add Vulnerability, Wither Totem and Vaal Lightning Trap, which makes ED's initial hit stronger, making the poison DoT even more so.

All this can be summarized in this kill of Argus. Damage starts out slow, then ramps up like crazy:

https://youtu.be/Rzmhnj4JSGc?t=2m24s
Last edited by Nedieth on Sep 28, 2016, 5:18:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info