[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

"
Nedieth wrote:
Are you looking at your topmost tooltip DPS, Sikker? The DPS you are looking at is probably the direct DPS that the Essence Drains would do if you chain cast it on a target.

A full screenshot of what my ED tooltip can look like

Yes, I am looking at the topmost DPS. Where you have 22.9k damage per second in your pic, I have 7.8k.
So any tips? :)
"
sikker wrote:
"
Nedieth wrote:
Are you looking at your topmost tooltip DPS, Sikker? The DPS you are looking at is probably the direct DPS that the Essence Drains would do if you chain cast it on a target.

A full screenshot of what my ED tooltip can look like

Yes, I am looking at the topmost DPS. Where you have 22.9k damage per second in your pic, I have 7.8k.
So any tips? :)

I am facing the same problem, would really like to hear the answer to this question.
Since I have played varying ED characters since Talisman league, I have a full 21/20 gem setup and level 4 Empower. Then add the Low Life bonus, Frenzy charges, and the Witchbrew + Sulphur flasks + the Witch Flask nodes to make it look real pretty.

In town I have 11.5k/32.6k dps. Swapping to a 20/20 ED, it falls to 10.4k/29.4k, just to highlight how much the damage increases with just 1 gem level.

All of our gems has a more multiplier to the damage. This means that 1 gem level on pretty much all the gems means 1% more dps per gem, this all being multiplicative, 1 gem level on all our support gems actually makes a huge deal. If you were to get a +1 gem level chest (I don't have a +1 tabula to test myself), I guess it would result in another 20-30% raw DPS increase.

EDIT: And honestly, at anything past 30k DoT dps, you have to be running some serious maps/bosses before your damage starts to become an issue other than 5 sec slower boss kills.
Last edited by Nedieth on Sep 29, 2016, 5:54:32 AM
"
Nedieth wrote:
Since I have played varying ED characters since Talisman league, I have a full 21/20 gem setup and level 4 Empower. Then add the Low Life bonus, Frenzy charges, and the Witchbrew + Sulphur flasks + the Witch Flask nodes to make it look real pretty.

In town I have 11.5k/32.6k dps. Swapping to a 20/20 ED, it falls to 10.4k/29.4k, just to highlight how much the damage increases with just 1 gem level.

All of our gems has a more multiplier to the damage. This means that 1 gem level on pretty much all the gems means 1% more dps per gem, this all being multiplicative, 1 gem level on all our support gems actually makes a huge deal. If you were to get a +1 gem level chest (I don't have a +1 tabula to test myself), I guess it would result in another 20-30% raw DPS increase.

EDIT: And honestly, at anything past 30k DoT dps, you have to be running some serious maps/bosses before your damage starts to become an issue other than 5 sec slower boss kills.

Thank you for the clarification. I respec yesterday and noticed a rather significant increase in my dps. Turns out that I was taking wrong passive points (%increased damage over time instead of %increased chaos damage for instance).

Regarding the gem level, I do know that ED gem has a large impact on the DPS (duh, it is ED build after all). However, what I don't realise is that the 1 gem level on support gems also means that much, because, as you said, it is 1% more dps and thus I figured, well since it is ONLY 1% increased damage, it couldn't mean that much. Would you mind clarifying how the 4% (from 4 support gems, since empower doesnt add anything %-tage wise to ED) could prove to be significant?

I absolutely agree that past 30k DoT, it is just a question of patience but nevertheless, sometimes I figure if I can kill the boss 5 seconds faster, that is 5 seconds less duration of me messing up and dying.
4 support gems 1 level higher is not 4% more damage, it is 1% x 1% x 1% x 1% more damage. Compound interest! If you are still struggling to find out what's keeping you down, just link your passive tree and gear so I can look at it or compare it to mine.
do you have your RF LL build tree and gear? i would love to see it. money is not really a problem and i want to try something strange
"
Nedieth wrote:
4 support gems 1 level higher is not 4% more damage, it is 1% x 1% x 1% x 1% more damage. Compound interest! If you are still struggling to find out what's keeping you down, just link your passive tree and gear so I can look at it or compare it to mine.

Well, 1% x 1% x 1% x 1% = 4.06%, so it is not all that much extra. But if it is worth setting up a Wither totem for 7% more, then we can take the 4% as well :)

I still don't quite understand how you can have that much more dps, but I have plenty to aim for, so if I can reach just 15k I think I'll be happy (as that is almost twice what I have now).
My LL RF ED tree looks something like this:

LL RF ED Passive Tree

I think i dropped the AoE nodes while testing it, since my character is just level 95. You can run it with a high ES shield with a 20% reduced damage over time Leo craft or a Rise of the Phoenix. With the Rise of the Phoenix, you are able to negate the degen, or just barely so with a level 23 Purity of Fire. As you can see in the video, I degen a little bit with Rise of the Phoenix, but I did not use a Stone Golem.

I sacrificed my CWDT Immortal call setup to fit the Purity (you might also need some high level enlightens to comfortably manage your mana), but with the dps output of the RF version, you might actually be better off removing wither totem. Vaal Lightning Trap + Witchfire Brew should be enough for pretty much all bosses except for maybe the guardians and shaper.

For general map clearing, the degen is not an issue at all due to the trickster ascendancy point Patient Reaper. Whenever you have killed something recently, use a Ruby Flask or have Essence Drain DoT on a few targets, your ES regenerates like crazy. Personally, I would not recommend playing the RF version before you are level 95 or 96+
Last edited by Nedieth on Sep 30, 2016, 10:59:18 AM
"
sikker wrote:
But if it is worth setting up a Wither totem for 7% more, then we can take the 4% as well :)

Might be worth mentioning that with both faster casting and increased duration on your Wither totem, it is really easy to reach max stacks on wither, representing a 140% increased damage taken rather than 7%.
Last edited by Nedieth on Oct 1, 2016, 5:49:38 AM
I'm currently mucking about t10-11 maps, and progression seems really slow with 7.2k ehp. I don't have the cash for a heretics or shavs or cospri, but the damage is starting the feel lacklustre with the current setup.

I've played around with the tree a bit, hopefully do spec into LL/CI when I have more currency. Any tips would be welcome!
Gear @ 87

passives
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAMeA-4EBwSzBx4I9A0fDkgRLxGWFr8YahzcHb4fQSL0JpUo-ipbKwoy0TOHNZI2PTpYPAU8tj1fQYdDNkVHRZ1JUUmxTINMs1JTUq9S7FNSVUtVxlgHXEBd8mHiYqxn_GjyakNqjGwLbIxtGXDUdIF1nnaCeC959nzlf8aAs4LHg9uHy48aj0aP-pFHkyeVLpeVl_Sa4JuhnL6dqqIAotmnCKebrJitSrDYtMW00bVItz64k7mTwFTAZsLswwnIDMgUzxXXz9i92jvrY-vu6_XsGO9874jwH_DV8h31b_fX-Tf5pPno_go=?accountName=HeavyBurden&characterName=HeavyCasual

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info