[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

"
unciuchino wrote:
You're right, presence of chayula is huge, plus the extra chaos res will be handy when i try for chayula I imagine.

50% pierce from the gem feels ok to me. I would like to fit in a phase run gem somewhere, but i really can't find the space. Maybe if i find a sick unset ring. Related to this, I would like to fit in also a cwdt+imm call setup, but again can't find the space unfortunately.

I just finished getting my lvl 4 empower and lvl 21 ED, should see a really big improvement there.

I also tweaked the passive tree more in line with what Xyel has, looking at it i like it more, we'll see how it feels while playing,the hex master cluster up north east probably wasn't worth the 4-5 points, they're better spent elsewhere (scion area)

Yeah vulnerability is very noticeable while mapping, but vs bosses not that much, not sure if doedre's ring is worth it. Sure feels great for trash, but tbh they still melt super fast now even in T15...

I think i should be ok dps wise for guardians now, right? What about chayula?
There's not much more i can do to get damage i think.

Guardians are relatively easy even without the empower / 21/20 ED - was doing them long before. Only dangerous combinations I have met so far were phoenix with increased speeds and double increased aoe and medusa (by far the hardest one of them all) with a lot of damage mods (I was feeling heroic once and ended up getting oneshotted by every single of her skills).

I´ve been contemplating the curse nodes next to CI as well - they could be exchanged for the projectile damage down at the ranger area. The reason I havent done it yet is that I simply dont feel like I need the damage - against non-bosses the vulnerability is extremely effective so every little increase of curse effectiveness counts. Against bosses, the only one where I feel I could use it is the shaper (its a rather hard fight as it requires very precise execution... can likely be done deathlessly if you play it perfectly though).

I havent ran Chayula yet, but from what I have heard the hard part is not running out of time (for which the curses are great), the boss himself is easy (especially with the chaos resist from presence of chayula + optionally 1 breach ring with 30% res).

And yes - Core is about getting used to the maneuvering around, Iv done it twinned with 1 death.
Last edited by Xyel on Jan 23, 2017, 10:23:49 AM
So i reach the point where again I need some help. As person who learn whole life I manage i change my opinion almost 180'. First i thought ED is boring and slow. Then I made ED as starter build and still playing. At ~90lvl I struggle a bit lack of currency. Then slowly made few upgrades and got basics knowledge how chaos/spell dmg/dot etc works. I was playing slow and boring. Then i changed loot filter to endgame and focus on best drop. Swap from CD+Shield to decay wand+shield to double daggers CD+decay. This setup is CRAZY!

Enough of TL;DR trash talk. Here's my questions:

-What gear should i upgrade first and why rings?
-How to use abyssal cry and why its soo good? <---- tbh i dont even use abyssal cry and rush T15 ez mode.
-How good is +40% ED dmg enchant on heretic's veil?
-Should i go for 21/20 ED or L4 empowa first?

[offtopic] Does vaal gem "Vaal Breach" can spawn Gayula for challange and will it count?

Gear
Spoiler
May RNGesus be with you!
I feel very dumb for missing this but how do you generate endurance charges with this build?
@LastxResort: You can generate endurance charges if you swap Abyssal Cry with Enduring Cry or the new chayula jewel.

@Szafka: The chaos essence on rings is one option, and another option is the rings I currently use on my Occultist (these are better for Occ than Tri):

Abyssal Cry is good if packs take long to kill. The prime example is the damn stone golem dudes. They are so tanky, that even with 40-50k DPS, they take a few seconds to kill. just apply ED/Cont, drop abyssal cry, and the pack will instantly detonate once the first one dies.

40% ED damage is good, but it should not affect decay or poison (slightly on poison due to larger initial hit). It's more a bonus than a must in my opinion, and stuff like contagion radius is just as nice, just in different situations.

Get the 21 ED first, it is way cheaper, and it is the same in terms of DPS.

Vaal Breach will not work for challenge, since if the uniques spawn, they cannot drop splinters anyway.

EDIT: Linking my current gear on my Occultist on BHC for reference on a different approach.
Last edited by Nedieth on Jan 25, 2017, 11:47:09 AM
What would be the BiS items for this build?
BiS items for this build is extremely situational. Check the weapon setups section for weapons. +1 Shav's and +1 curse Presence of Chayula are the only uniques that make up for "BiS" setup. Rest is optional.
I could use some help. At this point I feel like my gear is mediocre, but I feel like my ED damage isn't where it should be. I cant for the life of me figure out how to boost it now. I am sitting at 17090 DoT dmg on ED.
Spoiler

Here is my passive tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAMeBx4NfA5ID6sQexEPES8RUBGWFdcWvxcvGGoabBslHRQfQSL0JIsmiCepKwosvzW5Ow08tj1fSRNJUUmxS65Mg0yzTm1SU1KvVdZWY1gHWrlcQFxrXfJfKmTnZ_xqjGwLbRltbHC7cNR0VXSBdZ52gngvfOV_xoCkhEiGrofLieCLDo9Gj_qTH5MnlS6XlZf0m6GcMp2uoS-i2aXEpwinK6ebrJitSrDYtAy00bVItzC-Or6KwzrDbcgMyBTK088V0B_Xz9lb2jvbGuZY53ToWukC6rrrY-wY74jv6_DV9W_3wffX-Tf5pPrS?accountName=Braxillian&characterName=Braxillius

your DPS seems reasonable for the 5L. I might consider dropping Sovereignty for Charisma. Two points less and just 2% worse in terms of mana reserve. You might be forced to drop a curse or clarity with that setup tho. I never really play with tricurse and clarity as CI. If you go for Charisma, you can use the extra points for Ballistic Mastery, then drop Deep Thoughts and get Primal Spirit instead.

Relatively similar in terms of reserve and mana management, but you gain some str, flask charges, proj damage and speed.

For the rest of your setup, you could get a decay weapon to help out until your poison double dipping gets better, and pop an abyssal cry into your boots to help with tankier packs.

EDIT: I am also not sure that I like 5 points for Void Barrier. You might consider grabbing Path of the Savant instead and still have 1 point to spare (you will make up the dexterity if you grab Ballistic Mastery).
Last edited by Nedieth on Jan 27, 2017, 12:57:22 PM
"
Nedieth wrote:
your DPS seems reasonable for the 5L. I might consider dropping Sovereignty for Charisma. Two points less and just 2% worse in terms of mana reserve. You might be forced to drop a curse or clarity with that setup tho. I never really play with tricurse and clarity as CI. If you go for Charisma, you can use the extra points for Ballistic Mastery, then drop Deep Thoughts and get Primal Spirit instead.

Relatively similar in terms of reserve and mana management, but you gain some str, flask charges, proj damage and speed.

For the rest of your setup, you could get a decay weapon to help out until your poison double dipping gets better, and pop an abyssal cry into your boots to help with tankier packs.

EDIT: I am also not sure that I like 5 points for Void Barrier. You might consider grabbing Path of the Savant instead and still have 1 point to spare (you will make up the dexterity if you grab Ballistic Mastery).

Thanks for the response. I'll have to look up double dipping on poison because I'm honestly not well versed in this game at all. Once I hop on later tonight I'll make the adjustments to my passives and see how well it works out. Also I haven't actually been using clarity, only tricurse. I looked up a decent spell power wand with decay and currently do not have enough currency. Once I get enough, that'll be what I go for next.

UPDATE: Changed out everything except void barrier to path of the savant. I'll worry about that when I have some more materials. That boosted my dot damage on ED to 17.5k for a loss of around 3% mana reserved. I also looked up double dipping poison but that more or less just confused me on how that works for this build.
Last edited by Braxillian on Jan 27, 2017, 9:47:39 PM
Does the Atziri's Promise works on the chaos damage we do? Like, all our damage comes from dots.. So I was wondering..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info