[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

"
Xyel wrote:
From what I understand, right now your problem is damage... lack of thereof, respectively. For that, what will make a large difference:

[...]

Thanks, I upgraded my shield and got some semi-decent boots, was able to go for the third curse this way. I lost 40% increased spell damage from the shield but vulnerability ups my damage way more than that (if I understand correctly it functions like a more multiplier for all practical purposes, right?). It sure feels faster now.

Strangely enough it's not the 100% pierce that I miss the most, but the phasing to run through monsters.

I tried slower proj, and really didn't like it, the qol hit of having such a slower projectile is huge imo. Maybe keeping it as a swap for bosses is the best way to go here. The 10% more damage is nice but I don't think it's worth it to swap it in for the pierce support.

Less relevant info below:

Spoiler

After all that, I got a huge luck streak: 6-linked my beast fur shawl with around 200 fusings, got a perandus manor from cadiro, and corrupted a jewel into a sick inc dmg / inc lightning dmg / 7% life / +dex&int which I imagine is BiS for Life HoWA builds. I don't even know what it might sell for. Plus i found my second unique strongbox and sold that for 1ex.

So I guess if I actually manage to sell some of that I won't be broke anymore.

After a 21/20 essence drain and a 4 empower, should i prioritize a blessing of chayula for the neck, a sick shield, or something else at this point?

[Edit for typos]
Last edited by unciuchino on Jan 18, 2017, 8:34:53 AM
get a blessing of chayula as soon as you can. I am leveling an Occultist ED char at the moment just to have tried one properly, and going from eye to presence of chayula gave me 1k ES without any other changes. That neck is sick!

Personally, I try to always have either phasing or some sort of pierce. allies cannot die quickly becomes a headache with neither. I always end up opting for phasing, since I feel the investment to get 100% pierce is way too high.

EDIT: Forgot about the vulnerability bit. I didn't double check this, but I am quite sure that shock, wither and vulnerability all shares the "increased damage taken", which makes vulnerability very strong while clearing maps, but not that strong on bosses. If I am mistaken and vuln is additional or more or some other kind of wording, I might need to reconsider my current move away from triple curse.
Last edited by Nedieth on Jan 18, 2017, 5:40:51 PM
Hey, nice guide you made there. Could you look over my skilltree and give me some tips ,
where and how i could improve my skilltree and gear?

Skilltree
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAMeBx4NfA5IDlwPqxEPES8RUBGWE20UCRa_FvMYahmKGo8bJR9BIvQkiyY8JognqSsKLKYtqC-dNAo1uTdmOw08tj1fRX5GcUkTSVFJsUuuTINMs1JTUq9YB1xAXGtcil3yXypn_GqMavpsC20ZcNR0VXSBdZ52gngve9d85X_GgLODCYRIhMWHy4ngj_qQ1pFHkx-TJ5UulwaXlZf0m6GbtaEvotmnK6ebrJiw2LGQtAy00bVItzC7Tb6AvorDOsNtxKLIDMgUytPPFdAf18_ZW9o73V_fiuZY6QLquutj74jv6_DV9W_22vfX-Tf5pPsJ?accountName=TheJondo&characterName=TheJondo

Gear
Spoiler

Thanks again for your time
Last edited by TheJondo on Jan 19, 2017, 10:52:30 AM
If you don't want to take primal spirit, you could consider dropping all the nodes going down there, including the mana reduction nodes. If you feel you need to use a mana flask anyway, I would drop stuff like Deep Thoughts and the node closest to witch. You can get an uncorrupted Presence of Chayula and a new gem or two to compensate for the stat loss. Your clarity will have to be lower level, but as long as you rely on a mana flask, you should be able to sustain casting easily, and roll a flask with the "Catalysed" prefix if you still struggle (should only be relevant while using Consuming Dark).

The points you free up can be used to travel like this closer to the scion start:

This will allow you to use an Intuitive Leap in the open jewel socket and grab Skittering Runes and Potency of Will as well as some area of effect nodes or additional duration nodes.

While these changes might not increase your tooltip a bunch, it will make for a stronger Shaper killer due to more effective poison stacking. If you are not interested in Skittering Runes, you could drop the Intuitive Leap completely and just path directly to Potency of Will.

In essence, you gain a lot of freedom by dropping ZO from the tree, and could use the points for lots of stuff. If you want to kill Shaper, you want some duration nodes at least, and I would drop mana related nodes from your tree since you already use a mana flask.

A different option, and probably what I would choose would be this tree:

You drop some cast speed, save a point by taking Primal Spirit instead of Deep Thoughts + 30 str (i think you will end up on exactly 111 str without changing neck), drop the point at Witch start and aura reserve nodes.

This would force you to run a lower level clarity due to aura stuff, but you gain skill effect duration, which is a must when you use poison. Just take a look at the trees and swap things around until you find something that suits you.

Edit: you also need to fit an abyssal cry if you want to do Shaper. Adds are a nightmare without it.
Last edited by Nedieth on Jan 19, 2017, 1:45:09 PM
Where do these wands with decay come from? Is it a specific wand that drops or is that a crafted mod?
Crafter by essence of delirium
"
Xyel wrote:
Crafter by essence of delirium

Oh, thanks man. Appreciate it.
What base would be the best to craft deliriums?

Also, what do you think about dying sun?
Last edited by Anavels on Jan 22, 2017, 5:23:08 PM
Check the weapons setup section for crafting bases.

Dying sun is ok, nothing more. Extra projectiles makes it easier to hit, and increased AoE increases the chance that your ED will chain between packs. It is a huge investment for clear speed, but for general mapping it could be worth it. Personally, I want to run with bleed immunity, curse immunity and chill/freeze immunity flasks. This leaves me with a maximum of 2 unique flask slots, and just one if I want to roll adrenaline on my quicksilver. I would prioritize Witchfire Brew over Dying Sun, in general, but Dying Sun is nice for straight up map farming.
"
Nedieth wrote:
get a blessing of chayula as soon as you can. I am leveling an Occultist ED char at the moment just to have tried one properly, and going from eye to presence of chayula gave me 1k ES without any other changes. That neck is sick!

Personally, I try to always have either phasing or some sort of pierce. allies cannot die quickly becomes a headache with neither. I always end up opting for phasing, since I feel the investment to get 100% pierce is way too high.

EDIT: Forgot about the vulnerability bit. I didn't double check this, but I am quite sure that shock, wither and vulnerability all shares the "increased damage taken", which makes vulnerability very strong while clearing maps, but not that strong on bosses. If I am mistaken and vuln is additional or more or some other kind of wording, I might need to reconsider my current move away from triple curse.

You're right, presence of chayula is huge, plus the extra chaos res will be handy when i try for chayula I imagine.

50% pierce from the gem feels ok to me. I would like to fit in a phase run gem somewhere, but i really can't find the space. Maybe if i find a sick unset ring. Related to this, I would like to fit in also a cwdt+imm call setup, but again can't find the space unfortunately.

I just finished getting my lvl 4 empower and lvl 21 ED, should see a really big improvement there.

I also tweaked the passive tree more in line with what Xyel has, looking at it i like it more, we'll see how it feels while playing,the hex master cluster up north east probably wasn't worth the 4-5 points, they're better spent elsewhere (scion area)

Yeah vulnerability is very noticeable while mapping, but vs bosses not that much, not sure if doedre's ring is worth it. Sure feels great for trash, but tbh they still melt super fast now even in T15...

I was doing quite a few abyss and overgrown ruins, super easy.
.... then i got overconfident, rolled my first core map, with quite a few damage mods, wasted a couple of portals for trading, aaaand wasn't able to kill Malachai :'( . Myb, i prob still need to learn his mechanics.

I think i should be ok dps wise for guardians now, right? What about chayula?
There's not much more i can do to get damage i think.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info