[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

Is it possible to go Lowlife and mind over matter? Why don’t people do this?
"
ntencex wrote:
Is it possible to go Lowlife and mind over matter? Why don’t people do this?

No. MoM does not work with low life and chaos inoculation builds, because it damages mana before LIFE, not ES.
djnat explaining things well as usual. Only remaining question right now seems to be about charges:

Power charges are nice for us, and as intre implied he has made a build that dual wields void batteries (and probably with Aylardex as well). This is pretty much the only way to make power charges important for the build. With a baseline setup, we gain next to nothing from them, and you don't need to care too much about it.

Frenzy charges on the other hand is pretty much god tier for us. Frenzy charges gives us more damage as well as a very comfortable boost to attack and cast speed. My reasoning behind not picking the extra frenzy charge close to shadow start is that I want an all-round character. If you just want to map fast, the frenzy charge will be far better than other nodes I pick. I want to be able to be as powerful as possible against triggered bosses as well though (shaper, guardians, atziri etc.), and we simply don't get charges reliably on those fights. This would mean that the two points we spend for the extra frenzy charge would be completely wasted, so I opt to get other nodes instead.

Hope this helps, and keep asking stuff if you have more questions.
Loving this build so far and feeling fairly safe and strong through yellow maps for the most part barring a few map mods. Still need to roll some proper defensive flasks.

I'm guessing I should prioritize getting a 5L Perfect Form and swapping out my Aylardex and then upgrading the rest on my belt to cover the reduced cold res?
I am new to ED builds and I was wondering if ED snapshots when it spreads from contagion. Like if I pop witchfire brew and have dispair with temp chains on 1 target and then cast ED on that target does the increased damage from those curses apply to the ED's spread by contagion?

I was looking in POB and if I go get whispers of doom it says it would be a 35k dot dps increase which is HUGE.

also from what I can tell the best way to increase dps is to get a high level empower, level 21 ED, and quality the supporting gems? What are the next best ways to increase dps?
Do we need the attribute "Attack speed"? And if yes, what is that use for?
"
La_D wrote:
Do we need the attribute "Attack speed"? And if yes, what is that use for?

Yeah, attack speed is important for shield charge, the mobility skill. The faster you attack, the faster you can move around/clear maps, and the easier it is to dodge big boss attacks. I would prioritize damage and spell cast speed, but attack speed is also important.
@MangoPirate, once I have a functional setup with an ok dagger, a rare 5L of some sort, Allelopathy and res cap, I usually aim for my Perfect Form. Keep in mind that in addition to the high resist requirement, you also need a lot of dexterity to be able to equip it. I was using Aylardex as well at this point, so I got past it with a rare amulet with a lot of dexterity before I got dex on a helmet to make room for Impresence. How you deal with it is up to you, but as long as you have an Onyx Amulet, you need around 40 dexterity somewhere to be able to use The Perfect Form. If you are able to keep using Aylardex, that is nice as well. The mana regen is pretty sweet!

@nomeyukon, Once you are in the market for level 21 ED and 4 Empower, you are most likely aslo able to get a shield with a good spelldamage roll. This as well as a good dagger (or BotC) are pretty much the only damage items we are able to fit due to a high resistance and dexterity requirement from our other slots. If you have god tier gear, you might be able to get some spell/chaos damage on your rings as well. The build will cap out at around 600k combined DPS in PoB unless you have absurd ammounts of money or decide to go for items like Cherrubim's instead of Perfect Form.

@La_D, MrChubms summed it up rather well. Get Breath of the Council for pure power or get a dagger or sceptre for speed (My favourite is a Shaper Sai).

Hello! New player here, just started in AHC and got as far as level 89 on a spectre summoner before i ripped, didnt really get to tackle the end game content as i was busy making alternate characters which then also ended up also dying. Great learning experience!

Trying this build out and so far i love it! The fact that you can use the set up very early and level all the way through with minimal investment. I'm only level 55 atm but this weekend i'll be diving in deeper to level and start mapping. I am hoping to optimize this character and take him to end game bosses (which i've never done before). I need to find a way to get rich, or maybe different ways to acquire some of the necessary pieces. I was planning on running the Allelopathy 5L set up to use blight for single target.

Couple questions...

Since i am playing BHC and need as much defense as possible, i'm assuming my goal is to get the perfect form for better defense and survivability with the life, evasion, free arctic armor. Is there a guaranteed way of getting this? Or are we just waiting for these to pop up on POE trade? And per the guide, says that Atziri's step is nice too. Not sure if it is worth it cause my armor will have several uniques (Perfect Form, Allelopathy, Impressence, Maybe Atziri's step?) and it might be hard to cap my resists.

Also kind of confused about impressence. Looks like it gives mana free despair, so we'd run a 3L blapshemy + temp chains + despair? and do we have to take "Whispers of Doom" node in the tree to make this work?

Right now i am running blasphemy + despair, someone mentioned in the thread that blasphemy + temp chains is better due to its offense/defensive capabilities, so i guess i should swap that out until i get impressence to run both curses?

Another side note, looks like impressence is very expensive and i did a quick search on POE trade for BHC and theres one gentlemen that seems to have 3 of these, how did he get them?

Once i get this set up up and running, i was interested to try to transition the LL version, but i am not experienced to do that on my own just yet, maybe someone in the thread might do tackle it and i can see which route they've gone.

Sorry for being a noob and making this post is super long, i'll be reading the newer comments on this thread as i progess to learn more, and any advice/tips would be appreciated!
My current character is pretty much exactly like the character you are describing. you can check it out on my profile. Name is NediED if I have played another character.

Most of the items we use can be farmed for spesifically:

Atziri's Step: Drops from normal Atziri.
The Perfect Form: Drops from Tul Breaches/Tul as Snowblind Grace. Use a Blessing of Tul to upgrade.
Allelopathy: Random drop, should be chanced if SSF. Buy it if not.
Impresence: Rare drop from Elder.
Breath of the Council (if you want this over a Sai): Can drop from Plaguemaw V.

All of your other questions should be answered by looking at my current character. It is at a very good place now, and unless you aim for Shaper farming, it is more than plenty in terms of power.

When it comes to the priority when getting to the point I am at now, I usually prioritize my upgrades like this:

Get baseline gear with some life, mana and capped resists.
Buy Allelopathy and a cheap 5L hybrid eva/ES body armour, ilvl 72+ Carnal Armour is prefered if you want to scour/alch it yourself.
Now you should start aiming for The Perfect Form. It requires quite a lot of dexterity and resits, so make sure you can get to where you need to be before you invest in it.
When you have your 5L Perfect Form, you should consider if you can manage to get good enough resists to get Atziri's step as well.
Incrementally upgrade your rare items to get more cold resistance, evasion, life and mana to scale your survivability.
Buy a chaos Impresence once you can fit it, get Whispers of Doom in the passive tree.
6L Perfect Form when everything else is top notch.

Craft or buy a Sai or Breath of the Council respectively depending on what you want to prioritize for offense as you see fit.
Last edited by Nedieth on Mar 8, 2018, 12:50:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info