[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

"
Nedieth wrote:
Yeah. I am quite sure that my next iteration of the build will use the Hungry Loop.

I've been considering this a lot actually. Blight seems super powerful, and while I don't have a 6L yet, it'll be super good when I do. My only concern would be capping resists and having enough STR / DEX between Hungry Loop, BotC, Perfect Form, and Impresence, though it should be able to be done.

Also, perhaps I've missed it, but short of Brine King, how are we trying to deal with Stuns? I usually evade them, but when it happens in higher-level maps, I just go squish.
As an evasion based character, that does not benefit from projectile nodes any more (we don't travel to Heart of Oak), we can never get 100% stun immune/avoidance. We simply need to deal with it. Boots enchant is a nice addition if you can live without the regen one.
Well that's a shame. I'll have to keep my eye out for the boot enchant then. Thanks!

You for sure would recommend an ED Hungry Loop though? I'm getting to that point where my gems are almost ready to level up.
It is an alternative at least. By using a Hungry Loop, you shift the focus of the build even further towards Blight. I'd say around 50k hideout ED DPS is enough for it to feel pretty comfortable even in t16 maps (assuming you dont have too much resistance or life rolls on the map). This should be quite easily achieveable with a Hungry Loop setup, while it also allows you to 6L Blight for extra DPS.

Keep in mind how strong Allelopathy is though. You need a level 21 Blight and a level 3 Empower for a 6L to be better than Allelopathy in the first place. This means that having ED in the ring is really only an alternative for rich people or those going LL, which is effectively the same. I would suggest not consuming your supports into the ring, and level a second set of gems in your offslot instead. Feed those to the ring when they hit max and start experimenting then. Both setups use the same colours in the main link, so all you really need to do once you have the loop is to swap out the life/resists on your ring for some gloves with similar stats.
Willing to say thanks to Nedieth for this build. I've always been in love with ED so when Abyss League started and found it on forums i've been very pleased. The leveling process has been much better than what it used to be before patch 3.0 release, thanks to the use of the the 3linked wand with arcane surge on contagion: i've really loved it.
Even tough i've not tried the hardest content with it (just killed chimera but while being in party with a guild buddy) turned out that it's a very tanky build, i ve been facetanking map bosses up till t15s and all went super smooth, it's been able to survive more than once against huge explosions and managed to stand against another pair of "not so healthy" situations. I think i'm going to reroll it as a league starter in the upcoming one: let's hope trickster is not going to be destroyed by the ascendancies "rebalance". I would really recommend this build to any new PoE player as it is truly a super scalable with currency invested build: you can start from scratch and with self found gear you should be able to run low/mid tiers maps no problem.
Last edited by stux82 on Feb 21, 2018, 1:50:59 PM
First, Thank you for your great guide.
I am going to play ED build for next league, and I found your build and another build (Ghazzy's). 2 build are look quite similar. Could you explain what is the different between your build and Ghazzy's build?
If you did not read the ghazzy's build. Just ignore me. Thanks.
TL;DR: Ghazzy's guide is great for some straight forward ED action, mine requires a slightly more active play style.

The two main differences between my guide and Ghazzy's is that he focuses a lot on raw power from ED, while I balance out the damage more between Blight and ED. Since I have more focus on Blight, my build also needs to be able to take a few more hits than Ghazzy's version. I solve this primarily through using The Perfect Form instead of recommending a +1 Tabula Rasa. The +1 tabula is pretty cheap, while a 6L Perfect Form is quite a lot more expensive and provides less damage as well.

My build makes up for this damage loss by having a full damage setup in Allelopathy, while Ghazzy uses the gloves for his Contagion setup. This results in my build having a much higher potential DPS as well as being more tanky. The downside to this is that you might be a bit overwhelmed with the playstyle to start out with. Below is an example of what I do vs. bosses compared to Ghazzy (not explaining reasoning in the following):

Nedi:
Place and keep Wither totem alive --> Precast Contagion while waiting for trigger/apply Contagion --> Cast ED --> Shield Charge into the enemy --> pop all flasks to blind/get evasion --> Channel Blight --> Reapply ED/Contagion every 6s or so while channeling Blight at least 4 out of 6s.

Ghazzy:
Place and keep Wither totem alive --> Apply Contagion --> Apply ED --> Run around and stay safe, reapply DoTs as needed, pop flasks as needed (Tap enemy with Blight if it gets close).

Personally, I feel that my characters has more room to grow and face the ultra end game than what you can expect from Ghazzy's guide, but his guide is more budget and new player friendly. There are many that could disagree with this, saying a +3 staff might perform similar to my build, but it all boils down to preference.

Hope that clarifies something for ya.
Thoughts on new trickster in 3.2? Was planning on using this build as my starter since i quite enjoyed it this league, interested how is it going to fare going forward.
New trickster is basically even better. Weave the Arcane has now also Walk the Aether effect which frees you 2 points to get new Prolonged Pain (20% effect duration and 15% MORE dmg over time), you loose old 50% mana regen, but Patient Reaper now recover %max of life, ES and mana on kill and has 50%(was 30) inc damage over time.
Any chance to get an update on this wit the new ascendancy?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info