[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

Currently lvl 91, have been able to do maps up to T16 (no attempt on sharper yet) but i have been having a heck of a time doing Red tier elder (t15 Basilica spawn). I feel like i dont do enough dmg even with wither totem stacking debuff on it. I used your build as a guide but have taken some liberties of my own in the gear/passive tree. Advise/suggestions?

How you like that chest piece sexy eyy? tried to get max roll on 'damage taken as mana' affix to match CoD, close enough

Passive Tree

Damage tool tip with flasks & frenzy/power charges

Also i am at
Life: 4,395/4,395
Mana: 2,802/4,312
Is that a decent amount, I was shooting for around half of my life for unreserved mana. I was thinking of unspecing a couple mana passive nodes for more life and see how that feels.
Last edited by ThroatLotion on Feb 6, 2018, 4:40:05 PM
"
djnat wrote:
To go lowlife and enjoy both a defensive and offensive boost when compared to a life based version, you absolutely need 5 items:

Why not have ED set up in your six link where you can have quality ion your support gems and do blight on the hungry loop?
The Vaal Regalia is nice indeed. If my quick math is correct, you need 62% of your life as available mana to not run out of mana before life (assuming a 1-shot). Your current balance of life and mana does seem fine. I don't agree with all the decisions you have done with your passive tree, but it's nice to see that you have done your own thing. Guides are for inspiration after all.

The idea with djnat's setup is that when you go LL, there should be enough damage in the build to not have to care that much about ED DPS any more, and Blight will be the focus. Even with my setup with a potential 6L ED and Blight from Allelopathy, Blight DPS potential is twice that of ED. You need a ton of damage on ED for it to really feel good against bosses or tanky rares, so you will end up using Blight there anyway. I was able to do Shaper with under 40k ED DPS yesterday (although it was on the painful side of things) just because Blight carries the DPS so hard.
Exactly.

ED's damage feels amazing from a clearspeed point of view in a low life setup even in a 5L without quality on support gems. It clears all map tiers very fast including T16 and Shaper trashes.

ED suffers a lot on boss fights. The damage from the skill itself is actually terrible even if you arrange a 6L ED setup with the best possible items and the head enchantment. The Wither nerf hit pretty hard and I consider Blight necessary in single target fights because without it they become simply too long and a lot less manageable. That's why I focus on Blight more than ED. Single target is where the build struggles, so maximizing it is the key in my opinion.

If you use ED only and you try to do some guardian runs you will notice that in 3.1 the fights are very long even with a perfect wither totem management. We are talking about 40+ seconds boss fights on WHITE T16 maps. This is pretty unaccettable for me, especially when you consider that adding Blight to the mix lowers all the killing times by a considerable amount (yesterday I killed Minotaur with a retarded facetanking in 16 seconds with ED + Blight + Wither totem with my LL ED/Blight Occultist that I am playing this league).
Last edited by djnat on Feb 7, 2018, 11:54:38 AM
Ok. when i get the 20/20 gems i see the damage boost, can someone watch me profile and say me if i get the correct items or maybe i miss something?¿ thx
would get different boots myself. with the +2 to mana life regen enchant. Atziri's Step is one that is preferred, there is others too.
Last edited by Noctide on Feb 7, 2018, 6:22:38 PM
Hi Nedieth, many thanks for this build-guide. I have a lot of fun with my trickser (Lvl 93), so far.

Yesterday, I tried Elder on Red-Map and I had huge problems with DoT.
No chance to beat him. I used Pantheon Lunaris/Solaris and Tukohama.
On Yellow-Map, Elder was much easier. I facetank and blight him and few seconds later, I reached phase 2.

Has anyone tipps for setup and strategy? Thx.
I currently have a tier 13 elder in my atlas. I will try him out with my ED char instead of my discharger to test it out when I get some time. The character has full level 19/0 gems, so it will be interesting...
Did the T13 Elder:

https://youtu.be/tOqSscK79mQ
The video shows stronger evidence about what I told in my ED thread some days ago: Blight is super strong at the moment for bossing and ED is a sub-par skill for single target which really needs some damage coefficient adjustment.

On the other hand, ED is quite good for map clearing because the current AoE radius of Contagion is very well balanced, while Blight alone would suck at it.

Blight and ED complete themselves in an amazing way in the current iteration of PoE. They scale with the same modifiers and they even share the same support gem setup.

If only the Arcane Surge buff lasted the same amount of time of the Wither Totem it would be perfect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info