[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

"
piza14 wrote:

im sorry if i missed previous answers, but wouldnt be spell cascade a nice boost for mapping with contagion? we dont need it for damage, but for spreading the ED right?

thx+cheers

I used spell cascade a bit at the start it was ok for abyss because the mobs are in a line. But its not really usefull for very long. once you get contagion and the tree going it covers a huge area.
The despair discussion rages on, and it is pretty much personal preference what you end up doing. Running Despair will be a massive damage boost while clearing maps, a significant boost against bosses, and quite lackluster (as all curses are) against guardians and Shaper. I would start out using Temporal Chains if you are new to the ED/Blight/Contagion playstyle, and then you can consider swapping to Despair if you feel you can handle the faster enemies. I would not run two curses off my mana, so if you want to incorporate both Despair and Temporal Chains, you should get either Impresence or Witchfire Brew as well as investing a few more points for +1 curse in the passive tree. Since we primarily aim for eva/ES hybrid items, it should not cost many Chromatic Orbs to change your colours around to try out both options.

When it comes to the difference to mine and Ghazzy's build, Palaryel does make a few good points. Personally, I would say that the main difference is that Ghazzy focuses solely on ED damage, and I focus on maximizing the total damage while at the same time getting better layered defense.

This means that Ghazzy's build is much more streamlined, and will result in a spesific playstyle, while my build is more open to interpretation by design. I want everyone who tries out my build to consider what they want themselves, if that is all out damage to ED through Skin of the Loyal, or a more defensive approach to be able to channel Blight and facetanking even harder hitting enemies through The Perfect Form, or to be the jack of all trades by using Cherrubim's. Since I play on Hardcore, I play the version of the build that I feel provides the best balance of offense and defence, but I hope the guide is written in such a way that if you choose to follow it, you will be able to see that there are more than one way to maximize this build depending on what you want personally. This makes the guide higher maintenance for me, as I try to invite to discussion rather than implying there is one way to play the ED hybrid (we should come up with a good name for the ED/Blight/Cont style).
Forgot to mention the Spell Cascade stuff. If you don't mind dropping Faster Casting, Spell Cascade will make it easier to hit enemies with the initial cast of the spell. However, I don't see the point, as Contagion just needs to affect whatever target you hit with ED to start the chain reaction. Once the chain reaction has started, we only care about the AoE radius that the initial cast had to begin with, as it is this radius the spreading will use.
@Nedieth

ty for sharing you know how, the build and the ideas to combine the items are great.
that my stuff so far:

lost 12ex on fuse while trying to get the 6L.... feelsBad

The Perfect Form is just insance. i thought it would be a nice defens upgrade...but it just insane!!!

i just i bit jelly about your movement and play style....dude...you got it :D but i still work to improve my own and try to steal everything with my eyes from you :)
!!! Sorry for my "bum english" !!!
Last edited by Wipefoot on Dec 17, 2017, 9:30:19 AM
Erm sorry to hear that, but its not really the best place to post that mate.

Cheers for the build, im enjoying so far.
Im running it atm, but i have some issues with tanking some bosses.

My current gear:

Spoiler

I dont have the currency to buy the perfect form so i only run Temporal chains.
Im getting pretty fast mowed down by bosses or a pack of range mobs, since my MoM triggers, im oom and cant cast ED.

I watched your videos with shaper/guardians and think the best way to prevent this from happening, is your movement.
First time playing ED, but i think the keypoint to survival is to dot, throw ED into the cluster and move forward, am i correct?
"
Camatoo wrote:
Im running it atm, but i have some issues with tanking some bosses.

My current gear:

Spoiler

I dont have the currency to buy the perfect form so i only run Temporal chains.
Im getting pretty fast mowed down by bosses or a pack of range mobs, since my MoM triggers, im oom and cant cast ED.

I watched your videos with shaper/guardians and think the best way to prevent this from happening, is your movement.
First time playing ED, but i think the keypoint to survival is to dot, throw ED into the cluster and move forward, am i correct?

dont face tank, keep moving!

my general strategie is like this:

place wither totem + contagion
shot ED
run to boss and start blight

at this point the most bosses are almost slowed to zero from wither and blight BUT be aware:
as soon as the blight hinder is over and the boss start targeting you, you should instantly move round and start the "rotation" again.
!!! Sorry for my "bum english" !!!
Last edited by stexnex on Dec 17, 2017, 12:28:56 PM
That sounds about right. I always press my flasks as I stop to cast my Contagion as well. You have to consider each pack if you ended up in a situation where you have time to cast both Contagion and ED without stutter stepping slightly, or if you have to get out of the way before you apply your Essence Drain. This will hopefully become second nature quickly, but if you can't seem to learn when to move and when to cast, you might be better off using Enfeeble instead of Temporal Chains.

Your gear does lack flat mana on a few items. This will leave you oom more often. Luckliy we have/can get Walk the Aether so that Shield Charge and Flame Dash is always avaliable in case shit hits the fan. Hopefully you will start feeling more comfortable soon, and if you don't, I still urge you to try out The Perfect Form before you ditch the build.

As Mathil would say, ED is a build where you actually need to play the game. In my world, this is a good thing, as it allows for a lot of personal progress.
"
Nedieth wrote:
That sounds about right. I always press my flasks as I stop to cast my Contagion as well. You have to consider each pack if you ended up in a situation where you have time to cast both Contagion and ED without stutter stepping slightly, or if you have to get out of the way before you apply your Essence Drain. This will hopefully become second nature quickly, but if you can't seem to learn when to move and when to cast, you might be better off using Enfeeble instead of Temporal Chains.

Your gear does lack flat mana on a few items. This will leave you oom more often. Luckliy we have/can get Walk the Aether so that Shield Charge and Flame Dash is always avaliable in case shit hits the fan. Hopefully you will start feeling more comfortable soon, and if you don't, I still urge you to try out The Perfect Form before you ditch the build.

As Mathil would say, ED is a build where you actually need to play the game. In my world, this is a good thing, as it allows for a lot of personal progress.

Ditching is mostly out of question, its the best clearing speed i saw besides a RF build.
Its just another playstyle and i need to get used to it.
Swapped some items for higher mana reg and i still need to hit some nodes on the passive for better control.
Range mobs are a little bit tricky, since they can interrupt your ED animation before you even fast it.

Im not sure, but would slower projectile speed make sense for mapping? you throw 4 instead of 1 projectile, would help against more mob groups.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info