[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

"
JayRizzo03 wrote:

Thanks! I have actually just done two successful max key izaro runs using this build. I'm pretty impressed - the fact that we can just drop ED and then focus on dodging makes this fight MUCH easier to handle. I'm still going slow, but slowly gaining confidence. Not to mention I got super lucky - I managed to corrupt these
and this is my enchant that i'm not quite sure i want to keep, but i still feel like i got lucky with.

The lab is such a cakewalk with this build. If I'm near leveling I just run some labs to ding, it's a sure thing.

That helmet is a beast. 40% blight must be insane. I didn't know that was a thing. Will get one myself for sure, just to test at least. Not the greatest evasion, but if you could get that on a sinner or some stuff
Last edited by Noctide on Dec 15, 2017, 11:51:04 PM
Hiho,
i have a question regarding your jewels. Can you explain the second Spreading Rot jewel? It seems to me, that it doesn't get the 40 Int radius thing - or am i missing something?

Thanks in advance : )
heya.

ended up playing a similar build to yours in ssf as my starter.
i have 2 questions concerning your post:

1. are you sure its worth running shieldcharge and ending up right in front of the biggest threads to this build, which seems to be heavy physical hitters (since we have no or poor phys-mitigation besides flasks and in this case fortify)?
to me it seems a lot safer and not noticibly slower running a wand for some more spellpower and utilize dash only.

2. i got lucky and found a shavs, now im considering to go LL once i manage to link it. something inside me tells me to reroll an occultist then tho instead of staying trickster.
so question is : do you think tricksters dmg is worth not rerolling into occultist for LL?

thanks in advance for this well-written guide.

stay safe.
@NmE: The Spreading Rot jewels does not require the int points to actually be allocated, they just need to exist within the radius. This means that as many as 4 or 5 of our potential jewel sockets can support it.

@Nazruk, since I am running Temp. Chains, most enemies are unable to hit me even if I Shield Charge into the middle of a pack. I actually don't think I have died once due to shield charge, but I have been saved by Fortify. I do agree that my style of facetanking everything is very risky, but with the introduction of Blight to the build, I prefer to get used to standing at close range and watching animations. I ran flamedash only for several leagues, and it works perfectly fine. It also opens up to use a staff if that is of interest.

Since you are already considering running without Shield Charge, it is not so hard to fit what we need to go LL. I used to play LL as Trickster even when I wanted the character for bossing. Since we use Blight now, the real DPS is pretty close to that of an Occultist, as we are able to stack Blight much more effectively. The regen mechanics of the two ascendancies is mostly a matter of preference in my opinion. Patient Reaper provides a ton of regen while enemies still live (I have seen numbers close to 30-40k HP/s during Uber Atziri trash packs), while Occultist on the other hand gives you a more balanced regeneration after enemies die. Personally, I prefer the Trickster version. It is also superior for Uber Lab, As it is very easy to keep it up by killing fonts.

At the end of the day, Occultist is better in ideal situations, but Trickster is faster and have better real world utility - in my opinion.
hey there, im leveling right now this build as my 2nd char in abyss. i really like it so far. leveling is really easy until now(only act3 though). thanks for sharing and creating this guide with all information needed!

im sorry if i missed previous answers, but wouldnt be spell cascade a nice boost for mapping with contagion? we dont need it for damage, but for spreading the ED right?

thx+cheers

Found another way to increase damage a bit: Shaped rings can roll +20-35% Increased Spell Damage!
"
Nedieth wrote:
@NmE: The Spreading Rot jewels does not require the int points to actually be allocated, they just need to exist within the radius. This means that as many as 4 or 5 of our potential jewel sockets can support it.

@Nazruk, since I am running Temp. Chains, most enemies are unable to hit me even if I Shield Charge into the middle of a pack. I actually don't think I have died once due to shield charge, but I have been saved by Fortify. I do agree that my style of facetanking everything is very risky, but with the introduction of Blight to the build, I prefer to get used to standing at close range and watching animations. I ran flamedash only for several leagues, and it works perfectly fine. It also opens up to use a staff if that is of interest.

Since you are already considering running without Shield Charge, it is not so hard to fit what we need to go LL. I used to play LL as Trickster even when I wanted the character for bossing. Since we use Blight now, the real DPS is pretty close to that of an Occultist, as we are able to stack Blight much more effectively. The regen mechanics of the two ascendancies is mostly a matter of preference in my opinion. Patient Reaper provides a ton of regen while enemies still live (I have seen numbers close to 30-40k HP/s during Uber Atziri trash packs), while Occultist on the other hand gives you a more balanced regeneration after enemies die. Personally, I prefer the Trickster version. It is also superior for Uber Lab, As it is very easy to keep it up by killing fonts.

At the end of the day, Occultist is better in ideal situations, but Trickster is faster and have better real world utility - in my opinion.

thanks you for the quick response. know that i realized youre playing HC it makes a lot more sense to me to run tempchain and fortiy to layer defenses.
guess ill try to drop those allelollol to utilize blight properly.

So i'm really torn between following this guide and ghazzy's guide (i'm currently leveling and about to reach the point where your two builds diverge).
Could someone explain the main advantage/disadvantages this build has over his?
I'm assuming your build is tankier, but running one curse instead of 2. Especially with the new Despair, i would assume ghazzy has higher damage output. On the other hand, curses are way less effective on bosses where the dps really matters, and your blight setup is way stronger for single target...

I guess a better way to phrase this question would be, is despair worth speccing into dual curses?
"
So i'm really torn between following this guide and ghazzy's guide (i'm currently leveling and about to reach the point where your two builds diverge).
Could someone explain the main advantage/disadvantages this build has over his?
I'm assuming your build is tankier, but running one curse instead of 2. Especially with the new Despair, i would assume ghazzy has higher damage output. On the other hand, curses are way less effective on bosses where the dps really matters, and your blight setup is way stronger for single target...

I guess a better way to phrase this question would be, is despair worth speccing into dual curses?

1st you have to understand that the author is playing on Hardcore, thus the Temporal Chains can be (and often are) the difference between staying alive and dying.

That being said, Despair compliments a HUGE chunk of your DPS (~41% for a level 20, 20% Despair // ~12,7% versus bosses like Shaper) and is one of the two available options for chaos resistance reduction on monsters (the other being Occultists ascendancy).

Of course, no build is set in stone, you can choose to play this build with 2 curse auras (5 skill point difference), get a +1 curses Impresence amulet to save the skill points (EXPENSIVE!), or play more carefully with Despair running.

As I stated before, once you get Impresence + Perfect Form you can run Despair + Arctic Armour with 0% mana reserved, freeing your mana pool, making you more tanky and opening up several other options like these:
-Use Clear Mind Jewel for +40-60% increased Spell Damage and 20-30% Mana Regeneration
-Use Temporal Chains along with the above 2 buffs for only 35% total mana reserved
-Use the new helmet Memory Vault to gain a LOT of more base mana and armor based on your total mana reserved
-Use a high level Clarity to further boost your mana regeneration making you tankier

Either way, I would say that dropping the Allelopathy Blight setup is no option, since that skill does an insane amount of damage, also note that the 2x +25% increased Chaos Damage to enemies hindered by blight boosts your ED damage as well!
Last edited by Palaryel on Dec 16, 2017, 12:33:06 PM
Despair is nice. If you want it get second curse instead of spell damage witch start. The problem with second curse is that bosses are quite curse-resistant, which makes curses less efficient. For general clearing despair is very nice, but not needed. The choice is yours, the build is quite flexible anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info