[2.5] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide (MF Viable - MOVED TO NEW THREAD)

"
RegulusX wrote:
"
Tahreyn wrote:
The issue with two clay shapers is that you can't use a ES shield, thus I think you're more or less required to go CI to get your ES up. As for your 5L. If you have the cast speed for it, remove spell echo. For max damage on a 5L I'd go minion damage, melee phys dmg, melee splash, and melee dmg on full life (alternatively empower or added fire, or elemental focus if you have all damage auras)

I'm fine with going CI. I'm sitting at 8.5k ES and it'll be up to 9k once I get two more aura potency nodes. I'd love to get some of those new jewels and not be forced to use both Clayshapers, but they're ridiculously expensive at the moment.

I'll think about switching Elemental Focus for Spell Echo. I'm not sure if I have the cast speed to swing it. I'm using a RRBBB chest and I can't decide what to use the red socket on. What's the best red support gem? Melee physical damage, melee damage on full life, empower, or added fire?

Nice, at 9k you should be able to do most content without any problems.

As for the two red sockets, you should use Melee Splash and Melee Physical Damage on them. Then if you don't need AoE on some fight you can swap the melee splash for either of Empower/added Fire/Melee Damage on Full Life/Multistrike.
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
Hi, loving the build so far. Currently lv89 in BSC.

Spoiler

Currently I'm at 7.8k ES, may be able to get to around 8.5k once I get two moonstone rings with %es mod. If I drop Prism Guardian for a 350es shield, I can already reach 9k ES, but only 35 HP remains so I can't cast anything.

As for the SRS link goes, I'm using Minion Speed in place of the no longer needed Echo. Culling strike may be better (idk, someone do the math), but 2R4B is cheaper to roll than 2R1G3B

Damage is pretty awesome, but it seems like tough boss encounters are kill-or-die. When I run out of vaal discipline and SRS are all gone, I'm pretty much screwed if boss is doing constant small dmg to prevent ES recharge. Died a few times against Esh and couldn't kill Tul :/ Xoph was cake.

So from now on I'm considering using this during ele breachlord bossfights. Gluttony of Elements lasts about 13.5 seconds, so along with 8 second vaal discipline I should have enough time to nuke down the boss. To start off the breachstone just kill the first few trashes to start vaal clarity, then switch it in place of chayula. By the time you reach the arena GoE should be up.
In-game: leonid
All Challenges Done! (Ana/Ons) 9/9/2013
All Challenges Done! (Dom/Nem) 1/30/2014
All Challenges Done! (Tor/Bld) 3/10/2015
All Achievements Done! 9/28/2016
Last edited by sunleonid on Dec 8, 2016, 9:30:29 AM
Quick question, do we take minion instability?
"
sunleonid wrote:
Hi, loving the build so far. Currently lv89 in BSC.

Spoiler

Currently I'm at 7.8k ES, may be able to get to around 8.5k once I get two moonstone rings with %es mod. If I drop Prism Guardian for a 350es shield, I can already reach 9k ES, but only 35 HP remains so I can't cast anything.

As for the SRS link goes, I'm using Minion Speed in place of the no longer needed Echo. Culling strike may be better (idk, someone do the math), but 2R4B is cheaper to roll than 2R1G3B

Damage is pretty awesome, but it seems like tough boss encounters are kill-or-die. When I run out of vaal discipline and SRS are all gone, I'm pretty much screwed if boss is doing constant small dmg to prevent ES recharge. Died a few times against Esh and couldn't kill Tul :/ Xoph was cake.

So from now on I'm considering using this during ele breachlord bossfights. Gluttony of Elements lasts about 13.5 seconds, so along with 8 second vaal discipline I should have enough time to nuke down the boss. To start off the breachstone just kill the first few trashes to start vaal clarity, then switch it in place of chayula. By the time you reach the arena GoE should be up.

I'm glad that you like the build! It seems like you've had better luck than me with getting the 6L ;) I thought of using Minion speed as well, as it would increase the trash clear speed. However, as the clear speed is pretty good as it is already, I opted for the culling strike so the bosses are easier.

Tough boss encounters does not necessarily have to be kill-or-die. With Essence Surge, and perhaps a jewel for shorter ES recharge delay, you are able keep yourself alive in most fights as long as there isn't too clotted.

"
Markmoise wrote:
Quick question, do we take minion instability?

I'm not picking minion instability as my spirits usually despawn before they go down on low life, and as I am not normally using zombies any longer I can't see that Minion Instability would do that much for us. However, feel free to try it out and say what you think about it!
Builds:
"
Tahreyn wrote:
Tough boss encounters does not necessarily have to be kill-or-die. With Essence Surge, and perhaps a jewel for shorter ES recharge delay, you are able keep yourself alive in most fights as long as there isn't too clotted.

Yeah looks like I haven't taken Essence Surge yet. This is my first ES character after a half-assed attempt during open beta, so I'm not too keen on these :P Still gonna try using Blood of Corruption though. Will report how it goes

Also, what do you think of using Shavronne's Revelation for the 3% ES regen?
Last edited by sunleonid on Dec 8, 2016, 7:33:44 PM
Which is the current 2.5 Passive Tree skill build?
"
sunleonid wrote:
"
Tahreyn wrote:

Yeah looks like I haven't taken Essence Surge yet. This is my first ES character after a half-assed attempt during open beta, so I'm not too keen on these :P Still gonna try using Blood of Corruption though. Will report how it goes

Also, what do you think of using Shavronne's Revelation for the 3% ES regen?

I will probably not be using that ring, as I will be going 2x Ventor's Gamble, but it is a really good option if you do not want to go MF. Also you should try to make room for a shield charge / whirling blade setup. It'll make dodging stuff a lot easier. I just did Tul btw without any issues, but it was more or less a nuke kill so not much running around.

"
Jakkt wrote:
Which is the current 2.5 Passive Tree skill build?

You will find the 2.5 passive skill trees in Section 2.
Builds:
Do you switch to single target gems to kill Tul? Mine did not have enough damage to nuke him within 8 seconds. I'd like to see vid of the kill so I learn something from it.

Got myself a shav ring and this is awesome. Boosts my survivability by an insane amount. Totally worth a somewhat expensive price.
Last edited by sunleonid on Dec 9, 2016, 4:13:05 PM
What's the best red support gem for SRS? Empower, Melee Physical Damage, Added Fire Damage, or Multistrike?
"
RegulusX wrote:
What's the best red support gem for SRS? Empower, Melee Physical Damage, Added Fire Damage, or Multistrike?

For trash:
Melee Splash + Melee Physical Damage

For Bosses
In theory i think Melee dmg on Full Life + Melee Physical should do the most dmg, but I'm starting to lean toward the following order:

Melee Physical Damage + Empower lvl 4 > empower lvl 3 > Added Fire > Multistrike > Melee dmg on Full life.

My reasoning being that even if empower would be less peak dps, your minions will have more life and should be able to survive aoe attacks better.

Multistrike is good dmg wise against stationary targets, but it has a hefty 180% mana multiplier.
Builds:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info