Season One, Race Event 12: One Hour Solo

"
lordsin22 wrote:
I've been looking around on the forums to see if i could find something that would clarify a few doubts about these runs (i may have failed in this search so i am sorry in case there's any sort of tutorial that i didn't see). I need info about what u guys do to prepare for an event like this. stuff like "do u gather, or craft, rare gear and leave in your stash so u can speed up and improve the efficiency of your brand new char? can you do that or is it against the rules? suggestions and maybe something that helps new players like me to better understand the procedure of such events. i would really appreciate if i could get any help or answer about this.

(sorry if my english is bad; i know it's boring to answer noob questions, but everybody was once a noob right? thanks)

Probably one of the most important steps is having an SS drive or ramdisk to speed up the loading times significantly. If you don't have one, then it'll be almost impossible to compete for the top-of-class places in a one hour race.
An SS Drive? And What have the flies of the game of the SS drive? I Don't understand you can't run programs from Flash drives. I'm not understanding what you're getting at.
"
skunk27 wrote:
"
lordsin22 wrote:
I've been looking around on the forums to see if i could find something that would clarify a few doubts about these runs (i may have failed in this search so i am sorry in case there's any sort of tutorial that i didn't see). I need info about what u guys do to prepare for an event like this. stuff like "do u gather, or craft, rare gear and leave in your stash so u can speed up and improve the efficiency of your brand new char? can you do that or is it against the rules? suggestions and maybe something that helps new players like me to better understand the procedure of such events. i would really appreciate if i could get any help or answer about this.

(sorry if my english is bad; i know it's boring to answer noob questions, but everybody was once a noob right? thanks)

Probably one of the most important steps is having an SS drive or ramdisk to speed up the loading times significantly. If you don't have one, then it'll be almost impossible to compete for the top-of-class places in a one hour race.

i dont have ssd / ramdisk. I load slow on 800x600 but still do ok.. Yeah I wish I loaded faster but not completely needed...
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Last edited by Powster on Feb 27, 2013, 9:28:46 PM
It will be 8 am here. Nice way to start the day.
Ours is the Fury
Can i play this event
Phil.P

Like This Game Oh Yeah !
"
KryptESidE wrote:
Can i play this event

You can create a character in the appropriate league 30 minutes prior to race start.
even for the best players, killing hillock first is pure chance, it is a difference of milliseconds, i dont think it deserve a reward point.
Join it!!!
"
sasapesso wrote:
even for the best players, killing hillock first is pure chance, it is a difference of milliseconds, i dont think it deserve a reward point.

RNG, nearly everything boils down to it.
"Tangata ako ana i te whare, te turanga ki te marae, tau ana"
Hard to compete with epic desyncs killing you...
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info