[DEAD in 3.0] DESTROY THE ATLAS! | 2H Dual Warchief Totem

"
bquast wrote:
what about best gems for 5 link dome? still increased aoe over melee damage on full?

I would say for a 5 link you are best going:

Ancestral Warchief - Melee Phys - Melee Phys on Full Life - Faster Attacks - Increased AoE or Conc Effect

The 6th link could be poison or Rapid Decay.

"
macsu wrote:
Hi guys, planning on playing this next league but I would have some noob questions :
1. why not use abyssus for dmg as helm ? I don't understand what makes devoto bis.
2. i will play softcore but I would eventually like to kill all major bosses and stuff,going chieftain (which is a lot more safer) will not have enough dps only with extra expensive gear? ATM I play it as champion but I don't know if it can clear all content including uber atziri and shaper and whatnot. Is there any other ascendancy then berserker that can do it with the listed gear ?
3. i would love to play this style but with something ll or ci for more effective hp, can anyone guide me to such a build (if it exists, I did not find any)
4. As a totemic play style which would have the most potential for endgame boss killing and stuff? (except spell totem fireblast)

ty in advance and pardon me for being a noob :)

any insight on this ?
"
macsu wrote:
any insight on this ?

Half of your questions are answered in the build guide already.
"
macsu wrote:
Hi guys, planning on playing this next league but I would have some noob questions :
1. why not use abyssus for dmg as helm ? I don't understand what makes devoto bis.
2. i will play softcore but I would eventually like to kill all major bosses and stuff,going chieftain (which is a lot more safer) will not have enough dps only with extra expensive gear? ATM I play it as champion but I don't know if it can clear all content including uber atziri and shaper and whatnot. Is there any other ascendancy then berserker that can do it with the listed gear ?
3. i would love to play this style but with something ll or ci for more effective hp, can anyone guide me to such a build (if it exists, I did not find any)
4. As a totemic play style which would have the most potential for endgame boss killing and stuff? (except spell totem fireblast)

ty in advance and pardon me for being a noob :)

I think a maruder using abyssus is just too squishy (+10% dmg taken from tree, 40%+ phys from helmet, no LL). Besides abyssus is for sure great damage boost, but its not so huge and crucial as in facebreaker build (in 2H build most dmg comes from axe, not flat added damage). With devoto we have movement, attack speed and huge dex stat, what can be also helpful (using legacy voidheart we can skip many points on tree - all right-down side and we lack of dex).
You can try to use abyssus and chieftain class (we have LL now). But im not sure if using abyssus can compensate lack of damage boost from bersrker tree (+40% more dmg), i dont think so.
"
Cyas wrote:
Thoughts on using Cospri's Will and dropping arctic armor for blasphemy Temp Chains?

This would give 100% chance to poison and some extra dot dmg. You still get ~1300 armor from Iron Reflexes and can drop voidheart for a nice steel ring.

I'm not sure about the defensives of Temp chains vs arctic armor, or if it's worth losing the brass dome.

This is quite interesting since Temp Chains has the Other effects on Cursed enemies expire 40% slower, which if I'm correct would mean our poison lasts longer, and ontop of unreliable chance to poison we would now have 100% chance. Ofcourse we are also able to run the second curse via witchfire or curse on hit. In that case, I would also drop Dirty Techniques and Hatchet Master and go for the Cleaving notable, and some additional life.

One thing to keep in mind, Cospris can't poison and curse on the same hit, but assuming the Blasphemy and not curse on hit, this should still poison on the first hit right?
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
"
bquast wrote:
what about best gems for 5 link dome? still increased aoe over melee damage on full?

I would say for a 5 link you are best going:

Ancestral Warchief - Melee Phys - Melee Phys on Full Life - Faster Attacks - Increased AoE or Conc Effect

The 6th link could be poison or Rapid Decay.

thats what I figured, and what im running thanks
"
One thing to keep in mind, Cospris can't poison and curse on the same hit, but assuming the Blasphemy and not curse on hit, this should still poison on the first hit right?

Hitting anything inside the Blasphemy radius will Poison on the first hit, and anything outside will be poisoned on the second hit if you're running curse on hit gloves.

I think Dirty Techniques is still worth taking for the hefty 70% increased damage over time and skill duration.

Also Arctic Armor is pretty lackluster for this build since the majority of the time you're running around just dropping chilled ground. Even without Cospri's I think I would run Blasphemy Temp Chains.
Last edited by Cyas on Feb 23, 2017, 3:08:58 PM
"
Cyas wrote:
"

Hitting anything inside the Blasphemy radius will Poison on the first hit, and anything outside will be poisoned on the second hit if you're running curse on hit gloves.

I think Dirty Techniques is still worth taking for the hefty 70% increased damage over time and skill duration.

Also Arctic Armor is pretty lackluster for this build since the majority of the time you're running around just dropping chilled ground. Even without Cospri's I think I would run Blasphemy Temp Chains.

Without cospi's you don't have dual curse so there's no point in running blashpemy and curse on hit gloves. And giving up curse on hit vulnerability for blasphemy temp chains doesn't make much sense.

Also (if you're using cospi's) replacing AA with blasphemy means another 10% reservation so you'd need some reduced mana reserved on the tree and possibly a lvl 4 enlighten on the disfavour.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Feb 23, 2017, 4:27:36 PM
As a relatively new player, I don't really know what I'm doing wrong with all these Marauder "Level with firetrap and firestorm" suggestions. I understand they're not required, but how do people get by with these two skills for long when you're not picking up any spell damage nodes? Fire trap doesn't even have enough damage to kill a white mob in three explosions by the time you get to merveils cavern, let alone just setting a trap, running away and hoping an enemy dies by the fire for the xp. Firestorm is ok for a while but it's single target is meh and its damage falls off relatively quickly without boosting your spell damage along the way. I'm using a lifesprig and a spell damage shield, so I don't understand why my damage is so bad in these cases. I cannot imagine what it would be like with a regular wand. Anyone wanna let me know what I'm doing wrong? I get the whole "cast and leave the area" idea but it just doesn't have enough damage to actually kill an enemy before I leave the area

I switched to using sunder till I got the totems and my god does sunder wreck face. Just gather up a ton of enemies then bowl them over with one or two sunder casts, even rare enemies get two shot. Wouldn't this also feel better for solo SSF? Because you're grabbing melee physical damage nodes and since you're grabbing armor that mostly requires STR then most of your sockets will probably be red anyways and thus easier to socket your stuff?
Hey there, I am a new player. Played a few years ago but never got past level 45 so I have very little game knowledge. My Marauder is my very first toon and am trying to follow your guide which is great!

Right now I am trying to get my guy setup similar to your budget section as I am not near the max end game. One thing that I am confused about is that I have a very similar setup right now gear wise and skill tree wise but your dps is 120k buffed in hideout where as I'm at around 35k. The only difference I can see is I am 10 levels under you.

Also your Warchief gem is in a 4 link item same as mine but you have 6 buffs on it looking at the screenshot. I have 3 which makes sense because I have 3 support gems.

If anyone could help explain what I am doing wrong it would be appreciated! Still learning a lot so I am probably missing something obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info