Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

First of, thank you for this awesome tool!

Do you have a plan to include the dmg calculation (effective) for Cast while Channeling skills?

I know that some of the calculations are highly theoretical, for example Firestorm. But it would be nice to know, even when its "only" is calculated for one "ball".

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
Openarl wrote:
"
Meorin wrote:
I am using Path of Building quite excessively for theory crafting. Its just an absolute awesome tool. When you added the import option it just made me multiply the amount of builds saved. Cus of that I want to ask for a new feature: Detailed filters for your saved builds to safe them.

Things I would like to filter for: highest used dps skill, one or multiple gems used (with multiple groups connected with "or" or "and"), life/es/armor/evasion (again: with multiple groups connected with "or" or "and"), uniques (again: with multiple groups connected with "or" or "and"), max resistances, specific notes taken on the tree (typed in by name) (again: with multiple groups connected with "or" or "and").
I do have some enhancements planned for the build list screen, although I don't have time to work on them at the moment; I'm planning to add support for folders, plus some sort of searching or tagging feature. But I don't think I'll be adding anything like what you're suggesting, and I will explain why.

Aside from requiring a lot of work to implement, most of the information you want to filter by isn't stored in the actual build file, but rather is calculated when the build is loaded, so I'd have to choose between having the filter code fully load up every single build (which would be very slow if you have a lot of builds), or adding that information to the build file (which is ugly, and requires that existing builds be loaded and saved once before filtering can apply).

Also, comparing stats from different builds is problematic, since the magnitude of the numbers rarely tells the whole story; a build with a calculated DPS of 200k might do less DPS in real world conditions than one with 100k, if the setups are very different, or a build with 10k ES might have better survivability than one with 13k. So trying to filter or sort builds by stats isn't necessarily meaningful.
"
EDIT: as a workaround: An option to export all builds information: items, active/passive skills (with their stats like dps, aps, dot...), all character infos one might want to know about like life, evasion, armor, es, dps, movement speed etc, etc, etc. To export all this into an excel sheet, always using the same format would be great, a txt file would work too but would be harder to make work for me.
It's not much of a workaround, since it shares most of the same issues as the filter system; there would be less effort required in the UI, but I'd have to figure out how export the data; creating an excel sheet would be too difficult, so it would need to be a CSV or text file. Regardless, it's not something I'd have time to work on for a while.

"
I cant seem to get the Tool to import my Character Data. Privacy is set right but when typing in my Username it changes ü to ? so it does not work. Even with the poesessid the import does not work :(.
It will work if you URL encode your account name, like this:
Gl%C3%BChwein

"
Lurius wrote:
Excellent tool that just keeps getting better and better. I have one wish again, it would be really nice to have folders on the "landing screen", where all the builds are listed. I think it would be nice to be able to organize builds by league (and by class, with nested folders or some kind of tree structure).
As mentioned above, that's something I'm planning to add, but I don't know when I'll get around to it.

"
i could not even import my char followed everything carefully is it a bug?
I had no problems importing your characters. Were you entering your character name or account name? You have to enter your account name first.

"
trap_attack wrote:
I run at 4k resolution and the latest update seems to have made it impossible to access the top menu bars (with save and etc). They are literally not visible anymore.
That sounds most unusual; I haven't had any other similar reports yet. Could you show me a screenshot?

thank you so much i didnt see import char account name i just went ahead and put my char name lmfao
Does this tool work for Doomfletch's Prism?
http://imgur.com/J9tbWiT

There's a quick screenshot of what my path of building looks like (4k screen resolution). As you can see, the top bar is cut off. In addition, there seems to be an 'offset' where when i click on something, the actually clicked location is several pixels up. It's a shame, because it basically prevents me from effectively using this great program since whenever update broke it :(
Once again, my thanks for writing this tool

Noticed that the new "regen, degen" feature is not working correctly. it seems to be ~2x the regen of my character for some reason. in game it is 670.4 and in the tool after a direct import no changes it says 1246.3. Don't know if degen is accurate but this is what i'm seeing on the life regen side
Last edited by dantven on May 9, 2017, 12:47:02 AM
"
wichiwa wrote:
Posting because i'm not sure if the Mjölner is fully supported:
Damage (at least discharge) isn't increased/decreased when slotted in main hand slot. Might i suggest that that in configuration>effective DPS there is something along the lines of 'are socketed gems in Mjölner' to support both -35% penalty of discharge being triggered, as well as "Socketed Lightning Spells deal 100% increased Spell Damage if Triggered"?

Your work is fantastic! keep up the great work :)

Just a followup to say a huge thank you for the recent update! Really helped me out a bunch :)
Keep up the good work!
"
trap_attack wrote:

There's a quick screenshot of what my path of building looks like (4k screen resolution). As you can see, the top bar is cut off. In addition, there seems to be an 'offset' where when i click on something, the actually clicked location is several pixels up. It's a shame, because it basically prevents me from effectively using this great program since whenever update broke it :(

Using 4k and I can't say I have the same problem. http://imgur.com/a/QxQJp
edit: nvm I found the button. lmao

wonderful tool
IGN: Omjak
"THIS WORLD... IS AN ILLUSION EXILE".
Last edited by Omjak_777 on May 9, 2017, 1:27:30 AM
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
First of, thank you for this awesome tool!

Do you have a plan to include the dmg calculation (effective) for Cast while Channeling skills?

I know that some of the calculations are highly theoretical, for example Firestorm. But it would be nice to know, even when its "only" is calculated for one "ball".
Cast while Channelling is already fully supported, but Firestorm's DPS can't be calculated yet, so it won't work for that skill.

"
Does this tool work for Doomfletch's Prism?
Yes, it is fully supported.

"
trap_attack wrote:

Oh, it's that bug... I haven't seen a report of that for a long time. It's strange that it only appeared when you updated, since I don't recall being able to fix it last time. I should note that you don't appear to be running the latest version, so you should try updating; there's a remote chance that a certain change made in 1.4.8 will resolve it.

"
dantven wrote:
Once again, my thanks for writing this tool

Noticed that the new "regen, degen" feature is not working correctly. it seems to be ~2x the regen of my character for some reason. in game it is 670.4 and in the tool after a direct import no changes it says 1246.3. Don't know if degen is accurate but this is what i'm seeing on the life regen side
Go to the Calcs tab and check the "Aura and Buff Skills" list near the top; there may be some skills granting regen that you're not expecting to be active.
"
Openarl wrote:
Go to the Calcs tab and check the "Aura and Buff Skills" list near the top; there may be some skills granting regen that you're not expecting to be active.

I checked, everything there seems to be accurate. Is there logs i can grab for you or some way to help fix?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info