Cumulative Atlas Completion Bonus

"
South_North wrote:
While the mechanic wasn't even out, it is a direct Nerf to mapping that was to come

no it's not. the old atlas system put a huge malus on your map drop rate which you could have slowly compensated by unlocking maps.

the new atlas map drop procedure doesn't have the malus anymore.

---

the problem here is, again, communication.

when ggg introduced the old map drop buff, they didn't mention the malus but it was obvious to everyone except the "hypa hypa's" that the up to 120% MORE map drop rate when fully completing the atlas would have to be countered with a respective nerf to the general map drop rate.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 29, 2016, 4:14:01 AM
Edit. Chris explained on Reddit.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Aug 29, 2016, 4:24:34 AM
This sounds really positive. Instead of brickwalling around tier 11 maps (with 12+ being quite rare), I expect I'll now see enough maps to sustain T13, with 14+ being somewhat rare.

I can live with that.

Next, please rebalance the IIQ and Packsize numbers for each of the various map mods. Some cancer mods (+105% damage dealt as additional cold damage) offer very little, while some harmless mods (40% less regen) offer huge incentives to run them.

Le Toucan Will Return
i knew i could believe in u man i love u dude i rly do
No one cares about standard. It's literally a recycle bin, just press empty.
Meh.
I wonder why you make such a changes 5 days before launch. It's disturbing.
There is a sure way to die.

Билды - это листья на дереве Path of Exile. C каждым патчем одни опадают, и каждую лигу вырастают другие.
bloodlines zana mod is op now
very good change
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Aug 29, 2016, 5:00:56 AM
News are coming fast and furious. I do like this change in theory.
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Nykken wrote:
So, assuming a bonus of 123%...
If you're farming tier 2 or above it would be impossible to see a tier 1 drop as it has a 100% chance to upgraded at least one tier and a 23% chance to be upgraded two tiers to a tier 3.

If you're farming Dried Lake you would still only see tier 1 as that's the highest tier that can drop in Dried lake.

If you're farming tier 1 then normal mobs would still drop only tier 1 maps as tier 1 is the cap, but magic/rare enemies could only drop tier 2 while bosses would have all tier 1 drops upgraded to at least a tier 2 with a 23% chance to upgrade to a tier 3 along with its usual tier 2 drop being upgraded to a tier 3 drop and its usual tier 3 droprate.

edit: actually, the way the OP is worded, it might be the case that normal mobs in tier 1 would actually drop tier 2 maps with a 23% chance to upgrade to tier 3 as tier 3 is technically possible as a drop in tier 1 off of the map boss.

No, the way the OP is worded makes it crystal clear that a white mob in a tier 1 can only drop tier 1 maps.

Capped at maximum level that could drop from that monster (same as before).

Will Google maps work with the new atlas? because the old map system google kept routing me through the gorge
Oh... so now, instead, I can just keep going up the tiers of maps instead of staying where I want to be. Cool. With that, no map drop bonus, great f**king trade off..... (sarcasm if you can't tell)
Last edited by gato8344 on Aug 29, 2016, 5:44:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info