Cumulative Atlas Completion Bonus

I was assuming that Atlas of Worlds would remove the concept of "map starvation" and having to "sustain my map pool". Forget about all these map drop rates, multipliers, etc. The Atlas should be a map just like the game world map. There are waypoints and you can go back to them at any time. If it's just as hard to "sustain my map pool" as before, then I don't understand what this expansion is doing. New bosses and layouts to maps that I won't ever see? This is a very timid attempt to rework the end game. It's the same end game? I don't get it. I can't figure out what this expansion is...
quality over quantity, sounds good
"
neilll wrote:
I was assuming that Atlas of Worlds would remove the concept of "map starvation" and having to "sustain my map pool". Forget about all these map drop rates, multipliers, etc. The Atlas should be a map just like the game world map. There are waypoints and you can go back to them at any time. If it's just as hard to "sustain my map pool" as before, then I don't understand what this expansion is doing. New bosses and layouts to maps that I won't ever see? This is a very timid attempt to rework the end game. It's the same end game? I don't get it. I can't figure out what this expansion is...

Its a reason to sell new supporter packs, LUL.
Not even sure I'll play if it's the same map drop system! Never mind supporter packs...
GGG, we still need a reliable guaranteed way to make maps harder while increasing their rewards.
Zana should be able to master craft hard affixes for quantity or pack size bonuses using chaos orbs.

Vaal orbs in many cases do nothing or brick the map in a way that your build can not do. Sextants are good first step but we need better more robust options.

So far, risky maps have very little gains over far riskier ones due to how totally rng quant/pack size are in determining what maps drop and the rest of the time you've burned out your vaal orb reserves on duds.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
So at 100% chance you can't find T1 maps anymore?

What if I want to still find T1 maps for some silly reason like card farming?
"
ZaM wrote:

You can re -lock maps at an exceptional cost ;)
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
ZaM wrote:

Then you can unspec your completed Atlas :^)
IGN @dime
"
Chris wrote:
TL;DR:
Old Atlas Bonus: 1% cumulative bonus to map drop rate per map completed (up to 123~125%). Overall map drops reduced by 33% to compensate at lower levels.

New Atlas Bonus: 1% chance for a map drop to upgrade by a tier per map completed (up to 123~125%). Higher than 100% means it can go up a second tier. Capped at maximum level that could drop from that monster (same as before). There is no reduction to map drop rates.

On the surface this seems to be a really bad change because more maps means a wider range of map drops. But I actually think it is a strong change because I have no trouble keeping in range of tier 9-11 maps, but tier 12+s are very difficult to obtain and sustain. If map drop rates aren't penalized, then this change *should* help me get more tier 12-13s, which would be my tier 11-12 drops. It isn't as steep of a progression as I would like (because this might not be enough to see me drop a t16 without vendoring maps), but it is a step in the right direction.

I do have one worry though. This change would suggest that we will no longer be able to drop the tier 1 maps inside of maps after unlocking a significant portion of the Atlas. I don't think there should ever be a situation where you can't get the map you're in back.
Why not both?

If you're doing T13 map, the bonus of "you'll get T2 instead of T1 when it drops" does not sound as a reward for finishing 100 maps at Atlas.
Last edited by Sitnave on Aug 29, 2016, 1:13:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info