Exalted Orb Drop Rate in Standard

Than i must be very lucky to find more than 30ex on my own. And no i do not trade at all, so far i only bought a Atziri's Disfavour and a Romira's Banquet and i vendor all uniques i already found.

IIR and IIQ will increase all of your drops still you need to grind. If you can't stand the grind, trade.
Selffound FTW!!!!
Last edited by Mordad on Aug 26, 2016, 11:19:53 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
lab is a stamina exercise.

Stamina. Endurance Charges. Hue.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
It's not just rng you just need to clear faster.

The build that clears maps in x minutes will find twice as much exalts than the build that clears it in .5x.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Hello everyone!

I'm a very casual PoE player who has played basically only ever in Standard league. After clocking 300 hours on Steam, I still haven't gotten an Exalted Orb drop once.

Am I a little sad? Not going to lie yes, but I understand RNG. However, as I've been stalking these forums every now and then, it seems that other players can manage to find an Exalted Orb once at least every two weeks of playing. I imagine they clock quite a few hours into this game each week, but still.

My question is, do Exalted Orbs drop more often in challenge leagues than they do in Standard? To me, it would make sense since Standard's economy is so saturated with... everything. Of course, I guess there's no real way to "confirm" this but is anyone else in the same boat as I am? Or am I just quite unlucky?

First, you aren't too unlucky. Plenty of people went that long without an exalt drop.

A question? Do you run uber lab at all? I have had a lot of luck finding them from currency chests in there. Secondarily, I have had some luck finding them in Mao Kun. If you want to see your first shiny exalt drop, those are two fabulous places to start.
Another nameless player once said "You don't find Exalted Orbs, Exalted Orbs find you.

That being said, I've clocked in over 2100 hours, and i've probably had about 7 pure exalted drop. I remember quite vividly when my first one dropped it was about 1400 hours into the game. I do not idle this game, when I play it I no life the hell outta it, so if that gives you any idea about how hard it is to actually have one drop... then there ya go.

Mind you, I do tend to try to build pure clear speed builds. I would say before 1400 hours I was still figuring out the game, because this game has so much to it other than mapping and doing gorge rotations, that being said the result of the characters I created were rather lacking in clear speed and or viability into maps.
Jkurs on twitch, come and join the action . :)
I've made threads and posts about how shitty the drop rates of high tier currency are too, many times. I play 98% self found. Then I gave up on IIQ/IIR and just started spamming high tier corrupted maps, and everything changed.

Now I may see an exalt or a divine drop every ~20-30 hours of game play, give or take. Had a divine drop 5 minutes ago.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Aug 26, 2016, 11:56:31 AM
What I've noticed in PoE as someone who plays a lot for a casual, yet still on a casual's schedule...

If I play for an hour each day, I won't get any decent orbs to drop in a week's time.
But if I play for four hours in one day, I'll see multiple chaos, vaal, etc. drop.

This was also true of my one exalt drop: it was one a day I played for a few hours in a row. Granted, odds are in favor of it dropping on one of the longest sessions, but still, never had one drop when I played in short bursts. That RNG comment doesn't mean much from one person, but that's nonetheless my experience.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
Barivius wrote:
First, you aren't too unlucky. Plenty of people went that long without an exalt drop.

A question? Do you run uber lab at all? I have had a lot of luck finding them from currency chests in there. Secondarily, I have had some luck finding them in Mao Kun. If you want to see your first shiny exalt drop, those are two fabulous places to start.

I have trouble running merciless lab :P. I'm working on getting better (mechanically and knowledge-wise) though, and I'll take your advice to heart, thank you very much!
"
xerofite wrote:
Another nameless player once said "You don't find Exalted Orbs, Exalted Orbs find you.

That being said, I've clocked in over 2100 hours, and i've probably had about 7 pure exalted drop. I remember quite vividly when my first one dropped it was about 1400 hours into the game. I do not idle this game, when I play it I no life the hell outta it, so if that gives you any idea about how hard it is to actually have one drop... then there ya go.

Mind you, I do tend to try to build pure clear speed builds. I would say before 1400 hours I was still figuring out the game, because this game has so much to it other than mapping and doing gorge rotations, that being said the result of the characters I created were rather lacking in clear speed and or viability into maps.

I also remember a player somewhere saying the amount of time it takes to get "good" at PoE can be more or less equivalent to the time it takes to get "good" at LoL. I've taken that to heart and just accepted that I have a very long way to go to really get a grasp on the game's economics and mechanics and etc.

Thank you for your input. Although it sounds bad, it's comforting to know someone else who played a long time before seeing their first drop. I'd love to get a good farming/clearing character going, so after reading some of the stuff on this thread, I'll probably try to do that in the upcoming league.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:29:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info