Exalted Orb Drop Rate in Standard

I've twice dropped two within a minute of each other.

I can often see 1 a day for a number of days.

I've dropped 3 in a day a few times.

I've seen 5 in 3 days a few times.

I've also gone ~600+ hours of end game map clearing without seeing one.

To not see one in 300 hours on a new account is probably quite normal.
Casually casual.

i guess they wont ever share if Temporary leagues have boosted IQ and IR values. my RNG found way more currencies in temp leagues than in standard(and i have above 140%quantity in my std runs compared to 90ish quantity values in temp leagues).
i think i have found 2 exalted orbs in prophecy league. i have 4 charachters there. lvl 92, 90, 90, 90 so i have been playing a lot.

i don't know why you are talking about item rarity here. it doesn't do anything for orbs.
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 26, 2016, 6:28:45 PM
"
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
I average 6-10 exalt drops per league, every league since Ambush. By your figures I must have up to 750-1250 days of play time per league, which is truly astounding considering I usually never play past the second month of the league.

This is roughly what I've gotten as well. I do think using raw amount of time is a poor argument, during those "1000 hour" or whatever, if your efficiency sucks it's really no better than the guy who's being efficient in say a 100 hour period. I suspect this is the issue with some players.

If speed running maps is the only way to play PoE to get any exalts (or other "blue moon" rare drop orbs) then that is a major flaw in PoE and just reflects the wrong decision GGG has made with exp nerfs that requires faster map clearing to try to maintain the same exp/hour. The faster play speed just makes the fps problems worse and PoE becomes more like a switch fast reaction shooter than a strategy arpg. Yes, this is for other threads on the whole maximum offence and go, go, go playing of PoE where speed killing mobs is the only way to play but I hate having to do this and it is totally the wrong direction for GGG to take.

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
300 hours is a long time. I wonder is you maybe missed one. They are streaky at times.
In 1-1,5 month I dropped 2exalts(and 3 divines). Doing mostly maps t8-t12 like this: T8-t9 alch, t10-t11 20q+alch. t12 and above q,alch and vaal. I have just one briefly mf-specced char, with 70iir+30iiq, I play this char about 30% of total time.
I don't know if that's my bias already, but exs seem to drop for me with most plain maps and chars. I dropped last one on t7, ~70mf map with character w/o almost any mf at all.
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Aug 27, 2016, 2:24:41 AM
I have never seen an Ex drop. I have over 1400 hours on steam, but it took me 1000 of those to figure out how to get a great clearing character. I have my first 80+ character in Prophecies and have only 100 or so hours with mid level maps. I did have a Divine drop very early in this league though.

I do see way too many crappy low level uniques dropping in maps though and usually I get repeats of those. :(
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
I have never seen an Ex drop. I have over 1400 hours on steam, but it took me 1000 of those to figure out how to get a great clearing character. I have my first 80+ character in Prophecies and have only 100 or so hours with mid level maps. I did have a Divine drop very early in this league though.

I do see way too many crappy low level uniques dropping in maps though and usually I get repeats of those. :(

Just earn it. I spent quite a lot of exs never dropping one myself. I admit it was 3 times as easy back then, but I when I needed currency I simply went for grinding, dragged every rare back to h/o, reciped it and so on. I had 30 or 40ex, which I needed, in no time. I didn't drop single worthy item, too. (or I didn't spot it).
Spoiler

Actually I dropped my first ex with my second char, in cavern of anger in a1 normal. I had no idea what it was, eventually I spent it on some crap worth few c. But this fact spoiled dramaturgy of my post, so I hided it
Burn all the orbs!
Does the map lvl decide what currency can drop, or could you theoretically get an exalt or a mirror on the beach at lvl 1? And has that ever happened?
"
skuadak wrote:
"
ChanBalam wrote:

Just earn it. I spent quite a lot of exs never dropping one myself. I admit it was 3 times as easy back then, but I when I needed currency I simply went for grinding, dragged every rare back to h/o, reciped it and so on. I had 30 or 40ex, which I needed, in no time. I didn't drop single worthy item, too. (or I didn't spot it).
Spoiler

Actually I dropped my first ex with my second char, in cavern of anger in a1 normal. I had no idea what it was, eventually I spent it on some crap worth few c. But this fact spoiled dramaturgy of my post, so I hided it
My first Exalt dropped yesterday in an Acid Lakes map!!
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info