Exalted Orb Drop Rate in Standard

Hello everyone!

I'm a very casual PoE player who has played basically only ever in Standard league. After clocking 300 hours on Steam, I still haven't gotten an Exalted Orb drop once.

Am I a little sad? Not going to lie yes, but I understand RNG. However, as I've been stalking these forums every now and then, it seems that other players can manage to find an Exalted Orb once at least every two weeks of playing. I imagine they clock quite a few hours into this game each week, but still.

My question is, do Exalted Orbs drop more often in challenge leagues than they do in Standard? To me, it would make sense since Standard's economy is so saturated with... everything. Of course, I guess there's no real way to "confirm" this but is anyone else in the same boat as I am? Or am I just quite unlucky?
Last bumped on Nov 19, 2016, 12:19:04 PM
RNG is RNG.

For example I dropped 9 exalted orb during the Talisman league (1 months play) and maybe 1 or 2 during Prophecy (3 months play).

Don't count on Exalt drop to buy stuff, focus on getting chaos instead (they are multiple ways to get some either by regular drop, chaos recipe or trade).
Last edited by IceDeal on Aug 26, 2016, 9:19:36 AM
All the same base drop rate.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I clocked up 870 hours on HC prophecy according to steam and got 1 exalt. To be honest though I was probably afk for about 2/3 of that, so I guess that means I got one in 300 hours of actual play time as well?

The people who are finding at least one every 2 weeks are likely playing builds with higher clear speed and increased quantity of dropped items than you or I are.
Thanks for the replies :)

All your comments make me feel better about myself, so thanks haha.

But wouldn't it make sense for GGG to tone down the amount of Exalt drops in Standard though? Since everything from challenge leagues just eventually trickle down?
Just build a IR/IQ Character and grind.
Selffound FTW!!!!
As I understand it, GGG monitors and alters the drop rates of a lot of stuff, including exalts. Officially, there is no difference between Standard and Softcore Temp, outside of temp content (which usually is rewarding, thus increasing your chances of getting exalts in temp leagues).

What I can offer as advice is to make sure you have a decent clear speed, try to play in maps with decent iiq, and most of all not underestimate the efficiency of currency-dropping stuff (like arcanist's strongboxes and special chests in the labyrinth), as this stuff is a lot of extra chances to drop exalts.
Can't see that going down well with the community. Then playing the leagues would feel even more like something you HAD to do, rather than a personal choice.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:27:59 PM
Sounds good everyone! Thanks for the friendly replies.

I'll mess around with IR and IQ and I'll watch a feel videos on how to make a decent build (newbie here would appreciate any good links or videos). I might even try playing Atlas next month :P.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info