Scammers getting Mirrors?...

Today I found out something new and interesting.

Opened up trade chat. See the guy with outrageous ratios for buying currencie - like 1 chaos for 5 alchs or popular div. cards for half of their Market price. Having nothing to do atm, I asked him about his shady business. According to my somewhat naive unexperienced thinking nobody would bait this and make him rich, but he eventually linked me 5 Mirrors.

Literally. What? Is this "spam trade chat with insane ratios" method actually working lol?
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Aug 26, 2016, 9:16:40 AM
Last bumped on Aug 27, 2016, 2:40:48 PM
You'd be surprised how foolish ppl are. You know they sell $60,000 hand bags and $350,000 wristwatches right? Me I just use my pocket and a $200 cell phone and buy at proper ratios.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 26, 2016, 7:38:43 AM
There are always people desperately needing to get rid of orbs they do not need, or want chaoses badly, or noobs, or just to free stash space. It's rare, but such exist.
It's basically not playing the game, but staring at the trade chat, waiting for a couple of daily deals.
When you do this long enough, the profit buys you mirrors.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Aug 26, 2016, 7:42:51 AM
Trade chat means fast trade with often other ratios than normal, sometimes bad for buyers sometimes vice versa.

If some1 makes his money trading currency with bad ratios by spamming trade chat every day for hours - hf, its so stupidly boring
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

Well you can make script that will send one message in one trade chat with 1 button and don't waste like any of your time. I think it's perfectly legal. Not to mention - a lot of people chill in hideout and trade anyways, so it's not that big of a bother to get dem Mirrors from fools. ;_;
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Aug 26, 2016, 8:39:23 AM
You forgot to talk about the "scammers" you baited everyone with in the title.
I gain 10 mirrors every league

/scam artist
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Was his name yjpig :3
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I cannot imagine that "ratio-scams" are very effective at all. I guess once in a while, some inexperienced player will fall for it.

Thing is, in every game, there are always people spamming bad deals/tricks, to get something or earn minor profit for "nothing". Profit/time is horrible, but there will always be people who will be willing to spend a lot of time to get something for nothing.
Last edited by Snowflakesz on Aug 26, 2016, 8:53:30 AM
NEVER be surprised about the stupidity of the human race.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info