Is Atlas only for the top 5% of players?

"
databeaver wrote:
I thought myself pretty casual, having played around 250 hours in prophecy

Seriously 250 hours in prophecy.. a casual player. 4hours/day during 2 months a casual player
YOU ARE A NOLIFER MAN
Path of 0 FPS ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"
666lol666 wrote:

^ THIS!
I don't see any CASUAL player ever clear a core map for example, not even a white one!

Casuals dont loot Core maps, so there is no problem with difficulty :P
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Axtobrak wrote:
Seriously 250 hours in prophecy.. a casual player. 4hours/day during 2 months a casual player
YOU ARE A NOLIFER MAN

Yeah, see, I thought nolifers were those who play 6 hours per day after work and 12 hours per day on weekends. I very rarely have time for that. In another thread where I told I only have about 140/300 towards the map drops from map bosses challenge another person commented "oh, I guess you haven't played very much then".

These forums are giving me some serious mixed signals.
"
vio wrote:

and i'm sure i will feed on the tears that will flow here and on reddit on how unfair and oneshotting the shaper and the other boss fights are. tasty!!

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Aug 25, 2016, 7:37:40 AM
I would bet that most players never map. The community here isn't made up of typical players. We're "fans". Even those that hate on the game enough to come here are "fans" of a sort. You get a really biased view of what players are like by looking at forums... either here or reddit.

Most just load up the game and play a character. When they get through normal, they stop. Might try it again in a couple months.

That's probably more typical play than we care to admit.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I would bet that most players never map. The community here isn't made up of typical players. We're "fans". Even those that hate on the game enough to come here are "fans" of a sort. You get a really biased view of what players are like by looking at forums... either here or reddit.

Most just load up the game and play a character. When they get through normal, they stop. Might try it again in a couple months.

That's probably more typical play than we care to admit.

These aren't players, they are just passing through.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Atlas is an update that affects the whole mapping experience. Atlas is for all players who use maps. Shaper is for the top 1% of players, but the Atlas is more than just the final fight.

Is prophecy only for the players who can kill the pale council? Of course not.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
viperesque wrote:
Worth pointing out that one of the bonuses offered by the Atlas is a huge bonus to map drops (up to double for a completed Atlas). That should help with this sort of issue.

IMHO
double the Zero drops is still fucking zero!

(0<0) or so it doesn't look like an owl "0x2=0"

Still fucked up that ggg allows t1-6 to drop in T13+ maps, hell just put brackets around colors,
In yellow maps, only tellows drop; in red maps, only red drop - hell if any drop, but not a fucking T1-2 in a T14 map.

It just MIGHT be the most f'ed up expansion - well prophecies stay and essences are ok bur rng layer as an icing to the cake? WTF...
No Problem,
Exile
"
TheExile777 wrote:

It just MIGHT be the most f'ed up expansion - well prophecies stay and essences are ok bur rng layer as an icing to the cake? WTF...

What additional RNG layer are you talking about? It's actually the other way round, with Shaper's Orbs you get to upgrade a map by 5 levels and thus add higher level maps to your drop pool, while removing the lower level variants from the pool.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
TheExile777 wrote:

What additional RNG layer are you talking about? It's actually the other way round, with Shaper's Orbs you get to upgrade a map by 5 levels and thus add higher level maps to your drop pool, while removing the lower level variants from the pool.

Let me explain:

1. This forum

2. Dead Sea, the second saltiest place on Earth:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info