Is Atlas only for the top 5% of players?

The question of the OP should be:

"Is PoE percieved as an easy game when not even 1% would complete shaper?"

And that would answer why people are so stupidly fixated on power creeps and stuff when they couldnt finish the progression themshelves.

So,game was always about time investment.Apparently the more you play,the better you become.To be able to do such content would require investment.

Now waiting for those double(triple,quad) dipping fixes and all would be in line as it should be
Bye bye desync!
Goals.
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
I don't know. Chris had stated that only around 1.2% of players ever get to maps at all, so this new expansion seems geared for a tiny subset of an already tiny subset. Perhaps even tinier than the "vocal minority" subset ;)

I am quite sure that this number cited the amount of players total that PoE had, and how many of those reached maps. Which included steam players trying out the game etc. (that same statistic cited that 50% of the players didnt get out of a1n, and i dont see there beeing a huge poe community for beachparties/volleyball that spend most of their time there)

I seriously doubt that anyone playing PoE over any real amount of time never reaches maps. Most players wont reach red maps, sure. But that has more to do with abysmal dropchance and/or effort needed.

Atlas hopefully improves on the casual-friendlyness of maps by limiting progression by difficulty, not by grind. But even if you bum around in white maps mostly, atlas is going to change your mapping experience i'd wager.
It can't be anymore. This was their big marketed endgame change. They are also hyping up these big bosses and the shaper, releasing all these uniques they will drop. Could you imagine the backlash if even the average player went into maps, tried to progress but couldn't even get the chance to because they never dropped.

They may not have the build for these fights but you gotta give people the chance to go into them. If not, this will not go over well.
Last edited by e1337donkey on Aug 25, 2016, 2:52:46 AM
"
e1337donkey wrote:

They may not have the build for these fights but you gotta give people the chance to go into them. If not, this will not go over well.

I agree with this. It should be gated by actual difficulty, not currency or drop chance
"
Redherring13 wrote:
Have been wondering same as well, I play Tier 8-11 maps (all chiceled, alched and some corrupted) but not have had single Tier 12-13 map drop in this whole year...I only play like 4-6 hours per week but still..

1. never chisel maps under T10
2. alch and corruption gets you nowhere if packsize isn't there
3. kill those bosses
4. red maps are not sustainable, unless you use ton of chaos rolling them + ADDING a Zana mod
5. this game is balanced around trading/partying and ofc playing way more than 1/day (this is not preventing things but makes them slower, way slower)
6. if you are playing in permanent league you are fucked since "normal" 1-10c gear won't sell

Spoiler
my mapping in this league in a nutshell:
-leveled to 90 in selffound T1-T6 pool
-purchased cheap T8's (cells/orchard), leveled into 93 with these
-purchased ~25 Village Ruins (4-5c each), they gave me a sustainable T10 pool(still going)
-Purchased ~20 Excavations 5-6c each
-run out of currency/red maps at 97, still have 10xT11 and 15xT10
-in theory i still would have ~50ex, but ripped all into STD(30ex pure, voidheart+Reach+etc) :D

e: if you play on permaleague, roll something that don't care about ele reflect, roll somehting that don't carea bout phys.reflect, roll something that don't care about BM/no regen, roll something that shits on bosses

alternate between characters, clearing 95% of the content and save a ton of chaos by not re-rolling your maps.

e2: one more thing, uberlab drops red maps quite often if you can run 4-5key runs :D
d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on Aug 25, 2016, 4:22:31 AM
we will get detailed statistics after essence
important things like who used goldrim
who reached lvl 2

ever noticed there were no lab instances created things that would have been interesting and data that is available 100%

you think you will get a who reached shaper statistics ? think again
ppl progression will stagnate in yellow maps like the last 4 leagues

ggg will never release a statistic that shows that this is a 1% update

enjoy your next who used goldrim sc/hc statistics

who is the minority now
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Aug 25, 2016, 4:49:47 AM
no atlas is "optional" for everyone, just like ascendancy points are "optional".

Whit the current "optional" trend GGG is taking, i guess playing the game is "optional" as well

YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
looking forward to have more goals to look forward to do other than uber atziri or t14-15 which i occasionally did in groups where others contributed the maps.

in games like this it's important to have goals, and stuff you did ceases it being a goal. so it's quite ok that a majority of players can't do that content because it means they still have goals.

of course people complain that they want things they see, it's a natural thing. just look at babies in supermarkets wanting to touch anything they see, once they touched it they want to touch other things...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
brunowa wrote:
I'm a casual player and I'd love to experience all that POE and the new Atlas of Worlds has to offer.

If map drops stay the same, you'll experience the same % of the Atlas, that you eperienced before (+- streaks). You'll have a hard time, as casual, to experience ALL of PoE content, especially if you don't trade.

Sadly, that's the implementation. Drop rates of red maps are kinda awful and the high RNG variance makes it so that returns are inconsistent. This is specifically designed to make the player grind a long time, or shortcut with trading.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info