Dear GGG,Leagues are dead after 1month, are there plans on making them last longer or its intended?

Dear GGG,Leagues are dead after 1 month, are there any plans on making them last longer or is it intended?

Some of my previous suggestions got quite of lot of approval but sadly nothing has been done so far

One was about making the league evolve in terms of complexity and difficulty through its course

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3ke7c7/povtemp_leagues_should_evolve_through_their/

and the other was about releasing content in waves instead of all of it on day 1

Prophecy has been the league that i gave up on the fastest and from what i heard, im not the only one, by a large margin

when you log in on peek hours on week8 and automatically get on global 1, there is a problem

when you ask something on global 5055 and the next reply is 2 minutes later, there is a problem

So, GGG, is it a concern or intended? just asking
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Aug 24, 2016, 9:00:16 PM
Last bumped on Aug 26, 2016, 2:57:23 PM
well, most redditors are hardcore players that typically go ham for the first two weeks, then quickly quit once they run out of things to do

though you are completely right about prophecy, this league has basically been vanilla

we really have to wait and see how the endgame is in 2.4, if successful the atlas will be great for player retention
✓©ⓔ®†ⓘⓕⓘⓔd ⓜ☺ⓡ☺n™✓
Prophecy was disappointing for a lot of people, but the map system as well just took its toll on some people like myself. Was just hard to get motivated to do it this time around.

I would like to see something happen during the leagues. Either the league itself evolves or they just turn on some previous mechanic to spice things up. Maybe at the 1 month / 2 month interval.
A big portion of what keeps people playing is the social aspects of online games.

PoE has none. It's actually worse to group with people some times. The guild features are near non-existent as well. Not saying this is the main issue, but it really exacerbates it.

Overall, the game is pretty shallow and just gives an illusion of depth. So that is why people quit in 2 weeks, like myself, it just gets boring. The map system already is bad, so they just gave us more of that which is a yawn fest.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
"
laycast wrote:
A big portion of what keeps people playing is the social aspects of online games.

PoE has none. It's actually worse to group with people some times. The guild features are near non-existent as well. Not saying this is the main issue, but it really exacerbates it.

Overall, the game is pretty shallow and just gives an illusion of depth. So that is why people quit in 2 weeks, like myself, it just gets boring. The map system already is bad, so they just gave us more of that which is a yawn fest.

I think you've highlighted a very valid criticism here. I do find myself playing solo mostly with most interactions constrained to trading and providing some crafting services. I do think the next thing GGG should work on is to improve the social aspect of the game and give more incentives as well as performance updates to the game so that group play doesn't turn into a PowerPoint.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Challenges arent the same as they used to be, thats one of the big reasons. The second big reason is the fact that gear has become significantly easier to obtain which means its relative to time spent playing and to how quickly someone burns out.

Old challenges were much harder and many were also significantly wealth weighted. Wealth takes time to accumulate especially in a new league, soo players played those leagues longer more consistently because they had to aquire wealth in order to complete their challenges.

As i mentioned above, gear is much, much easier to obtain. You can get a pretty decked out character in a week. A large part of the progression from gearing these days is absent, its because gear is easier to get, both drop wise and trading wise. It isnt like the old days where you manually had to scrounge to forums shops looking for things to buy.

Being able to gear up, level up and complete a character only makes you burn out that much more quickly. I usually do 2-3 characters per league but the game has accelerated soo much that i can quite literally deck out multiple characters in less than a month. It doesnt take much time to level to 90 to about 95 either, soo the leveling aspect is also another key factor.

It used to take longer to level as well and flesh out a build, now with Ascendancy points, we pretty much go past level 100 in terms of power once we hit 85-90.

Im not keen for keeping content hidden away thats already made for a league, i prefer it to all be there from the start. If they kept stuff and released it later on simply for retention sake it would probably have a negative effect to be honest. Heck, some people might not even bother with the league until x/y/z content is released later on down the road in the league which could potentially hurt initial player numbers.

In the case of prophecy, it left much to be yearned for but overall it was very good and interactive, especially endgame. I really wanted more fateds to be added, which never happened. Only 25/100 that they said they had actually ended up being released. Its quite possible they kept room to create and release better ones down the road since we know Rory and the team really wanted to make more, better fateds but simply didnt have the time to.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 24, 2016, 10:46:16 PM
Still waiting for "pandemonium events" which will definitely help with player retention across all leagues.

(they don't have to be timed based on vendoring a certain stone though...)
I agree that party play and stuff needs to be fixed and more people will play all the time, if you can find random people or a guild online at any time you would be on, it is a lot easier to tell yourself to keep playing one game over and over. Only reason I continually play right now is because I play with my girlfriend with lag free builds so that it doesn't seem better to play solo but in the same room together.

On the other hand, I feel like all the people that speed finish the challenges or get a character to 100 and quit until next league may never be satisfied. Their behavior screams that they want achievements done quick and then move on to the next game, and the next, etc. If you make the challenges take longer it still won't matter nor will party play improvements, the moment they are done they will leave. They probably don't care about their currency generation or what level they are, they just want to say 40/40 donebye.

I believe if party play was handled properly, we'd have a lot more people stick around throughout the league, but a good chunk will always leave the moment they achieve their goal which is usually all challenges done.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
It's time to bring in the long promised paid league option. People of similar interests could pool up and have some fun.
Other f2p games maintain retention by giving login and timed bonuses, timed events and other such shenanigans. Even D3 does this once in a while. I hope GGG doesn't do it.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info